universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

PixarFan2006 wrote:The Simpsons
Episode: A Tale of Two Springfields
Which season is that again?
Tyler342814

Post by Tyler342814 »

The Nanny. I just started watching this this year when they put it on nick at nite...

It's a really good show. Never thought I would enjoy such an old comedy.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I just watched a few episodes from Season 3 of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch". :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I watched a lot of Law and Order: SVU and How I Met Your Mother today. We just got new season sets of both.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

More Coupling, a re-watching of some Chef!, more The Nanny, a few more The Jeffersons.

And a couple George Lopez's last night. And then I bounced back between Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Married with Children.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm watching Miley on the Today Show! <3 her!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Re-watched a few Keeping Up Appearences and an episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody - just because the hot guy from Caroline in the City was guest-starring on it. That show is downright embarrassing as comedy. I was equally shamed through an episode of That's So Raven - I definitely spoke too soon with that show, last year.

And, of course: yet more Scrubs.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Show: Mr. Bean (From The Whole Bean DVD box set)
Episode: The Return of Mr. Bean
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Nick Bryant wrote:
PixarFan2006 wrote:The Simpsons
Episode: A Tale of Two Springfields
Which season is that again?
It's from season twelve.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

A few Couplings. "Bed Time," "Circus of the Epidurals," "Gotcha," and "My Dinner in Hell."
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Watched King of the Hill before I went to bed last night.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Finished Coupling's 4th season again.

And watched 2 episodes of Fawlty Towers ("Gourmet Night" and "The Anniversary").
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I'm on a serious Vampire kick right now! I got around to watching <i>Vampire Diaries</i> on my DVR last night, which I loved. And after that, my roomie wanted me to watch his <i>True Blood</i> DVD, which I loved even more. I can't wait to get further into both series.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The West Wing, Season 1, Episode 12

Can't we elect Jed Bartlet as president in 2012? :wink:
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I've been actually making sure I don't miss a single day- Comedy Central is showing all the Season 8 episodes of Scrubs this week. So, I've been watching that pretty much.

I've seen the first 8 so far.
Tyler342814

Post by Tyler342814 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:I watched a lot of Law and Order: SVU and How I Met Your Mother today. We just got new season sets of both.
How I met your Mother is a great show. Just started getting into it a coule weeks ago.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Image Image

<center>- - - - -</center>

Season 2, Episode #6: "The Thing from the Grave"
-
Let's face it... some of these ep's are just dumb dumb dumb. Teri Hatcher plays a buxom hottie exotic swimsuit photo-shoot sorta-high-class supermodel, and like the old cliche- they all have bad boyfriends who treat them rotten. And this guy is a real cad. He rapes, murders, manipulates, treats everyone he comes across like the stuff he picks up on his shoes. Oh, and of course the cute photographer guy makes a very lowkey move on her and because he was so lowkey about it, she's putty in his hands. Highly ridiculous in the world we live in. But in the threadbare world of Tales from the Crypt, what's most important is the novelty and the successful execution of the idea. We successfully get at least one person we don't want to see die - and they don't. We get pretty good monster FX and a little good gore (although it's a little dark to see it).

Season 6, Episode #3: "Whirlpool"
-
I usually enjoy Mick Garris, he's often a bit underrated. But the general consensus of "this episode is weak" is understandable. It's basically Groundhog Day but with a murder being repeated over and over again. Which is fine. There's a lot they can do with this idea. They just...don't. It's not scary or tense, it's not funny or dark, it's not dangerous or particularly mean-spirted. It just shows you someone getting hastily shot and the cops show up and Rita Rudner (who I freaking love, by the way- she's hilarious... when she's doing stand-up) screams in slow-mo. 3 times. And, you'd expect Rita Rudner to be funny when someone casts her, right? She doesn't even do her brilliant deadpan thing here. No sarcasm. No bite. Just an accent. And a "walk all over on me, I won't mind" attitude. That's it.

Season 6, Episode #7: "The Pit"
-
Amazing idea... Like The Running Man, from the beginning you know the focus is going to be on the viciousness of the people behind the scenes. Or, No Holds Barred, only where the managers are tougher than the fighters. I was really excited to see this, and hey- throw in cheeseball king Wayne Newton, and you've got a sure-fire winner, right? Wrong. Right off the bat, we're treated to that terrible direct-to-video aesthetic of that endless parade of martial arts movies on HBO, Cinemax (take your pick, they were everywhere). The actors playing the fighters have no charsima, there's too much focus on the glitz and flash of the bad, cheapo early 90's TV studio sets (which we saw plenty of in dismal 80's with Running Man), and... Debbe Dunning. Do I have to say: no serious director hires her for any ambitious project? With a resume including Leprechaun 4: In Space and, of course being the replacement for Pamela Anderson on Home Improvement. She's just plain grating on the nerves. And I hate to say it but if it's true, I gotta... If an "actress" like that is hired for one thing (to show off her huge tits) and she doesn't do it- why hire her? I won't say the twist ending was obvious, but it felt way too tired and- is that all?!

Season 6, Episode #8: "The Assassin"
-
A-ha... Now this is Tales from the Crypt at its' finest. It could always have more to it. They all could. But- this one is real smart, constantly twisting, with an end both wonderfully tongue-in-cheek and pitched black as can-be, a great set-up, a satisfying and shocking and fun follow-through. It makes the most out of its' entire concept. And it's very well-cast. Including: Chelsea Field (Dust Devil), Shelley Hack (Troll), and Corey Feldman (The Lost Boys).

Season 7, Episode #13: "The Third Pig"
-
This has got to be the worst episode of Tales from the Crypt ever, without exception. They take what is one of the creepiest fairy tales around and... turn it into Ren & Stimpy! Remember Cool World? That was smarter and scarier than this episode. It almost starts to get better after Drinky and Smoky are finally dead (and after the unfunny "trial" scene)... but the profoundly, wretchedly wrong twist ending sinks this so far down, we're below the bottom of the barrel. If it weren't for the scene of The Wolf talking to the bunnies- this would be pure crap.
Last edited by Lazario on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

My work's tv was on Showbiz Tonight. I watched that while I was on my lunch break.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Laz, just wondering where you got the star ratings, and could I please use them? :P

Supernatural 1x05 "Bloody Mary" - The beginning felt like a horror movie. Sleepover, they play truth or dare, girl gets dared to do the Bloody Mary spiel... only it's real, because Mary Worthington was murdered in their town. Sam and Dean, of couse, are on it in a heartbeat, for they are demon-hunters. The special effects felt like that of The Ring or The Grudge. All in all, a creepy, atmospheric episode, although it focused too much on the scares, and less on the plot.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

PeterPanfan wrote:Laz, just wondering where you got the star ratings, and could I please use them? :P
You sure may.

And I Googled around looking for them. Found them back about 2 years ago. Google gave 'em to me. :D
4 Disney Atmosphere Images