What Was the Last TV Show You Watched? Volume 2

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: What Was the Last TV Show You Watched? Volume 2

Post by Avaitor »

Welp, I finished watching M*A*S*H all the way through, and now I'm finally starting Game of Thrones.

As much as I miss Hawkeye, Hot Lips, Potter and the gang, I think seeing Emilia Clarke naked more than makes up for it.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Last night watched "Chef Wanted With Anne Burrell". This season has been great so far. There have been lots of challenges for the chefs vying for the Executive Chef position in some of America's hottest restaurants.

Watch a lot of the shows on Food Network and HGTV. They are all really good compared to some of the crap that is on television these days.

Favorite shows on Television: "Army Wives", "Once Upon A Time", "NCIS", "NCIS: Los Angeles", "Person of Interest", "Criminal Minds", "CSI", "Blue Bloods" to just name a few. What are your favorite television shows currently on the many networks?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Yesterday evening I watched two full episodes of 'Golden Girls' on youtube. It was one of my favorite sitcoms from the 80's! And now I can watch the whole series again online for free!
:up:

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

dvdjunkie wrote:What are your favorite television shows currently on the many networks?
My favorite show, far and away is How I Met Your Mother. I have an unnatural love for that show.

Besides that, I especially fancy:

Archer
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Parks and Recreation
Louie
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Other shows I watch, but I'm not as big on as the above:

Community (loved the first 3 seasons, not caring for this one much at all)
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Gravity Falls
Bob's Burgers

And let's see where I put Game of Thrones on this list. :wink:
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

American Horror Story and Dexter are the only current shows I like. The next season of AHS is going to be about witches, ooh I cant wait!!! :) AHS Asylum needs to come out SOON so I can give my season 1 blu rays a break! ( not to mention I need my Evan Peters fix).
Hi, hi, hi, there.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

To answer DvdJunkie's question, these are my current favorite shows...

Archer
Bob's Burgers
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Gravity Falls
Parks & Recreation
Last edited by DVDBuff1 on Sun May 27, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Last Wednesday, I bought "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." on DVD, a western series starring "The Chin" himself, Bruce Campbell. I've watched 20 episodes out of 27 so far, and it’s safe to say that I’m hooked. I like the added sci-fi elements like introducing technology to the late 1800s that won’t be invented till after long time like rockets & motorcycles. The time travel stuff in the main story arc is the only thing I find confusing in the series. Oh well, I love the comical western violence and the amusing performances from the late Julius Carry and John Astin. The guest star performances from R. Lee Ermey, James Hong, Jason Marsden and Tony Jay (to name a few) were also great. To quote another BC character, this show’s pretty “Groovy”.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I watched the final episode of 'Dexter' season 7. The next season will be the last I've heard. Wonder how it will end: will Dexter ultimately be exposed to the rest of Miami as the serial killer he is?

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Got in "Monkees" mood today and have watched the first 10 episodes of Season One of "The Monkees", which I own all two and a half seasons. There are a total of 58 episodes and then I have a whole lot of specials that I recorded and added to my "Monkees" collection, like episodes from "Boy Meets World" and other television shows where one or more of The Monkees made an appearance.

I was given this box set as a gift almost 15 years ago, and all the DVD covers are really well done. Each disc comes with two discs with 8 episodes on each disc. Some are complete with commercials, which are done by The Monkees. Included in the first season are the official screen tests of The Monkees members, Mike Nesmith, Davey Jones, Mickey Dolenz, and Peter Thorkelson (better known as Peter Tork). The extended pilot episode is also on Disc One, as a Special feature.

The last disc of the set also includes The Monkees NBC television special called "33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee". So I will probably spend most of this weekend watching The Monkees from the beginning to the very end.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

I just finished watching the 6th season of Burn Notice. And just read a few days ago, that this upcoming season will be the last. Good thing too, because I thought it was just starting to feel cliched. But still, it had a nice run!

I am finally getting around to watching the last few episodes of the 4th season of Justified. A well-written show with interesting characters. This show always find ways to get rotten dirtbags that I end up enjoy watching.

And just started with the current seasons of both NCIS shows.

With past shows, I have been going through some of the Disney Afternoon shows. Currently going through Volume 1 of Darkwing Duck and Volume 2 of TaleSpin.

I watch a butt-load of current TV shows. But these are the ones that I keep up with, week-to-week...

The Amazing Race
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League
Teen Wolf
Suits
Treme
Nashville
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Watched the entire first seasons of Beep and The Newsroom on HBO GO a couple weeks ago.

Veep is pretty funny, but the Newsroom is much better imho.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

"Batman: The Animated Series" episode, "Read My Lips" - a good, underrated episode where Batman faces the Ventriloquist and the dummy Scarface.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Two episodes of 'Dallas' (the next generation). As a kid me and my family used to watch the original 'Dallas' religiously for a long time, until the writers ran out of good ideas and the story became more and more silly. Just wanted to know who killed JR. Bit of nostalgia for me seeing all those familiar characters again. But I don't think I will follow the series through. It's an endless parade of revenge, greediness, treachery, lies, deceit etc. and I've seen too much of that already in the 80's.
But I suppose there's a whole generation out there for whom this is all 'new'? Wonder if this will set a trend: perhaps a follow-up to 'Dynasty'?

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Been watching the reboot of Whose Line Is It Anyway. Those guys haven't skipped a beat!
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Doctor Who: the 2005 series with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper, which I've reviewed on the Doctor Who Discussion thread.

Also: Bob and Rose, a six-part drama from 2001, written by Russell T Davies, about a gay man...who falls in love with a woman. It's terrific.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Grimm: Season 1 Episode 5: I now have a new TV show of interest that isn't animated that's fun. I especially like the clock maker who’s a werewolf.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm finishing up the last season of Once Upon a Time and I just began watching The Twilight Zone for the first time.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Friday I watched the pilot for NBC's Dracula. While not the best portrayal, Jonathan Rhys Meyers does deliver an interesting take on the legendary vampire. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

The Good Wife - a new season began last week on Dutch TV.

Also like to mention :
The Twilight Zone seasons 3, episode 3, on dvd.

St Elsewhere: for those who don't know about this series:This was a a hospital drama of the 80's, long before E.R. Just like E.R. it was an early step in the career of a now famous actor: Denzel Washington. The series is now being rerun on Belgian TV in the late afternoon, just like Lou Grand, Charlies' Angels and other 'vintage' series.

Also currently watching the second season of "Once Upon a Time".

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Season Four of The Walking Dead is underway and after the first three episodes I am really hooked for the rest of the season. I have been wondering how far they could take this, and, so far, they haven't let us fans down one bit. The cast is first rate and the special effects for a television show are really spot-on.

Also watch "Talking Dead", the hour-long discussion show that follows "Walking Dead" on AMC. Some really good behind-the-scenes stuff and they always have a screwy question of the night regarding something happened on that particular episode.

Definitely the best two hours of television on a Sunday night that a lot of people DVR to watch later in the evening, or the next day.