Britney Spears Documentary

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Britney Spears Documentary

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I was just wondering if any of you caught the new Britney Doc. that was on last night?

I was pretty interested in it, so I watched MTV for the first time in years. Overall, I thought it was alright. I feel bad for her with the way her life is now, but at the same time, I don't cause she let it get there.

Thoughts?

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

I really wanted to see this but I don't have cable channels at the moment :(. I hope it gets uploaded soon.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

So it wasn't hosted by Jack Perkins or Peter Graves, and narrated by Walter Cronkite? I'd watch if it it was.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I watched Britney: For the Record. I thought that it was a neat glimpse into her life, and, as the text on screen before the show started said, no question was off-limits, and no question was left unanswered.

There may be spoilers below, so if you haven't watched the show yet and want to be surprised, then I guess stop reading here!

I liked how she was really honest about everything. I read that Kevin Federline was saddened by Britney saying that she married him for the "feeling" of it all, or however she put it. It made me sad to see her sad, like when she was talking about how she feels sort of trapped. It made me happy, though, to see her with her friends, like when she was getting ready to go out on Halloween, and her dad scared one of Britney's kids with his monster clown costume.

It's interesting, because her dad realizes that performing is the best thing for Britney, because that's what she loves to do. A lot of articles, though, or newsmagazines on TV, are saying that maybe Britney isn't ready to perform. I don't think that she's as good (dancing-wise) as she used to be, but I'm so glad that she's out there doing her thing, and she's better than she was at this point last year. I just hope that she's having fun. I watched her on "Good Morning America" today, and she did a great job (but what I just wrote applies- her dancing isn't nearly as good as she was years ago, but she still put on some good performances).

Also, Britney said in the documentary that artists will have some great performances and some not-so-good ones. I'm assuming that she was talking about her 2007 VMA performance. She didn't go more in-depth about that, though. One of the clips was her in the car with someone who was talking to Britney about some MTV show about her, and Britney asked if the 2007 VMA performance was on the show, and the person said no, that the show ended with the Madonna kiss. I wonder how Britney felt about that, and how she feels about that performance. Does she really just view it as a not-so-good performance? I applaud her for that, I guess...I mean, she went out there and performed, and even though it was kind of embarassing, I guess she's just taking it in stride and realizes that it just wasn't her best performance, nothing more, nothing less.

I hope that some non-fans watch the special. I kind of want my mom to watch the documentary, because she's always been harsh about Britney, saying that she can't sing, and last year she was like, "She's just a talentless alcoholic" or something. I've been trying for years to show her that Britney is talented...if only the nay-sayers could see the real girl behind all the glamour, and see that Britney even says "I'm a smart person...what the hell was I thinking?", and then they can know that she's not as crazy as they all think she is.

I thought that it was pretty awesome of Britney to allow the documentary to be made, and to just show people a glimpse of her life, and to acknowledge that she was in a bad place...everyone has bad times in their lives, and just because Britney's was in the public eye doesn't mean that people should be so harsh.

*edit*
Oh yes, and Britney mentions dancing...I don't remember exactly what she said, but about how dancing is her passion, and dancing is her release, or whatnot. It's interesting, because lately, her dancing just hasn't been as impressive as it used to be. She's in great shape, so I think that it might not have to do with physical limits (but, of course, I don't know). I wonder why her dancing just isn't up to what it used to be. I'd say that her heart is in it, if dancing means that much to her. Any thoughts?