"The Voice - 2012" Official Discussion Thread.....

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

"The Voice - 2012" Official Discussion Thread.....

Post by dvdjunkie »

So, how many of you are watching "The Voice" this new season?

The same four coaches are back - Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, Christine Aguilera, and Blake Shelton - as is host Carson Daly.

Some changes this year include that each team will have 12 membvers, which mean we will have 48 talented singers vying for that Recording Contract and the votes of the American Viewers.

Monday night on NBC is where the new season can be found, and it leads right into "Smash", the new show starring Katherine McPhee.

"The Voice" is still in the 'Blind Audition' trials right now and there have been some very talented people for the coaches to choose from.

If you aren't watching yet, you should. The second season looks to be a lot better than the first.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I've been watching the blind auditions, and really enjoying them. I was glad to see the same coaches return, and so far it looks like it will be a good season.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

The "Blind" auditions are over and our coaches have their 12-man teams ready to begin the Battle Rounds next Monday night.

I think that Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton have the strongest teams at this point, but Adam and Christina could shake things up in the Battle Rounds.

We have 48 contestants which will be paired down to the Top 24 over the next two weeks, then the voting starts and a new "Voice" will be crowned.

I really like this show. In fact, I think it is better than "Idol" or "X-Factor", although I still think we are talking apples and oranges in comparing "Idol" to the "Voice".

"X-Factor" needs to get a new host, Steve Jones was the weak spot on the show, and now that both lady coaches have moved on, Simon needs to get a couple more judges before next season starts.

"The Voice" is such a good show, because we don't have to put up with idiots coming out thinking they can sing, because they have already rooted out all the 'junk' before the 'Blind Auditions'.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Anyone else watching this year's competition?

Tonight begins the "Battle Rounds" and for the four weeks we will have the teams paring down their teams from 12 to 6 before we go to the Live Shows.

Blake Shelton and Adam Levine look to have really strong teams this season, and Cee Lo Green looks to be the early favorite. Christina made some pretty lame choices this season and it will be interesting to see how her team does.

I am rooting for Cee Lo Green or Blake Shelton to win this thing this season.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Last night (Monday) was the first of the "Battle Rounds" for the 48 team members of Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton.

Each coach picked two people to sing the same song, and then one will be eliminated until we get down to a total of six team member for each coach. Then the live shows will begin.

Each coach has a really good set of coaches, Cee Lo Green has Baby Face and Ne-oh, Blake Shelton has Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert, and other coaches include Lionel Richie and Alanis Morrisette.

Last night we only got through six 'Battles', so it looks like the next four weeks are going to be the "Battle Rounds" and then the live shows will start.

I think this show is the perfect lead-in to my new favorite show on television "Smash" with Kathleen McPhee and Megan Hilty.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Eight more competitors were cut last night in the second week of "Battle Rounds", and it is looking like Cee Lo Green has some pretty strong singers.

I would rate Blake Shelton right up there with him, as his group stopped the show last night. Some very hard decisions were made.

Christina is still Christina, trying to make each girl just like her instead of trying to find that talent that will win the competition.

Just a couple more weeks and will be down to The Final 24 and the 'Live' shows will begin.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Last night we had six more people sent home as the next to last of the "Battle Rounds' took place. Next week will be the final 'Battle' and then in two weeks we start the live shows where we get to vote for our favorites.

Adam and Blake both have to fill two more spots on their teams and Cee Lo and Christina each have one space open.

Last night's show was amazing, and there were some great 'Battles' between teammates, and it was hard to pick one to send home, glad I am not one of the judges.

Great season so far.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Since it seems that I am the only one watching this show, I will let you know that beginning next week (Monday, April 2) the first two teams (12 competitors) will take the stage "Live" for your votes. On Tuesday, April 3, "The Voice" will be on at 9 pm/8 central with their first results show where the four lowest vote getters (two per team) will be sent home.

Looking at the teams, I think Cee Lo and Christina have the weakest teams while Adam and Blake have the strongest teams. Maybe next season they might get four new coaches for this show and we will see some better talent for two of the teams. I don't think Cee lo or Christina chose the correct people in the 'battle' rounds, but that's just me. We will see as it all comes together beginning this Monday night.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Tomorrow night begins the "Live" shows for "The Voice". Two teams of six will compete for your votes and then on Tuesday night the results will find two from each team sent home.

Let's all get behind this show and have some fun. Can Adam Levine's team win this all again? Personally I think not, but that is just me. I feel that Blake Shelton has the makings of the winning team.

Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera seemed to pick 'who they like' rather than who would be good for their team, and I think they have the weakest teams in the contest. However, we will see, as it all begins tomorrow (Monday, April 2) on NBC at 8 Eastern/7 Central time.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Anyone else watching "The Voice" this season? Last night's first 'Live' show was amazing. There were some really great vocals, some very weak ones, and some very bad song choices.

Blake Shelton's team and Christina Aguilera's team were the competitors in last nights show. All twelve artists took the stage, one at a time, and performed pretty good.

Tonight's Results Show is going to be a shocker as two member of each team will be sent home. Those with the lowest number of votes will not be around for the second round.

Next Monday Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green's teams will take the stage.

