Desperate Housewives Pre-Season 4 Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Desperate Housewives Pre-Season 4 Discussion

Post by Ting Ting »

Well, it was bound to come up eventually, so I figured it might as well be me that starts it.

Since Season 3 is done and over with, what are your predictions for Season 4? Will Edie really be dead? How will Carlos feel? Will Gabrielle stay with Victor? What about Bree and her "pregnancy"? What's up with Susan and Mike? Oh, and will Lynette blow her top with madre en la casa?

DISCUSS!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The only thing setup in the finale that I'm looking forward to is Lynette's relationship with her mother. Can't wait until Stella meets Ms. McClusky. And I wonder what they have in mind for Susan's storyline next season. Let's hope it's not marital problems; I'm sick of her love-life. :roll:

As for Edie, I think she's probably not coming back. Sheridan already expressed wishes to leave Desperate Housewives, so this is her chance to do that.

Overall, season 3 was a huge improvement over season 2. Let's hope season 4 keeps it up.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Jasmine1022
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jasmine1022 »

Prince Ali wrote:Will Edie really be dead?
Yes. She has been wanting to leave and have a private life with her fiance, Michael Bolton.
Prince Ali wrote: How will Carlos feel?
Confused, sorry, and definitely at least a little bit hurt.
Prince Ali wrote:Will Gabrielle stay with Victor?
I think she will. She knew about his jerkishness and all that before she married him. He's always been a jerk, and she married him anyway. I think she'll stay, but have an affair with Carlos (or at least sleep with him again)
Prince Ali wrote:What about Bree and her "pregnancy"?
Somebody will find out about Danielle. I don't know how, but someone is going to discover that she's pregnant. Maybe she'll just tell someone when she gets back that it's her baby, not Bree's.
Prince Ali wrote:What's up with Susan and Mike?
What? They are finally together after three seasons of waiting for it. There will be an issue, but I hope that for a while, it's smooth sailing for them. They both need it right now, and I think we're all tired of Susan's crappy love life.
Prince Ali wrote:will Lynette blow her top with madre en la casa
I think something is going to happen to Lynette's mom. Lynette and Tom will begin to appreciate her being there, and then something is going to happen. I also think that Lynette is going to forgive her, because I don't think Lynette can stay mad forever, especially if her mom really has changed for the better.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I really hope Edie isn't dead, but logic tells me that she is. But come on, it's Desperate Housewives, anything can happen. Carlos will feel bad about it, regardless of the actual outcome.

I agree Jasmine, there is a 0% chance that someone doesn't find out about Bree's fake pregnancy. It would just be too boring for someone not to.

I also think that Susan and Mike should have a little time for a happy marriage before something happens. Give them a little peace!

I am looking forward to seeing more of Lynette's story with her mother. However, I am really tired of Tom's other daughter. She's so smug and such know-it-all, it makes me sick. Maybe they could write in a like mother, like daughter scenario for her.

I think that Gabrielle will eventually leave Victor (at least I hope). He's such a creep and she could do much better.

I'm looking forward to what happens next.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Oh my gosh! This thread is hilarious! :lol: Last night was the season finale of season 3 and already we're talking about season 4! I guess it's never too early, huh?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Nope! But, I would also like to add that I really hope next season (hopefully early on) that we get a return from the all-time best Desperate Housewives character, Felicia Tillman.

Hear that, writers?
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

lord-of-sith wrote:I would also like to add that I really hope next season (hopefully early on) that we get a return from the all-time best Desperate Housewives character, Felicia Tillman.
I second that motion! Felicia needs to come down from the mountains or wherever the heck she ended up and stir up some trouble!
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

YAY! Only 3 more months until the Season 4 premiere!!

Yeah, I know, I need to get a life..... :lol:
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:As for Edie, I think she's probably not coming back. Sheridan already expressed wishes to leave Desperate Housewives, so this is her chance to do that.
Evidence currently points to the contrary, which, I guess, is a good thing since maybe we can here from Edie why she had the sudden out-of-character urge to hang herself from the neck. :roll:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Just now seeing this thread... I think Gabrielle and Carlos will inevitably wind back up with each other, meaning she and Victor won't last long.

I have no idea what the writers will do with Susan now. They've had her do one thing for three years: chase Mike. Now that she has him, it's going to be interesting to see where both those characters go. My hope is that those two are entangled into some sort of dark conspiracy like they were in Season One.

I expect things to take a darker turn in general, actually. The second half of this season has been pretty light. With Bree back, that should change quickly.

