"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Yeah, all network shows with long seasons go through this. I don't mind the winter breaks so much because nothing is ever on. It's the weird two or three weeks off in the middle of March and the like that bug me.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

magicalwands wrote:
Chernabog_Rocks wrote:Is the show on a break again? I've only been seeing reruns for Season 2 on lately =/ Not really a fan of how they start the season, stop, start again and then stop again.
Are all TV shows like that though? Modern Family does it too. I wouldn't know because I'm so used to Disney Channel shows' schedules. :P

I'm honestly not too sure, the only shows I actively try to watch are Glee, Dancing With the Stars and Big Brother. I generally wind up watching shows that I own on dvd instead. :)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Glee is on break until Jan 17th.

I hate all these mid-season breaks. Grey's Anatomy is on one too... for like 2 months. Seriously, the last episode was November 10th. That is a load of crap, and I'm seriously considering not watching the rest of the season whenever it starts up again because I think it's bullshit to take THAT long of a break after only 9 episodes into the season.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Most long-running shows do that, unfortunately. I know Desperate Housewives has suffered most of its ratings losses because of the delays during the spring season. On for two weeks, off for two weeks, on for 1 week, off for three, finale. :lol: It's hard to create suspense and maintain audience attention that way, and it becomes worse for shows that have been on multiple seasons. That's why every show that started in 2004 is dropping down to same ratings level that DH now is; it happens to all shows.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Glee spin-off no-go, graduating characters return next season
msn.com wrote:FOX president Kevin Reilly says that the proposed "Glee" spin-off -- which likely would've followed Lea Michele and Chris Colfer's characters graduate McKinley High and try to make it in New York City -- is officially not happening, says FOX president Kevin Reilly.

But that doesn't mean graduating seniors like Michele's Rachel Berry won't be back: Reilly confirms that although her character is graduating, she will be staying on the show. "We are graduating the characters," he says. "Ryan and the guys have come up with a really cool idea. There will not be a 'Glee' spinoff, but I think it will be something cool."

So, there you go: Although the current New Directions seniors are still graduating, they will not be leaving on the show. Want any more details? Too bad. "That's all I can say about it now," Reilly says. "No spin-off, characters graduating, cool season next year."

Any ideas on this "really cool idea"? We honestly can't begin to dream of what they're contemplating.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=694127

What I think this really means-- they keep Michele and Colfer (and whomever else they want) chained to the show for one more year, while they make preparations for a spin-off the following television season.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

It could be possible that Rachel and Kurt take over as New Directions coaches while Will takes more of a backseat as the sponsor from the faculty? I imagine that would be a good use of the two characters since it would still give them chances to perform.

That's the only thing I can really think of at the moment for what they would be doing.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Honestly, they need to move on.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Like Rachel would actually give up on New York. I hope they don't have Rachel stay, given the fact that they put little effort in characters actually staying in character, I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed in Lima (much like Sharpay in High School Musical).
Disney's Divinity

Maybe they don't get accepted at the school they're applying for and coach New Directions in order to put more on their resume?
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

But they can at least go to a college, even if it is one they dont want. I wouldn't want them back at the high school, coaching or not. That's just embarrassing and would be such a let down for me. Rachel and Kurt are smart. Still being with New Directions after graduation would be a downgrade in my opinion.

Honestly, Glee should have went the Degrassi route and made 1 whole season a semester. That's how Degrassi kept both its 2007 and 2008 seniors longer.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

So, I just watched this week's episode and I thought it was kind of "meh." My favorite parts were Dame Helen Mirren's voice-overs.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I really liked this episode, I thought it to be one of the better from this season. What I hate MOST about it was Finn's proposal. I mean, it was soooo cliche' and absolutely the last thing I wanted to happen with these characters. They're probably going to break up again because of the stress and that will drive the rest of the season, which is all rehashed crap.

As for what Rachel and Kurt might be doing next season, they could just be sticking around to be with their boyfriends. They can do community theatre, offer voice lessons to the students, be assistant directors, and blah blah blah. I don't love the idea, but it's not like people don't do that in real life.

I was really looking to all of these characters leaving the show because I feel like the show needs them to. It needs to introduce a lot more new characters to take over the group so that the show still feels fresh. It could even tread similar story lines but they would feel new because it'd be new people. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

I just wanted the show to be more about Rachel, but it really makes no sense at all to stay at McKinley! She would so start auditioning in Broadway as soon as she left high school, she's that determined. Continuity and characters staying on character are so messy!

