Buffy/Angel Fans?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Buffy/Angel Fans?

Post by PeterPanfan »

Haha, I'm sort of on a Supernatural Show kick. :P

I know there are threads debating whether Buffy or Angel is better, but this is a discussion.

I've only JUST seen the first season of Buffy, and loved it, though I think I like Charmed a little bit better. I haven't seen Angel yet. My favorite characters are Willow and Buffy.

Anyone else watch?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Buffy - Season 6 Review now up! by Disney-Fan, created September 18, 2006 - despite the name of the thread, it's essentially the all-purpose "Buffy" discussion thread.

Buffy vs. Angel by Prince Phillip, created September 19, 2003

And for the campy movie that started it all...

Anyone else seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie? by Gregorian Chant, created July 29, 2005

Anyway, I always preferred "Angel" to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Buffy gets better with each season. I don't mind the first season but it's not as interesting to me as later ones. Just wait until you meet Spike, Drusilla and my favorite Anya :)

Watch Season 2, it brings back all the main characters from Season 1 and adds in more characters to enjoy.

I'd comment on the Angel series but I've actually never seen it before.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Wow I think I forgot to review season 7! Oh well...
If you're loving season 1 I just can't imagine the reaction you'll get from later seasons. It is in my humble opinion that the show constantly improves up until season 5 (well, it might stumble a little in season 4) and from season 5 onwards is morphed into this one big serialised story. For me, the later years are the most enjoyable and it'll be interesting to hear your opinion. As for the everlasting debate of Buffy vs. Angel? I'd take Buffy over Angel for two reasons. Angel, even at it's most lighthearted moments still takes itself way TOO seriously. Add to that the fact that I find the concept of his show to be a complete rip-off of what Xena established as a show and I much prefer Xena.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I haven't seen any Angel, but I've been watching Bones, which has David Boreanz in it...

I was watching Buffy when the show first came out, and I got to season 2 or so and stopped for some reason. I just picked up the Chosen Collection from Amazon's deal of the day (69.99) so I'll give it another go.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I can't ever pick on between Buffy or Angel. I love both so much, and they had such great things going for them.

One of the things though that I loved so much about Angel was watching Cordy grow as a character. She easily became one of my favorites. Angel grew as a character also, I think. He went from just being broody on Buffy to actually having a personality, which took awhile to get used to at first. But definitely the Cordy part was my favorite. :p

And Buffy... well, it's freaking Buffy! lol. I love all the characters you meet on that show, and I love how Joss always brings them all back and it gives you a sense that these people do live in a real world, where even the most obscure people/characters get at least somewhat acknowledged. The most insignificant character you meet in season 1 can be brought back to have a major role later on and you're like... "Oh! I remember you!" and it's pretty awesome. :)

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!