"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: "Glee" Discussion

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I thought the episode wasn't nearly as emotional as you would expect; it felt very artificial and phoned-in, which is strange since one of their castmembers is actually the focus... And it was just wrong for Britney and especially Quinn not to be present. Oh well. I haven't watched this season at all, and probably won't after this episode.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

No retorts necessary, this is just my opinion and another reason I don't watch this show very often.

I don't understand why they paid tribute to a 30-year-old cast member, who is supposed to be a student in High School, who took the coward's way out because he couldn't handle his drug problem. And they are treating him like he was some kind of idol or something. I didn't buy into this one bit.

I only watch this show when I need a Jane Lynch fix. Her talent is so wasted in this show!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

dvdjunkie wrote:No retorts necessary, this is just my opinion and another reason I don't watch this show very often.

I don't understand why they paid tribute to a 30-year-old cast member, who is supposed to be a student in High School, who took the coward's way out because he couldn't handle his drug problem. And they are treating him like he was some kind of idol or something. I didn't buy into this one bit.

I only watch this show when I need a Jane Lynch fix. Her talent is so wasted in this show!

Lies. You insinuate Monteith committed suicide; he did not. See here, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 06841.html.

No retort necessary. This is not opinion, it's fact.

I shouldn't feed it, I know, but an ignore function would make that easier to accomplish.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

dvdjunkie wrote:No retorts necessary, this is just my opinion and another reason I don't watch this show very often.

Your lack of empathy is absolutely incredible, especially for someone claiming to have gone through rehab himself. You need to stop harping on about everyone's age as an excuse to judge. You also need to realize that addictions are not a question of moral character. It was something he was battling since the age of 13, and given that he'd voluntarily checked himself into rehab before only shows just how much of a struggle it is even for those actively trying to get better.

What I don't understand is how you so heartlessly question why they chose to pay tribute to a fellow colleague and friend that so very unfortunately lost his life. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you obviously don't know anything of his personal demons (none of us do) or how difficult his addictions were, and you have absolutely no room to judge what kind of person he was.

Your continuous posts in this thread are clearly intended to infuriate, and this most recent reply is especially hurtful and designed to get a rise out of others. You're showing a complete lack of respect to our fellow forum members and I'd advise you stop trolling immediately.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to Enigmawing:

I don't troll. Look and see how long it has been since I last posted on this thread.

I have made it clear that I only watch this show once in a while. I try to buy into what it is selling, but it fails to make me want to watch. If Fox would bill this program as a 'musical-dramady' instead of a "top-rated drama" then I might look into following it. But I tried to watch all of Season One, which I borrowed from a friend, and just couldn't get past the over-twenty-year-olds that they were trying to pass off as kids in High School.

Also they need to change the cast each year or every other year at least, because then it would be more real, and probably wouldn't be sinking in the ratings as it is this year.

I love Jane Lynch, and wish that she would sign out of this production and get a show of her own. I think her talent is wasted on "Glee".
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

The moderators have discussed the addition of an "Ignore" feature for the forum, and will continue to deliberate on this topic until an agreement has been reached. For what it's worth, I support the inclusion of an "Ignore" feature (although in fairness, as a moderator, I would not use it). And for the time being, please bear with us as we've continued to bear with this...
  • Oxford English Dictionary
    troll
    Syllabification: (troll)
    Pronunciation: /trōl/
    verb
    [no object]
    1 fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat:
    we trolled for mackerel
    carefully and systematically search an area for something:
    a group of companies trolling for partnership opportunities
    [with object]:
    I spent tonight trolling the Internet for expensive lighting gear

2 informal submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response:
    if people are obviously trolling then I’ll delete your posts and do my best to ban you
    [with object]:
    you folks taking this opportunity to troll me, you really need to reassess your values in your life
    3 [with object] sing (something) in a happy and carefree way:
    troll the ancient Yuletide carol
    4 [no object, with adverbial of direction] chiefly British walk; stroll:
    we all trolled into town
    noun
    1 informal a deliberately provocative online posting intended to incite an angry response.
    a person who submits a deliberately provocative posting.

