Ghost Whisperer Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Ghost Whisperer Discussion

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Hey everyone, I was surprised to find that this thread didn't already exist. I was just wondering if anyone is a fan of this show? I'm a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan but haven't seen more than a couple of episodes of this. I have the first two seasons on DVD which I think I will start watching today.

Also, I was browsing Amazon and came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Whisperer-C ... 33&sr=8-13

Apparently there's a comic book of it now? It only seems to be a few issues in. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm pretty excited to start watching, I've been wanting to get into this show for a while now. Hopefully I can get through them soon so I can watch Season 3 when it comes out next month!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So, I've spent the entire day watching GW, got through the first 8 episodes. I gotta say, I'm really liking the show. I've always been a sucker for women involved with the supernatural. Men and the supernatural... not too much. And I'm gay, go figure. (Unless it's Angel) :p

I'd already seen about 3 or 4 of the episodes I watched today, I didn't mind sitting through them again. I must say though, I couldn't help but crying in one of the episodes, Homecoming, that dealt with the death of the an adopted teen.

While so far it seems to be a "ghost of the week" sort of format, I hope that it gets bigger story arcs throughout the season and, obviously, the series.

While I don't know exactly where this shows story goes, I've always wanted to see Joss Whedon write for this show. Must be the similarity I see that it shares with Buffy.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I'm a "Ghost whisperer" fan too. At the moment there are reruns of the show because of the summer holiday, which I don't mind since I missed a great part of the first season.So I finally found out why Melinda has another partner in her antique store in the second season.

Yes, it seems that every episode is about 'the ghost of the week', but gradually the series will develop towards something more complex: Belinda is going to battle evil spirits that want to collect souls , keep them away from the light (have you seen the episode with the airplane crash already?).

I also watch Medium which I think is not only good because of the supernatural suspence, but because it also gives a warm look into Alison Dubois' family life.
At present there is a similar British series on Dutch TV called 'Afterlife', also with a medium called Alison. Bit this one is a bit sad: this Alison is a very lonley person with several trauma's and she meets with scepticism and scorn every time, despite the fact that it's obvious she does have a gift and that she can help people.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Finally! A response! lol

BelleGirl wrote:Yes, it seems that every episode is about 'the ghost of the week', but gradually the series will develop towards something more complex: Melinda is going to battle evil spirits that want to collect souls , keep them away from the light (have you seen the episode with the airplane crash already?).
No, I haven't... thanks for spoiling it!! lol jk

Yeah, I'm 16 episodes into the first season, and it seems like there is definitely something coming after Melinda soon, so that looks pretty exciting!

You know, I'd always thought of this as a good show even when I didn't watch it regularly, but now I'm just totally sucked into it!

I love Siren!
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Ghost Whisperer is my new favorite show. I can't wait for season three to come out on DVD, and of course for season four to air! I NEED TO KNOW WHO DIES! :( lol
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Vermin Friends wrote:Ghost Whisperer is my new favorite show. I can't wait for season three to come out on DVD
Agreed! I'm totally hooked on this now! I just hope I have money to spare when it's released.

Vermin Friends wrote:and of course for season four to air! I NEED TO KNOW WHO DIES! :( lol

GAH! No spoilers, please!!

I love Siren!
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

My wife just added the Ghost Whisperer comic to her pull list. We havent picked it up yet though. I think #1 came out last week.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Mr. Toad wrote:My wife just added the Ghost Whisperer comic to her pull list. We havent picked it up yet though. I think #1 came out last week.
Awesome! Let me know if it's worth picking up!

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So I just finished watching the S1 episode "The Vanishing". Great episode!!! This is what I've been waiting for! The show is finally getting to a point where it's about something bigger than Melinda just dealing with the ghost of the week.

I've got 2 episodes left of Season 1, let's see how they go!

I love Siren!
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

xxhplinkxx wrote:So I just finished watching the S1 episode "The Vanishing". Great episode!!! This is what I've been waiting for! The show is finally getting to a point where it's about something bigger than Melinda just dealing with the ghost of the week.

I've got 2 episodes left of Season 1, let's see how they go!

The series will return to 'ghost of the week' for a while, but something bigger is sure to come. I wonder hoe season three will be, if they do not come up with new story twists the series may run out of steam.

**spoiler alert*** Something with disasters connected worldwide and truamatised children and also something with Melinda's dad.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

The new season of GW is on Dutch TV now...with some new revelations about Melinda's father. begin spoiler***:The man she always thought was her father, is not***end spoiler.