"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:
It's a bit of a cheap move meant for super-important episodes and not just finales either.

Smallville didnt get a two-hour episode for 10 years until the show's ending.
I can't add anything as to why Glee didn't get one (And likely summed up my thoughts about that already). However I did want to comment on Smallville. I think Smallville didn't get a two hour episode just due to the way the episodes and the storylines went.

I actually haven't seen the entire series yet (stopped around season 5 or 6) but the earlier seasons didn't really get a finale two parter just because one episode ended it, and 'second parter' one was just a starting place for the next season to start with a bang. Cliffhangers and all. I also can't think of any episodes that really needed to be a two-parter just because they worked well enough in the one hour time frame.

But that's just my best guess :)
That can be true. I've seen the entire series, and while it only gets better in latter seasons, they never really needed to expand too much beyond one hour. It actually went to the point where the villain-of-the-week became an afterthought. Actually, even the series Finale is just a two-part episode spliced together, but that's reasonable.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Cover art and a release date (September 19th) have been posted for the Glee season two titles over at amazon.co.uk.

Glee: The Complete Second Season (on BD and DVD)

Glee: The Complete Second Season, Volume Two (on DVD)

Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon from Fox over here across the pond!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Anyone else not loving the orange?
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

I can live with the Complete Second Season dvd cover.

It's the Season 2 Volume 2 cover I have complaints about. They included Sam and Blaine on the cover. This shouldn't be a problem, as I like those characters. However, they were only recurring roles this season. Mercedes and Mr Schue are main characters, but they are not on the cover, while I think they should. Volume one had Finn, Brittany, Santana, Kurt and Rachel (which were al main characters). This volume should include the other main characters.

And I know Mercedes didn't really have a storyline this season, but Sue is also on the cover, why isn't Mr Shue (who actually had some sort of storyline)?
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Well, I like the picture on the cover, but the colours! They burn! :P
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I don't like the orange cover at all. I do however like the purple background, but would prefer to see a couple of the characters rotated out in favor of others.

The one problem (aside from color) I have with the orange one is how busy and unbalanced it looks. Brittany looks sort of odd and copy/pasted in.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Jane Lynch will be on Real Time with Bill Maher's panel next week. I happen to know a free and safe way to download or watch via online stream. If you're interested, drop me a message.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Goliath wrote:Jane Lynch will be on Real Time with Bill Maher's panel next week. I happen to know a free and safe way to download or watch via online stream. If you're interested, drop me a message.
Ooh, please share! (I don't have PMing privileges) I've been looking for a good source, since I don't get the channel Real Time airs on.

EDIT: Thank you! :)
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Scarred4life wrote:Ooh, please share! (I don't have PMing privileges) I've been looking for a good source, since I don't get the channel Real Time airs on.
I've dropped you a PM. I'm not gonna give the link on the forum. I don't know whether or not HBO is aware of this site, but they're extremely protective of their content when it comes to YouTube, where I used to watch the show every week. But it gets pulled so fast, I had to look for other ways. The chance is extremely small, but I wouldn't want to toss it out in public and have someone connected to HBO read it.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Brain farting here, but I'd have a total fangasm if they did a tribute episode to Disney Musicals.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I hope they do make a tribute before the original cast is gone. :( Lea Michele > anybody else they could find. I want "PoTW" now, but they'd probably go with something like "Kiss The Girl." And you know they would totally do "A Whole New World" as a Finnchel duet.

(I always think it's weird that they put Finn first even though Rachel is more dominant. Maybe because Rachinn just sounds weird. :lol: )

EDIT: Oh, and I saw Lynch on Bill Maher's show. There was a HBO/Starz/etc. free weekend around that time, so I got to see it. Loved the Weiner script. rotfl
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Regarding the cast change, I think they've made two mistakes:

1) Not everybody should have started off as a sophomore. I've heard that, perhaps, some characters (like Kurt) weren't, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the case.

2) They should have started adding new underclassmen in Season Two. Of course, Glee's already a little overpopulated character-wise, but all we needed were two or three characters with a few lines here in there, maybe a small story-arc and by the time season four rolls around, even without the originals, we'd at least be used to the new characters.

I also think that they could stretch out a year of school into (at least) two seasons, but that's not that big of a deal.

