Raiders of the Lost Ark Special edition version

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Raiders of the Lost Ark Special edition version

Post by HarryCanyon »

Can you imagine if Lucas and Spielberg actually DONE a special edition version of Raiders for real back in the last decade? or did Spielberg changed his mind after seeing that South Park episode about it?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark Special edition version

Post by estefan »

I think the E.T. special edition might have also had an influence on why he won't re-touch one of his films again. He even says he prefers the original version of E.T., that he regrets ever doing the changes and it's why the Blu-Ray only contains the 1982 theatrical version.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

I'm glad Spielberg regret the 20th anniversary edition of ET as it didn't seem right but i'm glad he released his original version on BD and it looks stunning on HD.

Have you seen the South Park episode "Free Hat"? my favorite one as it has Lucas and Spielberg altering their movies.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

HarryCanyon wrote:Have you seen the South Park episode "Free Hat"? my favorite one as it has Lucas and Spielberg altering their movies.
I believe it was because of THAT episode, that they decided not to do a Special Edition of Raiders (at the time I believe, there were plans) and Trey and Matt received the nicest hate letter (their words) from Spielberg.