2a line or bait used in trolling for fish.

Wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Urban Dictionary
    1. troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

2. troll
    One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
dvdjunkie has made 29 posts in this thread. I've listed them here by date. Although there is a nearly-two-year jump between his last post and the two from this year, searching through his other posts outside the "Glee" thread (such as this one, this one, and this one) shows his continued disdain for the series and baiting for others to attack him for it. Frankly, I think all 29 of the posts in this thread alone has an air of condescension, as well as various levels of trolling. I've quoted some of the more interesting comments. Some trolling, some ironic. Again, let these words speak for themselves and make of it what you wish.
On May 19, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:I love the show "Glee", but I wish it were more about the school instead of all the guest stars and keeping up with the pop charts.
August 31, 2010
September 2, 2010
September 14, 2010
September 14, 2010
On September 15, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:Do me a favor and look up the word - "ICON" in the dictionary and think about how little it applies to Ms. Spears. She is just an overused whore and all of you who like her act are just her pimps.
On September 22, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:But if this is your cup of tea, then I salute you for watching and liking it.

I will try not to be to vocal about my not loving it this season.

On September 26, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:I hope you all caught the Season Premier of The Simpsons tonight!! It featured members of the cast of "Glee" and it was really funny to see all the drawings of the members of the cast. Good show. Now if "Glee" was just a good.

On September 27, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:Did no one watch The Simpsons last night or was I the only one who enjoyed the "Glee" premiere. If only 'Glee" was this good all the time.

October 1, 2010
October 13, 2010
October 26, 2010
October 27, 2010

On December 3, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:I just wish "Glee" was more appealing to people my age, but it isn't, and those who enjoy the show are missing some really "good" television shows that are on at the same time.

On December 6, 2010, dvdjunkie wrote:Still not a big fan, but will never knock those who are.

January 17, 2011

On January 20, 2011, dvdjunkie wrote:BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no new GLEE episodes until February 8th!!!!

January 20, 2011
January 21, 2011

On February 25, 2011, dvdjunkie wrote:Applause, applause, applause!!!! Let's all celebrate because there will be NO "Glee" for the next three weeks or so, because "American Idol" is on for three nights - Tuesday thru Thursday!!!

I am doing my happy dance because I don't have to put up with this lame show for a while.

February 25, 2011

On April 27, 2011, dvdjunkie wrote:Hey, all you "Gleeks"..........don't forget to use your DVR wisely and record "The Voice".........it's on at the same time as "Glee" and, in my opinion, just an all around better show. You know how much I don't care for "Glee", and now I have a good reason not to watch it all, because "The Voice" is on Tuesday nights!!!!!!

May 19, 2011

On May 24, 2011, dvdjunkie wrote:Remember all you "Gleeks" out there, that tonight's Season Finale of American Idol comes on first and then it's the Season Finale of "Glee" (wish it were the series finale). I will be watching both, thank you!!

June 23, 2011
August 13, 2011
July 16, 2013

October 12, 2013

On October 13, 2013, dvdjunkie wrote:I don't troll.

Incidentally, many of the "criticisms" of the show have been found to be baseless, and debunked by various other members. But to quote them would take up too much space and dig too far a grave.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I don't watch the show but wow uh just wow. This has got to be by far the most insensitive remarks I've seen in these forums in my 8 years of being here. I'm just speechless right now. I'll end this post before words come back in my head and end up on the keyboard
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I want to thank our mods, enigmawing and Escapay, for handling this situation.
Disney's Divinity

I agree, and I wish it had been dealt with a long time before this, tbh. The comment about Britney Spears is particularly disgusting, and he makes/made those kinds of comments regularly about Christina Aguilera and Nicki Minaj as well (in The Voice and American Idol 12 threads respectively). Sick.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I want to thank our mods, enigmawing and Escapay, for handling this situation.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

