What Was the Last TV Show You Watched? Volume 2

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: What Was the Last TV Show You Watched? Volume 2

Post by Avaitor »

[quote="BelleGirl"]
St Elsewhere: for those who don't know about this series:This was a a hospital drama of the 80's, long before E.R. Just like E.R. it was an early step in the career of a now famous actor: Denzel Washington. The series is now being rerun on Belgian TV in the late afternoon, just like Lou Grand, Charlies' Angels and other 'vintage' series./quote]
Do you mean Lou Grant? I've been wanting to see this show as I've been watching Mary Tyler Moore, since I really like the character. Hopefully I'll get to it at some point.

I also wanted to see St. Elsewhere. Sadly, only the first season is available on DVD here, and I don't believe it's airing anywhere.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Avaitor wrote:
BelleGirl wrote: St Elsewhere: for those who don't know about this series:This was a a hospital drama of the 80's, long before E.R. Just like E.R. it was an early step in the career of a now famous actor: Denzel Washington. The series is now being rerun on Belgian TV in the late afternoon, just like Lou Grand, Charlies' Angels and other 'vintage' series./quote]
Do you mean Lou Grant? I've been wanting to see this show as I've been watching Mary Tyler Moore, since I really like the character. Hopefully I'll get to it at some point.

I also wanted to see St. Elsewhere. Sadly, only the first season is available on DVD here, and I don't believe it's airing anywhere.
Yes, I meant Lou Grant, just misspelled it. Currently, St Elsewhere on Belgian TV is is still in it's first season. Have you also heard of the odd way the series ended:*spoiler*It turned out that the hospital and all the people involved only existed in the mind of the autistic boy Tommy Though I followed this series all through in the 80's, I missed that part on Dutch TV. (maybe they didn't broadcast it?) It can be found on Youtube though.

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Lately, I find myself watching Frasier again a lot, which I still think is the best sitcom ever made! I also rewatched some Boy Meets World episodes (following the announcement of the spin-off 'Girl Meets World') and while I'm not as enthusiastic about it anymore as I once was, I still consider it a very pleasant show.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Goliath wrote:Lately, I find myself watching Frasier again a lot, which I still think is the best sitcom ever made! I also rewatched some Boy Meets World episodes (following the announcement of the spin-off 'Girl Meets World') and while I'm not as enthusiastic about it anymore as I once was, I still consider it a very pleasant show.
Is Frasier still on Comedy Channel?

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

BelleGirl wrote:
Goliath wrote:Lately, I find myself watching Frasier again a lot, which I still think is the best sitcom ever made! I also rewatched some Boy Meets World episodes (following the announcement of the spin-off 'Girl Meets World') and while I'm not as enthusiastic about it anymore as I once was, I still consider it a very pleasant show.
Is Frasier still on Comedy Channel?
Only one more day. :P Tonight the last two episodes of season 9 will air. Beginning monday, it will be replaced by Two guys, a girl and a pizzaplace. All the good comedy shows are on CC Extra anyway.