What Was the Last TV Show You Watched? Volume 2

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I watched the finale of Smallville tonight. good show, but they needed more lex and more suit.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Lazario wrote:Played a bit of a game since the entire series of Scrubs was added to Netflix: Watch Instant, I've been watching only the first 7-10 episodes of seasons 2, 3, and 4. Then, I realized that I knew the beginning of the first season much better than I knew the middle, so I went into the middle of season 1.
Finished season 1 - "My Way or the Highway," "My Sacrificial Clam," "My Occurence," "My Hero," and "My Last Day"

then hopped back into season 4 - "My Unicorn" (what is it about Matthew Perry?), "My Best Moment," "My Ocardial Infarction," "My Lucky Charm," "My Hypocritical Oath," "My Quarantine," "My Life in Four Cameras," "My Roommates," "My Best Laid Plans," "My Boss's Free Haircut," "My Lips Are Sealed," "My Big Move," "My Faith in Humanity," "My Drive-By," and "My Changing Ways"

Then I started season 5 - "My Intern's Eyes" and "My Rite of Passage"
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Finished season 1 of Rome on dvd. Like all good tv shows, I missed it when it was on, but finally got the dvd-set for a low price.

There's no regret in getting it; this is a fantastic show! At the end of the season, I had grown to love the characters so much, that I was actually standing in front of my tv on several occasions in exciting scenes, talking to myself, because I didn't want them to get killed off. A lot of them are, but that's just historical accuracy. I've never seen such a brilliant portrayal of ancient Rome. Much better than the clean Hollywoodization we usually see. It was very impressive. Whoever was is charge of casting has to be awarded. The cast was phenomenal. I especially liked Julius Ceasar and the two comrades Pullo and Vorenus. But all are very good, from Attia to Octavian to Marc Anthony.

And now I have a crush on Indira Varma. ;)

I just wish there were more shows as good as this. Leave it to HBO and the BBC to make good television.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Watched Season Finale of "Blue Bloods" on CBS. This Tom Selleck vehicle is a great show about a family that is involved in some form of law enforcement. Donnie Wahlberg (Mark's brother) plays Danny Reagan in the show and has been really terrific to watch. The show has been renewed for next season so I can't wait for September to come around.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Some more Nostalgia Critic. Since the guy is hit-or-miss with his humor, I had one major LOL moment during the Leprechaun review (and his co-host, The Cinema Snob, bashed Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead... heresy!). The IT review was a fairly big waste of time. He didn't say anything funny, it was too long, he played this stupid drinking game and acted drunk throughout 70% of it, and had no appreciation for how scary a lot of people think it is.

However, prior to that, I saw 2 FANTASTIC episodes. His Top 11 Underrated Nostalgic Classics, and better still, the Top 11 Mindf*ck Moments. His entire format for the episode was genius. From the trippy song to the "Number Banana, Love, Lamp," etc(.), instead of #11, 10, 9, to the clips he showed. I almost started tripping myself!
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I don't think I've watched much (if any) TV this year, it's been all movies.

However, I recently watched the first four "Road to..." movies with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour, so I decided to watch the 7? Family Guy "Road to..." episodes that were inspired by the movies.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

The Looney Tunes Show (2011).

I have mixed feelings about it, since this isn't the Looney Tunes I use to love.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Back on Arrested Development again. Not sure if I'm enjoying it more now and more the first time. I certainly like the characters a little better.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

The only TV show I have been watching almost religiously is South Park. An episode called 'AWESOM-O' I viewed rather recently, featuring Cartman in disguise as Japanese robot sent to Butters, was the kind of laugh-a-minute riot I haven't seen since The Naked Gun trilogy.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

"Burn Notice" and "Suits" got my attention this summer. "Burn Notice" is on summer hiatus, and "Suits" will be back next summer. "Leverage" is on their summer break and will return with five new episodes in November.

Have to wait until fall of 2012 before we get Season Six of "Army Wives", the best written show on television, bar none. If you aren't watching this show you are missing one of the better series on television.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Recently, I've watched Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Star Trek: Enterprise. I'm starting Season 4 now.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Sunday night I watched the Boardwalk Empire season two premier titled '21', it was fantastic and looks to be every bit as good as season one. Right after that I watched the latest episode of Breaking Bad titled 'Crawl Space' and it ended with what has to be the most intense 5 minutes of television history. Give Bryan Cranston his Emmy right now.

Onto a slightly lower note, I watched Terra Nova tonight and unfortunately it was as I expected, another soulless visual effects heavy production from Spielberg (with almost all the same faults that his crappy Falling Skies had).
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Terra Nova - I think it nuked the fridge.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Is anyone watching "Prime Suspect", the new NBC show with Maria Bello? The opening episode was really good, and if they can keep it up, then we might have a winner here.

Also really enjoyed "Person of Interest" with Michael Emmerson and Jim Caviezel on ABC. Very interesting premise for a series.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I finished Star Trek Enterprise Season 4 (and the series), now I'm going through the single season of Misfits of Science.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Last night I watched Episode 13 of Doctor Who Series 6 twice, and I enjoyed it both times immensely. I've described in detail what I loved about it in the Doctor Who Discussion thread started by me. Before that (also on Saturday), I watched Episode 1 of same show's Series 5, and I was entertained a lot more than when I first watched it.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Taking a really long time getting through season 3 of Frasier. I won't call it a great show or say that I'm addicted... yet, I can't stop watching. I mean, I know why I sat through all 8 seasons of Wings (Tim Daly). Frasier is actually funny. But I don't really care for the characters. Or that the show basically sympathizes with them instead of going the whole Seinfeld hog- which is what they usually deserve. They really should have made Daphne smarter. And, dang it, how could they sell off Mercedes Reuhl the way they did: as a giggly, crazy "cat lady"?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm on the final season of Six Feet Under. I kind of don't want it to end since I love the Fisher's, but it does end. Apparently, though, the series finale is one of the best final episodes of any TV series ever, so I at least have that to look forward to.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I've also decided to, for the first time, go through Will & Grace every season back to back (though, since I only have the first 4, I have to also stop at 4). I finished "Will on Ice" yesterday. After reading a review of the show a couple months ago, I'm starting to really like Grace a lot more. I've already seen Season 1 a couple of times already but now, I'm really starting to find her character and Debra Messing's performance funny. A particularly good episode for her in the first season is "Between a Rock and Harlan's Place."
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

I've been watching the X Factor recently. :oops: It's absolute shit of course - the judges are blithering half-wits, contestants are praised due to their history and/or looks rather than any inherent talent, and all in all it's an artifical yet unintentionally hilarious piece of TV.