Ultimate Disney Movie Awards 2005 - AWARDS CEREMONY

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Great Job on everything, Jack! The ceremony was amazing! This was so much fun, thanks!
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

And a fine use of the table! :up:
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Great awards program! :D Even if the my favorites of the year weren't even nominated, I can still appreciate everyone's opinions. This is really a tight-knit forum to where we can all collaborate and create something fun. Of course, my props go to Jack and Luke for doing such a great job.

P.S. Hey Jack, how ironic is it that I hate The Passion of the Christ and I end up presenting it its only award?

P.P.S . Please have a foreign film category next year and/or art house film category. One category that I think is obvious for this site but we somehow all missed was BEST VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Also best animated character would be cool.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll definately consider them. I already have a few new catagories in mind for next year, but its too early to nail down anything.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

It was quite fun. :) Is there a Television awards version? I haven't been around long enough to know.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Wow- this was so much fun to read. I hate that I wasn't here to watch it come down live, but it still felt that way. Between Jack's nailing of an Academy tone and my playing "Hooray For Hollywood" while I read it, it felt like the real thing!

Very few of my picks won, but what's new? I wish Passion and HP would have racked up a lot more, and a Eternal and Phantom a lot less (ok, ok, I haven't seen the latter two). Still- great job, Jack, Luke, and all the other presenters!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I was asleep while this was all going on (different time zones, naturally), so I couldn't see this whilst it was going on. But anyway, I'm a little sad that Eternal didn't win Best Picture, but I'm also somewhat happy that The Incredibles won best picture, seeing as how many overlook animation a bit.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Some of the lost posts:
<hr>

Prince Adam
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:23 pm Post subject:

This has been great to read-so glad PHANTOM got some awards...and some good ones, too!

<hr>

Disney Guru
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:04 pm Post subject: Hi

Thanks for posting this. It was really fun.

<hr>

lord-of-sith
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:07 pm Post subject:

Great job Jack and Luke! This has been incurably fun, and to think the nominations started so long ago.And I'm with most of you (well, at least most of you who like anything besides TPOTO) that barely any of the ones I voted for are chosen. But, hey, it rarely happens. I think Harry Potter should have won more, Lemony Snicket should have won some of Phantom's art direction type awards, and just less Phantom all around (no offense to those who loved the film). It seemed like the academy awards last year with Return of the King, it took away alot of films glory (and no offense to anybody who loved Return of the King).

<hr>

Key
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:11 pm Post subject:

That was awesome, guys. Excellent work.

And yay for The Incredibles getting Best Picture, although I saw Eternal Sunshine after having already voted for TI. They're really quite on par in terms of excellent films of the year.

<hr>
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod