Left Behind (2014)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Left Behind (2014)

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The Christian book series Left Behind was adapted into a film starring Kirk Cameron in 2001, but it appears that somebody up there believes they can do better. A reboot starring Nicolas Cage is in the works, and it’s at least far enough along that an official poster has been released. According to the article, most of the first book’s storyline has been “left behind” as well: The film will focus mainly on the Rapture itself and the events leading up to it.
Also Ashely Tisdale and Chad Michael Murray will be in it.

I like this idea, and I will go see it. I'm surprised they got Nicholas Cage to be in it. I believe he will play Captain Raymond Steele, and Ashely Tisdale will play as his daughter, and I suspect that Chad Michael Murray will be Buck Williams, who was previously Kirk Cameron's character

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/ ... r-unveiled
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Left Behind Reboot Movies starring Nicholas Cage

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Is this one film or a series of films? (Hopefully, the former.) I have no interest, really, but hopefully it isn't a series of films.

Btw, do you have a larger picture of that one in your avatar, disneyboy? :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

http://s777.photobucket.com/user/disney ... e.jpg.html

Here you go.

Also depending on how well this movie does, this could become a franchise. There are 16 books in total, but I realistically don't believe it's going to be a big enough success to make 16 movies. They have tried to and got to 3 movies starring Kirk Cameron and they were DTV films.

Clearly they are hoping to draw a crowd with Nicholas Cage as Captain Raymond Steele, where in the previous movies they had an unknown play that part. Also star power isn't has big as it used to be and lately has not been a major factor that makes the film more money and often it makes less
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I have read the whole series, but never checked out the Kirk Cameron movies.
I am interested in Nicolas Cage rebooting this - I am adding this to my spreadsheet of movies to watch out for right now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
moviefan2k4

Post by moviefan2k4 »

I've read some of the books, and the stories are great, but things got a little twisted sometimes. I got up to the first few chapters in "The Mark", and gave up.

As for the films, the first was pretty good, and the second was passable, but the last sucked. I'm also not a fan of Kirk Cameron's ministry style; he seems to use the same script with everyone.

I am looking forward to the reboot, but I hope they don't turn it into another disaster clone like "2012" or "The Day After Tomorrow". :(

P.S.: the pilot's name is Rayford Steele, not Raymond.
God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Jordin Sparks Cast in the Movie Left Behind
Jordin Sparks has been cast in the movie Left Behind, based on the popular series of Christian-themed books based on the Rapture and it’s apocalyptic aftermath. The film stars Nicolas Cage and Chad Michael Murray. Ashley Tisdale was set to play the female lead, Chloe Steele, but she had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. Check out the Facebook and Official Website.

The role the American Idol season 6 winner is set to play is being “kept under wraps” but it appears to be some sort of supporting role:
As filming for “Left Behind” in Baton Rouge heats up, the cast and crew of Left Behind welcomes the beautiful and talented actress/singer Jordin Sparks to the cast!

Sparks’ character is named Shasta, but for the most part her role is being kept under wraps. “Left Behind” producer Paul Lalonde will say that “She will be a passenger on a plane that the film’s main character Captain Rayford Steele (Nicolas Cage) is piloting.”
You can read the movie synopsis here. Briefly, a world wide catastrophe occurs after millions of people disappear, leaving behind, family and friends, not to mentions cars, trains and planes in motion. The world plunges into a post–apocalyptic nightmare. Nicholas Cage is piloting a plane that he is desperately trying to land amid chaos.

The Left Behind series is hugely popular book series in Evangelical Christian circles, but outside of it? Not so much. This is definitely a niche film, but could make money if it’s marketed cleverly to its intended audience.
At any rate…congrats Jordin.

ETA: A movie Left Behind based on the book was released with infamous Christian, Kirk Cameron, in the lead. The movie got scathing reviews and barely made back its budget, according to Wikipedia.

ETA: The co-author of the Left Behind series, Tim LaHaye, has read the script for the new movie and is not a fan, “It’s probably the worst script I’ve ever read,” LaHaye told the Christian Post. “And I’ve read scores of them.” He added, “The plot line is nothing like the book. The only thing they retain are the names of the people, and maybe places,”
The production company releasing the film is headed by Paul Lalonde, who also headed the company that released the original Left Behind movie, and its sequels. LaHaye was locked in a 10 year legal battle with Lalonde stemming from what the author felt was a failure to market the movie properly.
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/jordin-sparks ... behind.htm

I follow Jordin pretty closely (probably my favorite voice to come from a TV singing show), so I'm really glad she got something--it's a paycheck, anyway. She's not a great actress, but I thought she was passable in Sparkle. I know she's a very religious person, so that might be why she sought a role in this series (plus, it's experience).

The article was interesting, because it says Ashley Tisdale is no longer involved and that the author thinks the new script is awful.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

This film is now in post-production set to release this summer (June 2014). From what I hear, it looks like it's pretty good, even getting thumbs-up from the Left Behind Series authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. That's a good sign, considering LaHaye actually sued the producers of the original LB films because he felt they had strayed way too much from the story and felt the films were not what he envisioned them to be. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Some of the cast members are:

Nicolas Cage as Rayford Steele
Chad Michael Murray as Cameron "Buck" Williams
Cassi Thomson as Chloe Steele
Nicky Whelan as Hattie Durham
Jordin Sparks as Shasta Carvell
Lance E. Nichols as Bruce Barnes
William Ragsdale as Chris Smith
Martin Klebba as Melvin Weir
Quinton Aaron as Simon
Judd Lormand as Jim
Lolo Jones as Lori