Which do you prefer: Back to the Future Part II or Part III?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.

Back to the Future Part II
45%
Back to the Future Part III
45%
I don't have a preference
9%

Total votes: 11

Tuppence A. Bag

Post by Tuppence A. Bag »

I prefer Part II because of the creativity and inventiveness. I know the film has its detractors, but it is my favorite sequel.
Feed the birds! Tuppence a bag!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Which do you prefer: Back to the Future Part II or Part

Post by milojthatch »

Part II has some fun moments, but I think I like Part III more for the simple reason that I love the Old West.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

I liked both of them, but if I had to choose, I would choose Part II. I just like how we get to see scenes from Part I from a different angle, which was interesting.

I never got tried of watching these movies, and memorized so many lines from them.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I love both for different reasons! I've got the trilogy on Blu-ray and occasionally run a marathon. I like part II because it gets a bit dark and goes against the materialistic theme of the original, plus it's cool to revisit the original timeline from a completely different angle.

What makes part III awesome is Doc. He sort of turns into a steampunk bad@ss and falls in love. Plus it includes one of my most favorite quotes of all time:

I pretty much memorized these movies years ago! I'll always love them. :)
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

I like Back to the Future II for exploring into the whole idea of the dangers of altering history, and having Doc Brown at one point in the movie illustrate it in a way that was so easy to understand, plus the movie's humorous depiction of 2015 (which by next year will probably make this sequel kind of dated, though still fun to watch just for how inaccurate it will be). The fact that they go to the future precisely in 2015 is really the only thing that I think keeps the entire trilogy from being as timeless as it should be. And as Bob Zemeckis would say, I love how they went back into the first movie and had new things going on within the events of the first movie. How cool is that?

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/