The Worst Atrocity to Ever Befall Humankind - Kidz Bop!

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

*Andy* wrote:Good job i didnt tell you im a Lindsay Lohan fan then isnt it really? :shock:
Don't worry, many here really lobster-love Miss Lohan. Heck, we even have a whole thread devoted to that ol'gal! 8)

Ashlee Simpson, though, although not exactly great in my eyes, is certainly better than her sister Jessica. I'm shocked that I even dared to watch the all-new all-fun (read: abysmal) A Whole New World music video on the Aladdin DVD. :huh:
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Wonderlicious wrote:
*Andy* wrote:Good job i didnt tell you im a Lindsay Lohan fan then isnt it really? :shock:
Don't worry, many here really lobster-love Miss Lohan. Heck, we even have a whole thread devoted to that ol'gal! 8)

Ashlee Simpson, though, although not exactly great in my eyes, is certainly better than her sister Jessica. I'm shocked that I even dared to watch the all-new all-fun (read: abysmal) A Whole New World music video on the Aladdin DVD. :huh:
Oh wait i love Jess as well :lol:
I have Newlyweds Season 1 on dvd.......and already have Season 2&3 on order when its released June 7th :wink:

And where is the video on the Aladdin dvd? I can never seem to find anything on the dvd......havent found the proud of your boy song either :lol:
hiiiii
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

*Andy* wrote:And where is the video on the Aladdin dvd? I can never seem to find anything on the dvd......havent found the proud of your boy song either :lol:
If you click on the "music and more" bonus features on Disc 1, you'll see a list of options and you should find both the Whole New World video and Clay Aiken rendition of Proud of your boy. Personally, though, click on Disc 1's Deleted Scenes section if you want to hear POYB; the original demo to storyboard recording is much better.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Ok thanks, just putting the dvd in now! :D
hiiiii
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

When it comes to the pop singers like Britney, Ashlee, and whomever you're all thinking about- yeah, it's totally okay to like their songs / some of them. I really like "La La", it's the kind of song you find yourself humming all day. These sure aren't the kinds of artists to take seriously, but I'm also glad I have a copy of Britney Spears' debut album in my basic possession (it's basically being shared by a friend, they own it I don't) because I like "Born to Make You Happy".

I don't care about the pop artists, much. It's those little CREEPS the kids who make me mad about this whole thing. Wasn't one of the songs they sung for those CDs that f-ing Nickelback song... Oh, like I've said: EXECUTIONS for all the sons of B-words that had anything to do with the production and distribution of these CDs. At this rate, there'll be an E! True Hollywood Story: Kidz Bop before next year!
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

I, too, hate Kidz Bop with a fiery passion.

They ruined 'Bring Me to Life'! IDIOTS!
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

nachonaco wrote:I, too, hate Kidz Bop with a fiery passion.

They ruined 'Bring Me to Life'! IDIOTS!
That song was ruined before Kidz Bop ruined it. The record company ruined it by putting Paul McCoy's rapping garbage on the record, making Evanescence sound like some bad Linkin Park knockoff, the song wasnt even that good to start with, THEN they overplayed it.

....THEN Kidz Bop massacred it. :)
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

*Andy* wrote:Ok thanks, just putting the dvd in now! :D
poor andy.
that video made me dislike Jessica. :roll:
something wrong with her jaw? or whatever. :headshake:
i disliked this version very very much. :evil:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

RJKD23 wrote:
*Andy* wrote:Ok thanks, just putting the dvd in now! :D
poor andy.
Perhaps I shouldn't have explained the layout of the Aladdin DVD. :oops: :P
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Wonderlicious wrote:
RJKD23 wrote: poor andy.
Perhaps I shouldn't have explained the layout of the Aladdin DVD. :oops: :P
Well, at least it's better than Clay's take on Proud of Your Boy, but that's not saying much. :wink:

And to think Proud of Your Boy was my favorite Disney song years ago. . . :cry:
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Sunset Girl wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote: Perhaps I shouldn't have explained the layout of the Aladdin DVD. :oops: :P
Well, at least it's better than Clay's take on Proud of Your Boy, but that's not saying much. :wink:

And to think Proud of Your Boy was my favorite Disney song years ago. . . :cry:
It could be worse...

you could have to say that William Shatner recorded "Proud of Your Boy"

or you could be saying "And to think Clay Aiken was my favorite pop artist years ago :cry:"

:p
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Old guy here, Whats a Clay Aiken? Please compare to Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne or other artist Mr. Toad may have heard of.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

The lip-sync incident was awful...but I think it would have happened if she were singing anything else ("Autobiography", "La La," "Shadow" etc.). I don't know why I specifically like "Pieces of Me" especially since I don't like any of the songs I've heard her sing.
Mr. Toad wrote:Old guy here, Whats a Clay Aiken? Please compare to Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne or other artist Mr. Toad may have heard of.
Clay Aiken was this guy that almost won last season's American Idol. His song "Invisible" is on the "50 Worst Songs of All Time" list (though I like it. Heck, I like a lot of songs on that list)
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Well i watched it.
And.......it wasnt that bad. :lol:

It could of been better i admit. But i've seen worse.... :wink:
hiiiii
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Hmmm, there are a couple of songs like Sounds of Silence and Obladi that are excellent songs and a bunch of others that while they are not great dont belong anywhere neat the bottom either.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Like what?

I haven't seen it, but I've heard Jessica and Nick do the song and it sounds horrible!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

dident disney have a cd like this with kids singing poular pop/rock songs?
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

I think so. They at least have a CD with kids singing Disney songs. I think...
MissV327
Limited Issue

Post by MissV327 »

Kidz Bop is a disgrace to all true musicians everywhere. And what is with the Z at the end of Kidz? Are they trying so DESPERATELY to be cool? :lol: Don't they know it's obviously not working?
"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." - Michael Pritchard
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

chaychay102royal wrote:
Mr. Toad wrote:Old guy here, Whats a Clay Aiken? Please compare to Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne or other artist Mr. Toad may have heard of.
Clay Aiken was this guy that almost won last season's American Idol. His song "Invisible" is on the "50 Worst Songs of All Time" list (though I like it. Heck, I like a lot of songs on that list)
Wow, I think "Invisible" is one of his better songs. Where's this list at? I'd like to read it.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod