Banned Forum Members

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Banned Forum Members

Post by Disney Duster »

Hi, I wanted to start a thread where we can talk about banned forum members. Like finding out why members were banned and when they will come back and also to serve as a reminder for bringing them back. If this isn't allowed, than this thread can be deleted.

It has been 7 weeks since Lazario has been banned. I don't know why he's been banned because the post he made that got him banned got removed. But I was thinking by now his banning must be up and that he's just been forgotten in how busy Luke has been. So can he come back now?
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Banned Forum Members

Post by Luke »

Lazario's suspension is an indefinite one and the result not of busyness or forgetfulness but one especially vulgar, hateful post following several years of disputes and difficulties. Leaving the door open at all for the possibility of a return shows more leniency than most communities would and more than most moderators feel is warranted here. Asking about suspended and banned members kind of opens a can of worms, because the party isn't around to defend themselves or give their side of the story.

The forum update apparently makes it easier to specify a reason for a banning. There is also a warning system which we may put to use. It usually takes quite a bit for a veteran forum member to get banned or suspended, which is why so few have in the forum's nearly ten years online in this state.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Does Lazario even want to come back? He's joined another forum (http://animationrevelation.com/forum/index.php).
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for answering Luke. Lazario and I were talking on Facebook and he does want to come back. I just thought 7 months, and with how peaceful the environment around here has become, made it a good time for him to be unbanned.

And yes Dr Frankenollie he does want to come back, but admittedly he's not pressing urgently to come back, so maybe he would be okay staying banned. I just know he would like it if he was unbanned.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I agree with Luke as far as banned members not being able to defend themselves in such a thread as this. I think as long as we keep the discussion from becoming something banned members would need to defend themselves from then it might be alright.