How can DVDs work in Blu-Ray players?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re: How can DVDs work in Blu-Ray players?

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney Duster wrote:Big Disney Fan, only listen to what Escapay said about the technology of a DVD being able to be played in a Blu-ray player working for all regions. The rest of what he's saying is sarcastic which I'm not sure why he's doing when you have autism. He's basically saying you shouldn't have needed a video or a real life demonstration as proof, but you couldn't help wanting to see that proof.
Well, thanks. I just wanted proof. Given the region thing, I couldn't be too careful. If I shouldn't have needed a video or real-life demonstration for proof, though, how else was I supposed to know?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

If we had to apply the logic of this thread to real life, it might go something like this:

I don't have a life outside of the internet, but I'm thinking that one of these days, I will probably need to upgrade. But I'm not particularly eager to meet all of my online friends in person for the sake of building an offline reality. I'm told that you can meet forum members in real life. However, I have trouble believing that they are real people, as I have very little knowledge about the online world.

I showed some sample forum profiles to friends on Facebook as a test, but no one there was able to tell me if the forum members on here are real. I felt like I had no choice but to take this on faith. I also tried doing searches for this online, but all I got back were tidbits asking whether or not online personalities are real people, not HOW they could be real people. The bottom line is, I would like to have some proof that you people are real.

I do have a neighbor that's a member of another online forum, but I'm hesitant about asking how this works, not only because that means going into a house I almost have never been in, but also the threat of the computer being wrecked if for some reason real people jumped out of it.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad Big Disney Fan, but I do have a question for you. Why did you ask us here if DVDs could play in Blu-ray players if you needed a real life demonstration? Is it because you were asking for a video and the video didn't have the region you wanted?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney Duster wrote:I'm glad Big Disney Fan, but I do have a question for you. Why did you ask us here if DVDs could play in Blu-ray players if you needed a real life demonstration? Is it because you were asking for a video and the video didn't have the region you wanted?
Yes, it was. If it was a region 1 player, I would probably have been more satisfied early on.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, ok. Glad to know.