Speaking of Cee Lo, what was up with his hair (obviously a wig) and his facial hair. He looked like a High-Priced Pimp and you could hardly hear him speak when it was his turn. Hope that gets fixed before tonight's live show at 9 Eastern/8 Central time.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Since it seems I am the only UDer who is watching "The Voice", I will tell you that the format for the Results Show was exciting to see.

Blake Shelton's team and Christina Aguilera's team performed Monday night, and last night two member of each team were sent home.

The three lowest vote-getters were offered another chance at a reprieve by singing another song for their team captain, and then after all three performed, the team captain had to pick the one that was safe and the other two were sent packing.

It was only too obvious on Christina's team who was going to be safe after they each performed. Moses was a rapper, and since he also can sing, he chose to sing and that might have been his downfall. Sarah Hill was terrible to begin with, way back in the blind auditions. Ashely De La Rosa was the best pick for Christina, which she did.

Blake's three were a little tougher to chose from, and I think he made the right choice with Jordis Unca.

Next Monday night we get to see the teams of Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green perform for us 'Live' and then next Tuesday it will be results time once again.

I think this season, they have found some of the best singers out there, and unlike "Idol" or "X Factor" they are chosen in blind auditions and not based on how they look or how old they are.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Can't believe I am the only one excited about this year's edition of "The Voice".

Last night it was Team Cee-Lo and Team Adam's turns to show us what they have on the live show. Twelve participants performing for our votes, and three from each team will get through on votes, and three will sing for the fourth position.

If last week's results show was a sample of what it is going to be like for the judges, it will be pretty tough going tonight for Adam and Cee Lo.

Weakest performances last night were from Tony Lucca and Erin Martin. Both should be gone tonight for sure.

Results show is tonight and we will know who the four members of each team will be competing next week on "The Voice".

Incidentally, I think Carson Daly is the perfect host for this show. Like Nick Cannon on "America's Got Talent", he doesn't get in the way of the performances.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Cee Lo Green should be ashamed of himself and the example he sets for other people. Last night's show was a disgrace to "The Voice", and it all started on Monday night with his set-up of his team and the songs they would sing.

Tony Vincent is well-versed, established singer who was trying to step up to the forefront as a soloist, and had the voice and talent to do so. Why he chose Cee Lo is beyond anyone's guesses.

Cee Lo had him singing "Everyone Wants To Rule The World" and had it staged with him on a high podium above the audience and his band. He performed the song flawlessly, but the staging robbed him of any chance to show what he can do with a song.

Last night, he was in the bottom three and did a great version of "Sweet Dreams" but it was all for naught as Cheesa was set up to be the person chosen to be safe for another round.

I truly believe, and this is just my opinion, that Cee Lo Green wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and sat on his lap like that ugly cat he flaunts from time to time. Cee Lo is giving me the creeps this year with his antics and the way he avoids his team.

There are rumbles on the internet that NBC wants to replace Cee Lo Green and 'Miss Boobs-a-lot' Christina Aguilera for next season. That might be a welcome change because I think the winner this year will come from either Blake Shelton or Adam Levine's team.

The show next week again will feature on Monday night, two teams of quarter-finalists, with the results show on Tuesday.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Tonight on NBC, it's the edition of "The Voice". This week there are only four people on each team and we will get to vote for our favorites once again.

Let's hope that we do a better job than we did with "American Idol" last week. That was horrendous and could have turned out to be one of the worst weeks ever.

Blake and Adam look to have two very strong teams and Christina AKA 'Miss Boob-a-Lot' is probably the second weakest team with Cee Lo Green having the weakest team in the contest.

Be sure and watch, and most importantly, vote tonight for your favorite.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Blake's team did good this week. I did not like Christina's choice for instant elimination. Results tomorrow should be interesting.

I also agree that Cee Lo just doesn't seem to be involved as much this season. I liked him last year, but he has distanced himself. Not to mention the weird behavior the week he wore the wig, etc... That was just odd.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

"The Voice" was great last night until the final five minutes when Team Christina and Team Blake each had to cut one person from their team.

I totally agree with Blake Shelton cutting Jordis, but why did Christina cut Jesse Campbell, after praising him on how well he did with the Beyonce song "Halo"? Something isn't right with that.

Tonight we will see who we, as the voters, kept on each team for next week, and maybe some light will be shed on the coaches decisions.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

dvdjunkie wrote:Tonight we will see who we, as the voters, kept on each team for next week, and maybe some light will be shed on the coaches decisions.
Personally, I didn't like what he did with Halo, but you have to admit that he was much better than Lindsey and her version of Part of Me (which I've actually never heard of, either). I definitely would have cut Lindsey.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Amen to that!! Lindsay was probably the second worst vocalist on the stage last night, and Blake got rid of his with Jordis.

Tonight should be very interesting.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Lindsey is the money-maker though... as of right now, her performances have sold the most on iTunes. Can't get rid of her just yet.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Yep! And in second place right behind Lindsay was Jesse Campbell and 'Miss Boobs-a-lot' cut him last night. I hope tonight she is the one going home.

And I still think that Blake and Adam have the strongest teams overall. But we will see in a couple more weeks when the winner is announced.