"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

For those who don't know, the songs appear on itunes the tuesday before each episode :) So Kristin's songs are already on there for sale. Oh, and they are amazing!

The only thing that bugs me about this show is the TERRIBLE lipsyncing!!! It puts HSM 1 and 2 to shame! :lol: Even Kristin's parts! I'm assuming most of the studio recording was done after filming...? Since the show might have been low budget when they were shot? I donno.... :roll:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I loved Kristin and Lea's version of Maybe This Time. And also glad to see Rachel's finally back in Glee club.

Kristin was also hilarious as a drunken slut. :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Poody wrote:I'm assuming most of the studio recording was done after filming...? Since the show might have been low budget when they were shot? I donno.... :roll:
Studio recording is pretty much always done before filming. It's a very rare day when someone will sing live on set, and it's nearly never done when a recording is made after the fact. Whether the bad lip-syncing is due to the actors being off or a problem in post is debatable.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Kristin Chenoweth is simply amazing! I was really hoping for a scene between her and Jane Lynch (who was only in one scene this episode?), but they really showcased Kristin, which pleased me. Anytime she opens her mouth to sing, it's like the heavens come out!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Even though I don't particularly understand the obsession with Chenowith, I enjoyed her cameo last week and wouldn't mind if she became a recurring character. Unfortunately, the only song I really enjoyed that episode was her "Maybe This Time." Didn't care for the rest.

Can't wait to see the wife become the school nurse. And I really want to see what happens with the Quinn-baby storyline, when her boyfriend realizes she slept with his best friend (who actually has a likability/depth to him, surprisingly).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm super psyched about tomorrow's episode. Have you looked at the song mash ups?

Halo/Walking On Sunshine - Girls
It's My Life/Confessions, Part II - Boys
Keep Holding On - I think this is all of New Directions

I've listened to a bit of everything (except Keep Holding On) and they both sound marvelous. I can't wait for tomorrow; it makes my Wednesday's special (as does Skyline Chili, but I doubt if anyone on here knows what that is).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I've already seen a few sneak peeks of tomorrow's episode and they were awesome, especially the It's my life part, just wow.
And a very sweet scene between Emma and Will.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:(as does Skyline Chili, but I doubt if anyone on here knows what that is).
I've only had it like twice, but it was SOOOOO GOOD! Jealous you actually live near one!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Glee starts in about five minutes! I hope everyone will be watching!

Songs featured tonight are:

Keep Holding On
It's My Life
Halo
No Air
Confessions, Pt. II
Walking on Sunshine

:D :party:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So, some of my favorite parts of the night:

Kurt heading over to the girls group... hahaha. totally something I would have done. I hate being in groups with stupid boys. But there is less drama than working with girls. Plus, boys are cute.

"Here I am, almost 30" :lol: All of Sue's journal entry was hilarious!

The boys mash up was great! The girls was cute, but I think I liked the boys better.

Terri vs. Emma... OH SNAP!

Emma and Will need to at least kiss already!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I loved tonight's episode! While it wasn't as great as last week's, it's probably second best! :D
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Yesterday's episode was great. Sue is one hilarious cookie and I crack up every single time she's on screen. I liked both mashups equally; I wouldn't have put either song with each other, but they work great together. I can't wait for next week!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I’m really starting to love this show. It’s the only thing on TV I look forward to during the week. I already know I’m buying the CDs and the DVD for this.

My favorite of the night was the girl’s song—I had to go download that. And am I the only one who noticed how pretty Tina was during that song? I really hope she gets a storyline soon. As for the boys, I don’t think “It’s My Life” and “My Confessions” mixed that well.

And Sue’s “Dear Journal” monologue was hilarious. I would’ve laughed when she tripped the nurse too, except that looked like it really hurt.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

omg sometimes sue's character makes me hate her, but at the same time scenes like the diary one kill me. I want to hope that becomes a regular thing she does, but at the same time after a while it might get lame.

I liked both mash ups. At times they both seemed a little awkward as far a rhythm goes, but over thought they were both great.

I love the fact that all of this is basically about show choir, and that was my passion while I was in high school. I miss it sooooooo much.

Overall this episode made my heart hurt. I just want Emma to go crazy on Terri, and I can't imagine how long Will can seriously fall for Terri's preggers act. He's not an idiot, and the character seems to be getting really upset with her. I just want him to find out soon, but I think it's obvious they will save this for the season finale.

The best thing about this show is that although this is basically a musical comedy show, the characters feel so natural and realistic. It seriously is one of the best shows on television.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

What a great episode. Plot development, character development and great songs, simply the perfect mix.
As I guess everybody else did I loved Sue's monologue and Emmy vs. Terri was amazing, although I was literally screaming at my TV when Emmy said that she would marry Ken :o
That last longing look between Emma and Will was heartbreaking and I do hope the whole fake pregnancy thing goes up in smoke soon.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

How awesome would it be if Idina Menzel guest-starred as Rachel's mom?! It would be the perfect guest spot! It would explain why she's so talented, and she lives with her dads so there's no need to explain why the mom is never seen around!

IDINA! GO TO GLEE!!!

I love Siren!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I doubt we'll be able to see Idina on GLee anytime soon, since she just had a baby a few months ago, and I guess she is taking some time off from her career.
However, I do like the idea to have her on the show a lot. And I want Neil Patrick Harris doing a guest appearance too.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

xxhplinkxx wrote:How awesome would it be if Idina Menzel guest-starred as Rachel's mom?! It would be the perfect guest spot! It would explain why she's so talented, and she lives with her dads so there's no need to explain why the mom is never seen around!

IDINA! GO TO GLEE!!!
A friend of mine mentioned this to them at comic-con... Lea laughed when she mentioned Idina... :lol:
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

According to iTunes, the Glee CD will tack on "I Say A Little Prayer" to the track list; I'm excited to hear this one in its entirety. Can't wait!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Glee wasn't as good as last week, but it was still great! Looking forward to next week!