The 2000 best records of all-time: listen now, live!

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

The 2000 best records of all-time: listen now, live!

Post by Goliath »

No, this is *not* spam, and I'm not trying to advertise or sell anything. I just want to share some terrific music with all who is interested. If you're a music freak, you might like this. Dutch radio 2 is airing the 2000 best songs of all time, and you can listen to it live on their website, for free (because it's our public radio). They air this from now until December 31 midnight, non-stop!

They air this every year and all listeners can vote on records the weeks before they start. However, this year they counted all votes from the past 9 years (they do it every year), so they counted millions of votes, and made up the ultimate Top 2000! Mostly music from the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's, it also includes pop music from the 1990's and 2000's, as well as much older material. I guess about 90% of it is American/British records, the other 10% consisting of Dutch, French and German music.

You can listen whenever you want. Just go to: www.radio2.nl and click on "Luister Live" in the upper-right corner. From time to time, a DJ will briefly interrupt for the latest news events, and to read listeners' e-mails. Next to the 'Top 2000' logo, you will see which record they're playing. Click on the word "hier" to the left of the two arrows to see the complete list. You can also select a list for every hour, but this is set on local time.

Enjoy!