Oh, and I wish they'd hurry up and officially announce season two for DVD/BD release. I know you can pre-order it, but I'd rather wait until it's officially announced and then hopefully the price will go down then, too.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I hope they do make a tribute before the original cast is gone. :( Lea Michele > anybody else they could find. I want "PoTW" now, but they'd probably go with something like "Kiss The Girl." And you know they would totally do "A Whole New World" as a Finnchel duet.

(I always think it's weird that they put Finn first even though Rachel is more dominant. Maybe because Rachinn just sounds weird. :lol: )

EDIT: Oh, and I saw Lynch on Bill Maher's show. There was a HBO/Starz/etc. free weekend around that time, so I got to see it. Loved the Weiner script. rotfl
I was actually thinking something of a Valentine's Day episode, as fairy tale romance is Disney's coffee. Something like a couple of fun, non-romantic songs like Trashin' the Camp(having the kids bang on stuff could be one of the lessons, even though it would break the show's formula of one lesson a week relating to the theme) and POYW, followed by the Glee Club presenting a romantic candle-lit dinner ala Be Our Guest, and one of the many famous romance songs. Dunno about bookends. I'm thinking maybe a song from Tangled among the selected.

Or maybe they could do a mashup like the Simpsons(even though that was a parody).
Disney's Divinity

Nothing from Tangled, please. :headshake: :lol:

For a Valentine's episode, I would hope they'd use "That's How You Know" from Enchanted, which would fit very well with that theme. Maybe "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" or "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)"?
UmbrellaFish wrote:2) They should have started adding new underclassmen in Season Two. Of course, Glee's already a little overpopulated character-wise, but all we needed were two or three characters with a few lines here in there, maybe a small story-arc and by the time season four rolls around, even without the originals, we'd at least be used to the new characters.
I thought that they were going to do that this season with Sam and Charice, but Charice barely showed up at all. She might join New Directions next season though. I'm not sure if she'll ever be a regular cast member, however, so that probably won't work.

I just wonder if they plan to keep Emma/Schue/Sue/Figgins? Or maybe they'll go on to a different school and teachers, etc.? I know Jane Lynch's contract doesn't last forever--I can't remember if it ends after season 3 or not. I'm sure they'll offer her a lot, but I have a bad feeling she'll decide to depart now that she's a hot commodity.

Some posters on another forum were speculating that they'd probably have some college spin-off when Rachel and Kurt trying to make it in NYC or something. :lol: Even though I'm not huge on spin-offs, that would be awesome. Michele and Colfer have good chemistry. Plus, Michele's the best singer and Colfer's the best actor. Hopefully, they'd get rid of everyone else though (though I wouldn't mind Blaine tagging along).
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I just wonder if they plan to keep Emma/Schue/Sue/Figgins? Or maybe they'll go on to a different school and teachers, etc.? I know Jane Lynch's contract doesn't last forever--I can't remember if it ends after season 3 or not. I'm sure they'll offer her a lot, but I have a bad feeling she'll decide to depart now that she's a hot commodity.
I read a recent interview with Murphy talking about the cast reboot and he said something to the effect of, "we'll keep Morrison and Lynch of course as they're the linchpins of our series." However, I'll be surprised if Morrison stays with the show a season longer than the original kids. I get this impression from him that he's itching to focus more on his solo and film career. I say that without seeing many interviews from him, that's just a gut feeling.

I also have a gut feeling that out of all the adult cast (excepting Figgins), Jane Lynch will stay the longest. I could see her leaving if she gets offered her own sitcom or something along those lines, which, as a matter of fact, I'm sure she will be. I just think Lynch seems very loyal to the show, you know?

As for the spin-off concept, I think I read something like that on imdb. I'd really enjoy that, myself.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Speak of zee devil:
TV Line.com wrote:Presented with the concept of Rachel and Kurt and a few of their pals spearheading a new hour on Fox about a group of young artists who head to New York City to pursue their musical theater dreams, Murphy doesn’t immediately shoot it down. “It’s an interesting idea,” he says. “The questions are ‘How would we do it? And when would we do it?’ It would have to be something I would talk about to Peter Rice and Kevin Reilly and Dana Walden and Gary Newman. What we’re trying to do now — maybe those discussions will happen around December — we’re just now trying to do the first 10 episodes.” Not that Murphy’s brain hasn’t dabbled with a flash-forward to Rachel’s future. “I keep saying that with the new Funny Girl revival, they should just say it’s Rachel Berry in Funny Girl — get Lea to do that, but as Rachel Berry. It would be a crowd-pleaser.”
http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/glee-boss ... ore-226484

