"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Aw Kurt's coming out scene was so cute! And he's in love with Finn! :D

Mercedes was just great in every way.

Rachel- "Also, I'm taller than you are!" :lol:

Also, a fun fact for everyone: when the choreographer called Finn "Frankenteen", that's actually his name on Twitter! It must be where he got it from :P

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Aw Kurt's coming out scene was so cute! And he's in love with Finn! :D

Mercedes was just great in every way.

Rachel- "Also, I'm taller than you are!" :lol:

Also, a fun fact for everyone: when the choreographer called Finn "Frankenteen", that's actually his name on Twitter! It must be where he got it from :P
I noticed that, but he's had his name for a while, so I have no idea where he got it from.

Anyway, AWESOME episode!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

PeterPanfan wrote:I noticed that, but he's had his name for a while, so I have no idea where he got it from.
Yeah, but it's not like they shot the episode yesterday or anything; who knows how long ago they did it.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Yeah, I just... can't watch this anymore. If someone was likable or not a jerk, or if wasn't like a textbook of high school cliches (straight girl falls for obvious gay kid was old when "Camp" did it), maybe I could. But so far the only good thing is that Matt Morrison has been shirtless often and I like the songs. But to me that's like digging through a pile of horse crap to find a quarter. Sorry, "Glee", you just aren't doing it.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Last night's episode was kind of iffy. I think it was simply because I didn't know most of the songs (I think I knew one). I'm not dissatisfied with the show, but the last episode, and kind of the one before it, weren't anywhere near how great the first episode was. I'll keep watching it and the songs are probably what will make me watch it.

And on a side note, the CD that's coming out on November 3rd, the first Volume of probably several for the first season, is availabe to preorder on amazon. Tracks include:

1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Can't Fight This Feeling
3. Gold Digger
4. Take a Bow
5. Bust Your Windows
6. Taking Chances
7. Alone
8. Maybe This Time
9. Somebody to Love
10. Hate On Me
11. No Air
12. You Keep Me Hangin' On
13. Keep Holding On
14. Bust a Move
15. Sweet Caroline
16. Dancing with Myself
17. Defying Gravity
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I have loved all episodes so far and have developed one of those TV crushes on Matt Morrison, however the only thing that does spoil the awesomeness of Glee right now is that stupid pregnancy plot... actually it's not so much that plot, but the character of Terri Schuster who is infinitely annoying.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I thought the past week's show was probably the best so far. I really liked the music they used, and the Josh Groban cameo was hilarious.
I liked the black girl and the gay guy (Kurt?)'s relationship. They actually got some real screentime (finally)! But Jane Lynch is still the strongest factor in the show so far--I couldn't help but laugh at the way that one cheerleader cried at having her tanning privileges revoked. I loved her face when the men were performing, and that one guy was thrusting his pelvis. :lol:

And am I the only one who noticed that the teacher guy's wife seems to be changing into a nicer person--when he was performing, she would smile at him like she was seeing him for the first time. Maybe this "love triangle" will end up amounting to some interesting moments/development?

I'm looking forward to "Taking Chances" in the episodes ahead. You know, I wonder if they'll ever do any Disney songs, considering they're borrowing from just about everything.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

KRISTIN CHENOWETH ON GLEE NEXT WEEK!

OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Tonights episode was SOOO GOOD! The whole story line with Kurt was really cute but Quinn... SLUT! Poor Finn :(

Also, we finally got to hear Tina take center stage! I really liked her :D

Oh, btw, it was announced earlier this week that Glee has been picked up for a full season! WOO!!!

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

For the most part, I think this episode is my least favorite of the four so far. The ending, however, was probably my favorite so far. :P

1. I'm glad that the producers are flying past some obvious cliches that could become an obstacle in the main storytelling.

2. While the pregnancies are completely different, I don't know how I feel about Quinn being pregnant, also.

3. I LOVED the whole entire football scene. It was fantastic.

4. C(K?)urt coming out to his dad
was so adorable.

5. Rachel is being so overdramatic. Her quitting the Glee Club should be interesting, though.

6. KRISTIN CHENOWETH IS PREMEIRING IN NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE! HOLT CRAP! Will she be playing herself??
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

The whole Single Ladies thing was hilarious in my opinion. Them getting the football players to dance made it even better.

And yes, Rachel is VERY overdramatic. I'm starting to dislike her. Hopefully, I'll like her again soon.

Kurt's coming out scene was touching (and the I've known since you were 3 thing was hilarious).

I love that they gave Tina the "Tonight" solo so that we could see Jenna's vocal talent.

Quinn being pregnant definitely surprised me. It even surprised me more to find out that Puck is the father.

Kristen is gonna be AWESOME next week!!
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

"All you wanted for your birthday was a pair of sensible heels."

:lol: rotfl

It was cool to see Mike O'Malley as Kurt's dad.

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

zackisthewalrus wrote:
Kristin is gonna be AWESOME next week!!
:roll: :wink:
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

PeterPanfan wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:
Kristin is gonna be AWESOME next week!!
:roll: :wink:
Oh, stop being such a perfectionist PanFan. :)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, I really liked Tina, too. I've liked her since the first episode when she was auditioning. I just noticed she hasn't got much screentime before now though.

I liked the episode, but was it just me or were there way too many things happening at once (Sue brings Sandy back, Rachel leaves Glee, Quinn is cheating on her boyfriend with his friend, Kurt plays football and comes out, teacher's wife wants the cheerleader's baby). It wasn't bad, it's just by the time we got back to Kurt at the end I almost felt like that storyline wasn't that important when compared to everything else.

Regardless, I'm glad I stuck with this show. If nothing else but for Kurt's "Single Ladies" at the beginning of this. :lol:

"Wait--I'm a Jet?"
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Kristin's playing a former student, who was expected to become a superstar and well, didn't....

AND YES I AM EXCITED! :D
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Awesome episode!! However the pregnancy plots both have to go. Way too much drama for my taste and I still don't like Mrs. Schuster.

And I absolutely can't wait for the Cheno's appearance next week. Especially now after her spectacular Emmy win.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

A new Glee starts in about two minutes, and it guest stars Kristin Chenoweth! I hope everyone will be watching! :D
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I decided to watch "Preggers" if only for curiosity involving the coming out scene. Considering the flaming stereotype Kurt is, his coming out may be one the best handled scenarios of that kind ever shown. His dad's reaction was 100% believable for both his understanding and minor disappointment with the news (but not so much because he's a "FOOTBALL!" kind of cliche male parent just he's naturally alot more masculine than his son), but also realistic in both his knowledge of his son (he's lived with him all his life, he's gotta know by now) and that it's more important to know that he's who he is and happy and not let his current disappointment harm his son. I'm sure it will be a very reassuring scene for kids in Kurt's current position.

The rest of the episode, no so great. I fast forwarded through the singing and most of the jokes were forced and not terribly funny. It was OK overall but I'm now only further convinced this is anything but "the funniest show on TV".
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Officially the best Glee episode EVER! Kristin Chenoweth is such a phenomenal singer and actress, and I wish she would have become a main castmember! Hopefully she'll return soon! Rachel returning to the Glee club was great, and the final number was AMAZING.

I always post my thoughts on my Twitter account during each episode. If you want to view it, go here:

www.twitter.com/clemxens

:)
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

LOVED it as well!!! Kristin was awesome as expected and the whole episode just rocked. I am also glad that apparently all her songs made it onto the November soundtrack (which btw, I pre-ordered today :D ).
Finally Rachel is back at the Glee club and Mrs. Schuster only had two scenes.
Not much Jane Lynch though :(
However, best GLee episode so far!