"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I guess I'm the only one here who still watches this show. :P

I adored the "makover" scene set to "The Way You Look Tonight / You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile". Easily one of my favourite moments in the whole series and a good reminder for why I still bother with it.

I'm really into the NYC stuff as it gives the characters something new to work with, but that just means when they go back to the high school (with new characters I don't care for) it can drag.

At least we got to see more of Sam shirtless.
Last edited by Flanger-Hanger on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well, I cant say I dont watch the show; just not usually during airings. :P
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I still watch the show. I am surprised that the show is pretty good this year (so far). I kind of expected this season to be a trainwreck with the back and forth between Ohio and NY. Don't know if it's about to get worse now that Finn's back though. :lol:

But, yeah, some of the Ohio scenes can drag. I didn't realize how weak some of the leftover characters are when they're front and center. Blaine/Criss, Tina and Sam are the only ones I like, tbh. I'm also surprised that I like Unique; I thought he would be really awkward, but he plays the diva role better than Mercedes did. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

So far I've only seen the first two episodes (they now air Glee at the same time as The Office and I would much rather watch The Office, and I have nothing to record it with so I have to wait eight days to see Glee on Hulu) but I like what I've seen so far. I thought I wasn't going to like it at first, but basically because I assumed Lea Michele wasn't going to be on anymore, but I'm glad she is.

Also I'm glad Brittany is still in high school, she's my favorite character :P
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I have only been watching this season due to Kate Hudson lol. :lol: :D

Never watched the past 3 seasons. this show kinda annoys me. :roll:
Disney's Divinity

The bottom has really fell out of this show. All the new characters are annoying or just re-treads, the music is mostly bad (that Grease episode was all kinds of painful), and most of the storylines I’m actually interested in (Rachel/Kurt) seem aimless. I will say that Kate Hudson has been better than I expected. SJP could be better, but I don’t think they gave her a great role. I hate the new guy Rachel has following her around, although I don’t like Finn either. And I’ve lost interest in Kurt/Blaine; they just don’t have much chemistry, although I do like the characters by themselves.

I hate to be cruel for the people who still enjoy the show, but I’m really hoping the show ends after this season. I still watch it, but it's very casual for me these days.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I hate to be cruel for the people who still enjoy the show, but I’m really hoping the show ends after this season. I still watch it, but it's very casual for me these days.
Given they've had multiple record-low ratings for the show already this season I think the end will be near. I agree with a lot of your points, but I think I still like the show a bit better than you.

I still stand by the comment I've made before. They don't have enough content to justify having 22 hour long episodes a season. That's why the show's now stuck with repeated ideas and aimless plot points to pad out the run time.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I've actually enjoyed this season so far... it's not as good as the first three but not as bad as I thought it was going to be! (Mainly because the original cast is still around for the most part... I didn't want to watch Glee if Lea Michele wasn't going to be one lol).

I'll admit some of the new characters are kind of lame (like "New Puck" and "New Quinn"... I can't stand her). I like Ryder (even though he's pretty much "new Finn" it would seem).

And I absolutely adore Marley! She's just so cute and nice lol. She seems different enough to not be "New Rachel".
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Disney's Divinity

Flanger-Hanger wrote:I still stand by the comment I've made before. They don't have enough content to justify having 22 hour long episodes a season. That's why the show's now stuck with repeated ideas and aimless plot points to pad out the run time.
That's probably true. I wonder why 22/23 is the standard for nearly every show. You'd think the creators would map out how many episodes they need so everything has proper pacing.
rexcrk wrote:I like Ryder (even though he's pretty much "new Finn" it would seem).
I like him, too--sorta. :lol: He's hot anyway. And I do like the storyline with Marley's mom. Although Marley starving herself because her costume didn't fit made me think she's kind of an idiot. Didn't her normal clothes still fit the same? :lol: Just bad writing, I guess.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

"Glee" lost me ages ago... It's so depressing now, and has really lost it's direction. The characters are rapidly turning into *even shallower* caricatures and the wonderment, for me at least, is gone.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Disney's Divinity

I’ve missed a couple of episodes, but I caught Thursday night‘s episode. I tune back in and Finn has kissed the guidance counselor and Rachel is pregnant. What… :lol: Santana was more annoying than funny. Was disappointed in "Come What May" (any song with Kurt makes me cringe, tbh).

Anyway, I’m really excited about the next episode, because its going to be mashing up songs by feuding artists. :D Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey, Elton John/Madonna, and Backstreet Boys/N’Sync. The only thing they missed was Christina Aguilera/Britney Spears (which was more the fanbases than the women themselves, but still). :P And what about a Kanye West/Taylor Swift mashup? rotfl
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

This show's still on? Oy.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SpringHeelJack wrote:This show's still on? Oy.
Yup. And just when you think the ratings will hit a new low, they bounce back up to 6.5 million +, but ratings or not the show needs to end soon.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:This show's still on? Oy.
Yup. And just when you think the ratings will hit a new low, they bounce back up to 6.5 million +, but ratings or not the show needs to end soon.
I suppose if they continue to show attractive young attractive men gad about in their underpants, I'll reluctantly allow the show to exist.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I've been watching it, but I've been feeling kind of "Eh" about it all. Marley is just so.... boring. As much as I enjoy Glee, it should have ended last season on a high note.

Emma did a great job though with the one song she sang during the wedding episode. I'd like to see her sing Model of a Modern Major-General, just to see if she can do that one as well.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Disney's Divinity

Re: "Glee" Discussion

Apparently, this week is going to be…a particular stand-out. I’ve read some of the spoilers, but it’s kind of vague about what will happen to the characters post-the event. Of the new characters, I hope nothing happens to Rider, consider that pedophile music that played an episode or so ago when he was talking to someone online.

I’m not sure if it’ll be a good episode or not, but there’s only a few episodes left this season, and all the episode titles sound depressing.

Oh, and apparently, Finn's actor is in rehab and Brittany's actor is pregnant.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I haven't seen any episodes since.... Feud, largely because we switched service providers and I keep forgetting to pvr the show.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I started watching the new season, but after about about five or six episodes I just had to stop. I honestly do not care at all about any of the new characters, the show is just so boring now. I agree, they should have ended it last season.
Disney's Divinity

Scarred4life wrote:I started watching the new season, but after about about five or six episodes I just had to stop. I honestly do not care at all about any of the new characters, the show is just so boring now. I agree, they should have ended it last season.
Yeah, I watch Glee more out of an "It's on..." mentality these days, when I don't forget about it completely. :P I feel like there's so little on TV I watch anymore.

Anyway, I thought the episode tonight was boring. I wasn't surprised that Becky was the one Sue was taking the fall for. I'm curious about the person Rider's been talking to online though. I was thinking Bieste at the beginning of the episode for some reason, but it could be Unique.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I thought it was a very emotional episode. Of course, I still go to High School, and I do think about those things. It was probably a series high, it just had the wrong cast.