Read the rest of the article, too, there's some interesting tidbits in there.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

OK so this is semi-related, but knowing you Disney fans I just knew you'd appreciate this as much as I do:
Darren Criss covers Part of That World
This just makes me all the more sure Glee should start pulling out some more Disney songs out of their hat!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Disney's Divinity

I've already seen all of Criss' covers. I love him, tbh. :lol: :P

@UmbrellaFish: I'm glad that idea's been heard by Murphy, because I really hope it happens.

Mercedes is finally getting a story?! :o Although part of me is glad Tina is getting a story, too, I don't think the girl playing her can act very well... :lol:

And what does he mean he doesn't know if Blaine/Lauren/Sam will be back next season? Wtf? :? Darren already has a contract for it and was the breakout star this year, and Lauren and Sam are both in relationships with two other characters. How does that work? :?:

I never got the guest stars complaint, considering all the guests seemed to play characters they wanted to cast anyway (like Sue's mom). I hope Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway are still on, at least. :(
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Just so you all know that I do pay attention to "Glee" and what is being discussed here on this forum. You all know how I feel about this show, but apparently I am on the outside with some of my opinions.

Today in Bill O'Reilly's weekly column he takes on 'Glee' in a very positive note and I hope you all understand what he is trying to say.

From the Desk of Bill O'Reilly:
Although they have not made it an especially big deal, some conservative Americans object to the Fox program Glee because it is a politically correct extravaganza that often deals with sexuality among teenagers. This season actress Gwyneth Paltrow provided some sizzle that awakened any parent in the room, I'll tell you that.

But there is an important social upside to the show. Gays, physically challenged people, and overweight kids are all put in a positive light compatible with the show's liberal tone. An occasional verbal shot at Fox News solidifies Glee's PC presentation.

The other day on Long Island, a live Glee concert troupe sold out two shows at the Nassau Coliseum, grossing more than two million dollars in the process. The crowd was predominately white, middle class teens, many accompanied by their parents who seemed to enjoy the presentation. This was a rather staid event compared to Lady Gaga or your standard-issue rapper. No profanity, songs with lyrics you could understand, and dancing without much groin activity.

In other words, the Glee concert was clean-cut, and the young people loved it.

The trendiness that Glee embraces on the tube doesn't much bother me, and I like the fact that chubby performers are often front and center. Also, the kid in the wheelchair sings great, and his presence sends an anti-stigma message as well. So, there is much good in the program.

At this point in America, young people are being barraged with tattooed vulgarians who dominate the rock and reality show world. The kids see anti-social behavior, hear poor grammar, and understand that crude conduct is often rewarded with fame and fortune. You don't have to go to the Jersey Shore; just arrive at your local beach or pool this summer, and you'll see young boys and girls with body ink and piercings all over the place. Do these children not have parents? Are their no mirrors in their homes?

The Glee crew is basically clean cut, and do you know what? It's refreshing. That's right, it's nice to see some young Americans on stage who don't look like living dead zombies or Charles Manson. I'm not asking for a comeback from the Kingston Trio or an Up With People convention, I'm just promoting equal time as far as grooming is concerned.

Also, the PC stuff on Glee is in context. It doesn't slap you in the face, like the faux trendy garbage you see on the nightly news, for example.

In person, the Glee kids perform well and seem pleased to be entertaining people. Their songs are upbeat, the primary message is "don't hurt anybody," and the performers give you your money's worth.

Yeah, it's positively gleeful. And I'm happy about it.
With Season Three coming, I will again give this show a chance to show me something besides high schooler's who look like they belong in college, and full-blown orchestras following them all around the campus supposedly on their little boom-boxes. Jane Lynch is my saving grace for this show and I still maintain that she is wasted on this show.

I do hope you all like what Bill O'Reilly had to say about the show and those who watch it.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Once again with the delusion of orchestras following them around the campus? I've actually been *looking* for an instance of that. It's only a part of practice sessions.

But no use arguing against somebody who's made up his mind. That's a great point that O'Reilly makes. Seems a bit "racist" regarding people with tattoos, but it really shows something positive coming out of this show.