Anyway, I feel like Glee is finally getting to what it's supposed to be. For a while there it was just bout starting shipping wars and fangirling over Klaine. They're finally doing a good variety of top radio and show tunes that go with the plot and not the other way around. The whole Emma/Schuster moment was a little out of place but at least it was different. But the Finchel thing! That's just a little too redundant.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Ah, I've been enjoying these latest episodes since the break. Yeah, there's some spotty moments, but overall, this season has been shaping up to be wonderful. I just had to comment on Rachel's NYADA audition, though. It was heartbreaking. We've seen Lea cry so often on this show, every other episode almost, but this time, I dunno, there was something different. It was a powerful moment. It would be a nightmare for any performer.

I'm afraid Beiste's marital abuse comes across a little bit as a "let's get her a Emmy nom" storyline. Just out of left field. That's probably the only sour note I had about the episode. Oh, and..

...That version of The Rain in Spain. Well. Okay.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

I haven't really been overly wowed by the latest episodes since they came back from hiatus.

I was super disappointed with how they used "Fighter" and "Cell Block Tango." With Cell Block they could have gone all out with the girls they picked and had the Cheerios in there dancing like at the end. Instead we just got a rather 'meh' version of the song.

Also. Music of the Night. It was just so cringe-worthy I could barely sit through it. A waste of the song =/

I do agree on the Rain in Spain. That was just so.....stupid.

There have been highlights though. I loved seeing Whoopi guest star and look forward to seeing her again. I enjoyed "So Emotional" and "How Will I Know?" from the Whitney episode.

I'm rather iffy on the next episode as far as song selection goes. Just have to wait and see though.
Disney's Divinity

I enjoyed the Whitney episode for the most part, especially Blaine’s “It’s Not Right, but It’s Okay” and Brittany’s “So Emotional.” “How Will I Know” is probably my favorite Whitney song, and I wasn’t crazy about the way they did it though it wasn’t “bad.”

Didn’t care for the SNFever episode.

This last episode was pretty good; although I know the disappointments for Rachel and Puck are just ways to logically keep characters recurring through season 4, they actually left an impact on me. I did cry for Rachel when she begged for another chance, and the scenes with Bieste. Michele’s cover of Kelly Clarkson’s “Cry” was pretty good, but it could’ve been more emotional (I’m biased though). It is the best Clarkson cover the show’s done.

I heard that Whoopi Goldberg’s supposed to cameo two more times on the show this season. Also, I’m looking forward to how they do Gaga’s “The Edge of Glory”--I’m not sure what episode that’ll be in, but it’s on the track list for the graduation album.
Chernabog_Rocks wrote: Also. Music of the Night. It was just so cringe-worthy I could barely sit through it. A waste of the song =/
That was my reaction, too. Same with "I Have Nothing" the week before. I agree with you that I was a little disappointed with how "Fighter" turned out, too.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Saturday Night Glee-ver. I loved the Whitney tribute, though- especially "It's Not Right, But it's Okay." I had never heard that song before and I absolutely loved it.

I didn't have a problem with "Music of the Night." I mean, I just thought it was funny. Especially Tina in her Christine wig. I have always wanted to see Glee do a POTO Halloween episode. Or Sweeney Todd.
Disney's Divinity

No comments on the finale? :) I was kind of shocked that Kurt didn't make it into NYADA, considering Whoopi's character loved him for being a "risk taker." Plus, I thought it would be amazing to have Kurt and Rachel together in New York.

Finn and Rachel's breakup was very emotional--and I was glad Finn didn't want to keep Rachel in McKinley. I started crying when he ran after the train, as cliche as that is.

Anyway, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson are said to be joining Glee next year. I don't really like Kate Hudson (much prefer her mother, Goldie Hawn), but Parker'll probably be fun. :)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I was surprised at that, but not at finn not getting in.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I was kind of disappointed in the finale. For one thing, I expected all the songs on the Graduation Album to be performed (I was really looking forward to seeing I Was Here and Good Riddance). I also kind of figured that more than three or four of the kids would say they would leave Ohio (what's with Santana and Kurt staying in Lima? That didn't make sense to me). I thought Kurt and Finn would have gotten into their schools, but they didn't; I was very happy that Rachel got in though because if anyone deserved it, it was her. I liked the Finchel breakup because if that didn't happen there would be no way Rachel would leave, but Finn going to the army seemed kind of weird; even though he talked about it at the beginning of the season, that idea just kind of went by the wayside and bringing it back in the finale didn't make sense to me since he hadn't talked about it in forever. I don't know. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. I am really curious about how they'll keep all of the kids in the show because apparently none of them are leaving even though they won't be in Lima (well, some of them, at least).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/