Any other Elton John fans here?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
bambifan56
Gold Classic Collection

Any other Elton John fans here?

Post by bambifan56 »

As a straight 23 year old male, I can honestly say, Elton John is my favorite singer of all time. He has so much talent to write great music. I am not a fan at all of new age rap/hip-hop. I would listen to about anything this guy every wrote and love it.
"There is another who is over us all, over us and over man"

-Bambi (Novel)
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Well, I'm quite an Elton John fan too: I''ve got several CD's of him. He has a pleasant voice to listen to, and quite a few of his songs are classics. Just have to think of "I'm still standing", "Sorry seems to be the hardest word", "Your song", "Goodbye yellow Brick Road", "Song for Guy", "Nikita", "Blue eyes" etc.
I'm a bit older than you, so perhaps closer ot the Elton John generation. Always nice to see someone younger appriciating music from the previous generation, regardless of it being fashionable and not 'modern'.

I can hear to youngsters of today say:

"Oh no, Elton John, that's so 1970's!" :lol: or worse : "Who the hell is Elton John?"
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I think this could be moved to the Movies, Music, TV area of the forum unless it's more Disney related ;)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

As the resident 'old curmudgeon' of the UD'ers, I will tell you that I have seen Elton John in concert over 100 times here in the US and in Britain.

I don't think there is an artist today who writes, sings, or becomes one with the audience better than Elton John. All of the hit songs he has had, all come from very well produced albums.

Some of my favorite songs of all time include several Elton John songs, such as "Funeral For A Friend", "Candles In The Wind", "Daniel", "Rocket Man", "Made in England", "Your Song", "Nikita", and oh so many more.

I can't think of an artist who has a more complete collection of such varied hits as Elton John. He has done his 'polished pop' concerts for millions, and never has made two albums in a row that were the same.

Have I said that I love Elton John, and don't get my wife started on him, she tells everyone ' he can eat crackers in my bed, anytime!'.

:D
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Sure, I'll chime in. Elton John is easily one of the greatest musical entertainers/creators ever.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well Funny Someone should Mention Elton John....

My Dad bought tickets for him myself and my mom to see Elton John & Billy Joel Live in Concert sometime in May in Saint Louis MO......although I looked at the price tickets that they were....they were like around $180 per ticket.....so I suppose EJ gets $100 and BJ gets $80?? :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

One of my roomies have almost all of Elton John's CDs from Empty Sky to somewhere around the mid 1970's or whatever. So, I dug a few of those out and started to upload just my favorite songs. I only got through maybe 3 or 4 CDs and just stopped. So, I'd have to go back to note what songs I liked best.

But, as for his pop songs / the ones that got airplay, my favorites are:

"Nikita" (my #1 favorite, unquestionably)
"Someone Saved My Life Tonight"
"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
"Bennie and the Jets"
"I'm Still Standing"
and "Crocodile Rock" - from my childhood (they also played that song on the Vicar of Dibley show)
4 Disney Atmosphere Images