He did not kill himself, he ODed. Drugs can be a horrible addiction, it has nothing to do with the person there are various reasons people get hooked on drugs. An ex of mine who I still love dearly had a very hard life and got hooked on crystal meth. He relocated to another state to live with his grandparents and has been clean for 4 years now. Not everyone is that lucky, how can you be so insensitive to post such a horrible statement. You've always been a bit cranky which is your prerogative, but when you start spewing hate and judgement such as this. Come on have a heart. No one deserves to die due to such a horrible cause, they deserve our help and our empathy. Not chastising.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

From my understanding, nearly every scene was done in one take because the cast members were having such a difficult time filming. There were a few scenes that they were able to get more than one take of, but I am not sure which. I also haven't seen the episode myself, so I can't really weigh in on my personal feelings/opinions of the episode.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You know that I would be the first to post my happiness that this stupid show "Glee" is finally over with.

Fox does not have it on its schedule and when contacted they said it was not on their mid-season schedule either.

I am a happy camper now that this phoney baloney show is over. When I went to school, I never had a band that could break right into any song I wanted to sing. Nor did I have a choreographer follow me around in case I wanted to dance or all the backup kids were singers and perfectly choreographed dancers. There were some good stories, but they always seemed to ruin what was going on with someone singing a song, amazingly there was a full orchestra accompanying that artist. Even when the singer only used a guitar, you could tell they didn't know what they were doing.

So to all you "Gleeks" out there, what are you going to watch this year??
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

UmbrellaFish wrote:

Lies. You insinuate Monteith committed suicide; he did not. See here, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 06841.html.

No retort necessary. This is not opinion, it's fact.

I shouldn't feed it, I know, but an ignore function would make that easier to accomplish.
Not to mention calling it "the coward's way out". Ugh.

Edit: yeah, 9 months. Sorry.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

dvdjunkie wrote:You know that I would be the first to post my happiness that this stupid show "Glee" is finally over with.

Fox does not have it on its schedule and when contacted they said it was not on their mid-season schedule either.

I am a happy camper now that this phoney baloney show is over. When I went to school, I never had a band that could break right into any song I wanted to sing. Nor did I have a choreographer follow me around in case I wanted to dance or all the backup kids were singers and perfectly choreographed dancers. There were some good stories, but they always seemed to ruin what was going on with someone singing a song, amazingly there was a full orchestra accompanying that artist. Even when the singer only used a guitar, you could tell they didn't know what they were doing.

So to all you "Gleeks" out there, what are you going to watch this year??

And we've been saying for years that the show doesn't quite show any if that either.

I'd be disappointed if it weren't for the dip in quality the last couple years.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Also, junkie, season 6 is definitely happening. Look, Lea Michele was in the recording studio earlier this week:

https://twitter.com/alxanders/status/50 ... 13/photo/1
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

If you look on Fox's Fall 2014 schedule you will find there is no listing for "Glee". That is my only reference, and if they changed their minds, it would be hard to find a place for that show on the Fall Schedule.

They might wait and use "Glee" as a mid-season replacement, but I doubt that. With Fox's track record on canceling shows and never bringing them back, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

dvdjunkie wrote:If you look on Fox's Fall 2014 schedule you will find there is no listing for "Glee". That is my only reference, and if they changed their minds, it would be hard to find a place for that show on the Fall Schedule.

They might wait and use "Glee" as a mid-season replacement, but I doubt that. With Fox's track record on canceling shows and never bringing them back, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
The sixth season will be shown mid-season; scroll to after the schedule here (the last paragraph).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Thanks for that. I do appreciate it. I still will stand by beliefs that Fox is pretty famous for dropping shows at their whim. Biggest example is "Firefly", which they moved around and moved around and then put the show on vacation, from which they canceled it with four episodes in the can, which were never shown until the DVD and Blu-ray releases of The Complete Series.
Disney's Divinity

I'm sorry to break it to you, dvdjunkie, but season 6 has been planned to air--and be the last season--for a while now. Poor thing, you're so out of it, aren't you? :wave: