The Smurfs 2 (August 2, 2013)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^So in other words, you made another attempt to dissect a popcorn movie.

When will people learn never to do that? :P
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

ajmrowland wrote:^So in other words, you made another attempt to dissect a popcorn movie.

When will people learn never to do that? :P
;) haha, so true...

well, it's all they're playing over here right now...but then...I don't really pay for it (got an unlimited card, can watch as many movies i want for 18 euro a month)....

tomorrow it's gonna be Final Destination 5, but now I'm going way off topic...;)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I'm so fucking jealous. America has nothing like that card.

Then again, our "great nation" is in the shitter and it aint coming out.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

@ enigmawing: The Astro-Smurf, that's one great comic! Still entertaining after more than 40 years. If I recall correctly, it was (co-)written by Gos (I don't know his real name, but he worked for the Spirou magazine, too). It's one of the original Peyo comics. I see on the cover that they changed the color of the Smurf in disguise, like they did in the Hannah/Barbera show. In the original comic, he´s brown, not green. This wasn´t a problem in Europe, especially not when the comic was first published. For obvious reasons, they changed it for the US publication.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Disney Geek wrote:Let's have a moment of silence for Cinema.
C'mon people, what's the big worry? We're all dead Dec 21, 2012!! 8)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Unless the Assassin's stop the Apocalypse :wink:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

According to the logo that has just surfaced, the sequel will be set in Paris, France.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

You shitting me?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Wouldn't Belgium be a more appropriate setting? And is this movie franchise going to involve them going to a new country in each new instalment? I'm still hoping they adapt "The Purple Smurfs" story, but I'm going to guess that won't even cross the producers' minds.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

estefan wrote:Wouldn't Belgium be a more appropriate setting? And is this movie franchise going to involve them going to a new country in each new instalment? I'm still hoping they adapt "The Purple Smurfs" story, but I'm going to guess that won't even cross the producers' minds.
You mean 'The Black Smurfs':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Schtroumpfs_noirs

:P
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Goliath wrote:I see on the cover that they changed the color of the Smurf in disguise, like they did in the Hannah/Barbera show. In the original comic, he´s brown, not green. This wasn´t a problem in Europe, especially not when the comic was first published. For obvious reasons, they changed it for the US publication.
I had a US graphic novel of the story as a kid in the 80's, and I'm pretty sure it had the original colors (they felt more orange than brown to me though). Which was confusing at the time since it didn't match the cartoon, which I thought was the original version the comic was based off of.

Give me a break, I was like five. :p
Goliath wrote:
estefan wrote:Wouldn't Belgium be a more appropriate setting? And is this movie franchise going to involve them going to a new country in each new instalment? I'm still hoping they adapt "The Purple Smurfs" story, but I'm going to guess that won't even cross the producers' minds.
You mean 'The Black Smurfs':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Schtroumpfs_noirs

:P
Reminds me of how they had to change Black Lady into Wicked Lady for the US version of Sailor Moon. :roll:

Anyway, the purple Smurfs totally freaked me out as a kid. :lol:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

<object width='400' height='224' id='flash18417' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000'><param name='movie' value='http://flash.sonypictures.com/video/uni ... ram><param name='allowFullscreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><param name='flashvars' value='clip=5582&feed=http%3A//www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/th ... ram><embed src='http://flash.sonypictures.com/video/uni ... Player.swf' width='400' height='224' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' flashvars='clip=5582&feed=http%3A//www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/thesmurfs2.xml' allowNetworking='all' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true'></embed></object>

If Doomsday happens on Friday, at least people will be spared to see this dribble. :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It looks as horrible as the first one. :headshake:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Holy CHRIST! This makes the first Smurfs look like Casablanca! FUCK THIS MOVIE!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

TheValentineBros wrote:FUCK THIS MOVIE!
I'd rather not :P

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I wish the wonderful Sony Pictures Animation artists and crew would be kept busy working on fully animated features and not these hybrid ones.

What I hate most is that the hybrid films "count" as SPA's yearly release.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Smurf Has Hit The Fan! 'The Smurfs 2' Embroiled In A $15 Million Lawsuit!
According to TMZ, this is exactly what happened to a construction worker who had an accident on the set of The Smurfs 2. Ryan Rodriguez will be suing Columbia Pictures, Sony Entertainment and famed New York toy store FAO Schwarz for $15 million after he fell from scaffolding while building a set inside the store. Rodriquez claims the toy store, which was being used as a filming location back in May 2010, had failed to provide a safe environment to work in. As a result of his injuries Rodriguez states he is now unable to return to his line of work, effectively ruining his life and leaving him feeling rather ‘blue’. Though a judge has yet to rule in the case.

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Don't know what's worse: the movie or the claim.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

I saw it when it hit the dollar theaters, I thought it was an okay film. Kind of cute, I am a huge fan of Jayma Mays (Thanks to GLEE love that show) thought it was cute seeing her in something different of course the ever amazing Neil Patrick Harris. Writing was cute great for the kids, and of course the legendary Jonathan Winters as the voice of Papa Smurf was a true treat. He is reprising the role in the 2nd one as well will be fun to see.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~