DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is a flip-side to another thread I posted here: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32664.

In this case, are there movies out there that is more or less disliked by others, but liked by you? Once again, remember, this is all personal opinion.

With that said, one movie I like, but others don't, is "1941". It's not that well-done, granted, and it's not entirely accurate, but I do like the setup of 1940s L.A., as well as a moment where Robert Stack goes to a movie theater that plays "Dumbo".

Anyway, that's just one example of mine. Do you have some of your own?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 am 
Platinum Edition

As far as Disney goes, The Black Cauldron, Dinosaur, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Treasure Planet. I know that these movies get poo-poo'd, but I always enjoy watching them. HotR & CL aren't my favorite Disney films by any means, but I think that they both have a lot of heart, and I think the humor in them (which I find funny) turns people off, since it's not the usual Disney humor.

It's not a hated movie, but a lot of people don't like Australia (Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman). I have always adored this movie- it always makes me cry. Drover and Sarah Ashley are a believable pair, and they become like a family, and they have an amazing adventure together, and it's obviously a beautiful movie. I just love it.

Pearl Harbor. So many people don't like this movie, but it is my favorite live-action, non-Disney-branded film. I love the love triangle, I like historical fiction anyway, it's exciting and romantic, and I just love it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Another one I like, or at least don't hate, is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Granted, it's not the best Indiana Jones movie ever (I'm torn between either "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade" there), but it's not the worst one, either. The worst, I think, is "Temple of Doom", which is just so dark and so gruesome, even for an Indy movie, not to mention full of characters with obnoxious voices.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Brilliant thread, OP! Oh, this is going to be very easy!

Bad Boys 2.
The Ice Age sequels (at least the second and third film)
The Cars triology.
The Legend of Tarzan (2016).
Tomb Raider (2018)
Rampage.
Dinosaur (2000).
Coyote Ugly

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:50 pm 

Brave
Cars 1 and 3
The Good Dinosaur
Home on the Range ? (okay, I don't love it, but never considered it such a terrible movie)
Tomb Raider
Warcraft
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Alice Through the Looking Glass (I agree the first movie is bad, but enjoyed this one)
Also, I enjoy DC movies far more than Marvel's...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Raf wrote:
Brave

I was going to put Brave on the list, but my impression is that it has it's slight fanbase, regardless of it's haters. And yes, Brave is flawed, but I overall liked the film, despite that it's faults are hampering.

Quote:
Home on the Range ? (okay, I don't love it, but never considered it such a terrible movie)

Agreed. I never went gaga for it, but I enjoyed it for what it was and thought it was good fun.

Quote:
Alice Through the Looking Glass (I agree the first movie is bad, but enjoyed this one)

Oh, I'm the opposite, I liked the first movie, but disliked the second one. And as with HOMR, I didn't exactly love the first movie, but I thought it was fine enough and didn't deserve the hate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I just saw "Show Dogs", and it wasn't really that bad.