Accessing the site...

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Accessing the site...

Post by STASHONE »

I'm not sure why this is, but every other day the url for these message boards alternates between the proper functioning link and the temporary one. The beginning of the week I had no problems accessing these forums through the normal site link, however yesterday it was returned to the old format of the boards with the announcement forum, etc. Last night and thios morning the proper site url seemed to be back up and running so I replaced the numbers link in my favorites and added the proper site address and now, that seems to no longer be accessible. I'm posting now under the temporary numbers url. Its not really a big deal but I just thought Id make you aware of this and ask if anyone else is experiencing any confusion like this? Seems strange...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

The alternating thing is very odd - are you sure it's not a matter of you getting a cached page?

Anyhow, according to my Netfirms stats, around 50 visitors today in total have gotten to that old site, so while it's a very small percentage, I guess you're not alone.

I'm really sorry you're having trouble, but I don't think there's anything I can do - beyond waiting for it to fix itself.

Actually, maybe you could run an MS-DOS prompt "tracert ultimatedisney.com" and e-mail me with what you get. That will tell me how your computer is getting to the site, and if I pass it along to my new webhost they might able to tinker with something. If not or if you don't feel like doing that, I'm sure it will pass in time, ideally very very soon.

The number of hits at the old site is steadily dropping. Monday, there were just under 300 people, Tuesday just under 200, Wednesday around 125, yesterday around 90, and today should end up lower than that.

Sorry the move has been problematic for you!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

For me, I've gotten the new site, 100% the past few days...

So, hopefully it'll change for you soon...
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Luke wrote:The alternating thing is very odd - are you sure it's not a matter of you getting a cached page?

Possibly but I retry by opening new browser windows and posting both urls and alternating links in my favorites etc. Im illiterate when it comes to technical internet/computer related matters though.

Anyhow, according to my Netfirms stats, around 50 visitors today in total have gotten to that old site, so while it's a very small percentage, I guess you're not alone.

I'm really sorry you're having trouble, but I don't think there's anything I can do - beyond waiting for it to fix itself.

No problem at all Luke, just wanted to see if I was alone in this. I'm still posting so its not all bad, I expect it to be corrected soon enough...

Actually, maybe you could run an MS-DOS prompt "tracert ultimatedisney.com" and e-mail me with what you get. That will tell me how your computer is getting to the site, and if I pass it along to my new webhost they might able to tinker with something. If not or if you don't feel like doing that, I'm sure it will pass in time, ideally very very soon.

I can give that a try if you'd like and email you the results however it'll have to wait till tomorow cause Im busy with a few things right now and am going out to take care of some messages soon...

The number of hits at the old site is steadily dropping. Monday, there were just under 300 people, Tuesday just under 200, Wednesday around 125, yesterday around 90, and today should end up lower than that.

Sorry the move has been problematic for you!

Not problematic at all, these little glicthes are expected but Im sure the servers will be running smoothly soon. Thanks for the help!

Oliver.