I'm hoping to see the return of both the Youngs and the Applewhites.

Not sure what to think about Lynette right now. Now that Disney's Divinity has said it, I can't wait for her mom to meet Mrs. McClusky either.

And yes, I think Edie is dead. I wish she wasn't, but given the real-life reports coming from Sheridan, it seems like it's a done deal. Maybe they're developing a suicide motif... every three years, a housewife will commit suicide in a different way, with Bree's fateful game of Chicken ending the fifteenth season.

-Aaron
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Evidence currently points to the contrary, which, I guess, is a good thing since maybe we can here from Edie why she had the sudden out-of-character urge to hang herself from the neck.
Well, Edie was looking out the window before she hung herself, so maybe she had called Carlos up (for some reason or another, like getting some stuff he left) and waited until he was walking up the drive to commit the act. Then, he'd be there to save her and he'd "ideally" feel ashamed for leaving her, just like she wanted. That would be entirely in-character for her, considering she goes to any means to get what she wants.

But, even if that isn't the case, I don't find it out-of-character for Edie to commit suicide at all. Since the series began, every relationship/person she's semi-cared about has left, not worked out or died. Martha Huber, her failed attempts to grab Mike's attention, Karl (sp?), the suspicions that Mike's a murderor, and then Carlos left her. What little we've learned about her proves that she isn't afraid of going the full mile in anything she does. Even suicide.

And, maybe, she had a little shame. I mean, being a drunk, manipulative, tramp for a mother doesn't exactly seem like the best life. :wink:
Maybe they're developing a suicide motif... every three years, a housewife will commit suicide in a different way, with Bree's fateful game of Chicken ending the fifteenth season.
Maybe that's sort of like how something violent always happens in episode 7. First, mother Solis' hit-'n'-run, then Gabrielle's tragic fall down the stairs (and subsequent miscarriage), and, finally, Nora's being gun downed in a super market.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

AwallaceUNC wrote:I'm hoping to see the return of both the Youngs and the Applewhites.
After the really weak season long storyline and the upset fans, I don't think we'll ever see the Applewhites again.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Anthony wrote:
AwallaceUNC wrote:I'm hoping to see the return of both the Youngs and the Applewhites.
After the really weak season long storyline and the upset fans, I don't think we'll ever see the Applewhites again.
You could at least say it nicely:

*In Mrs. Doubtfire voice* "Now, dear, it would be quite nice, dear, if the Applewhites, dear God bless them, did return, dear, that we would have a wonderful celebration when they came back, dear. However, dear, even though the Applewhites might have been nice, dear, I don't believe, dear, that we would ever see them again, dear oh my you have gotten taller haven't you, dear? because, dear, the fans of the show, bless their buttons, that, dear, they did not quite enjoy them because, dear, of the weak season long storyline, dear, and since that, dear, they will probably never be broadcast again, dear." */In Mrs. Doubtfire voice*

Much better, don't you think, dear? Oops, sorry! :P
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Applewhites returned to Wisteria Lane. I don't think it was the Applewhites that viewers didn't like, it was their story. It would be interesting to see them return, just as long as the producers don't center the entire season's storyline around them again.
Jasmine1022
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jasmine1022 »

Okay, am I wrong? I heard that Nicolette Sheridan is ON for next season. I don't know if that means she's alive (i hope not, it would make me sad that they couldn't kill someone) or if she will be a narrator (what about mary alice??) but I just heard that she is on board and I'm wondering WTH that could be about!
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Jasmine1022 wrote:Okay, am I wrong? I heard that Nicolette Sheridan is ON for next season. I don't know if that means she's alive (i hope not, it would make me sad that they couldn't kill someone) or if she will be a narrator (what about mary alice??) but I just heard that she is on board and I'm wondering WTH that could be about!
I heard that too. Nicolette will 100% be back. Whether that means she's dead and a narrator or alive and well, she's gonna be back.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Mmm, yeah, here in Australia we've got a few more episodes left coz we're up to the part in the season where Susan has to choose between Mike and Ian, where Lynette could have an affair, Edie's with Carlos and Victor and Gaby are gonna get married. And Bree's not in it, on her "honeymoon", actually giving birth. I think, from knowing what happens later on, that Edie will definitely be back. As Anthony said, as something, but she won't just be gone like that. And as Aaron said, I think that Gaby and Carlos will get back together. They will, it's ineveitable. And Susan, I think will continue to have more drama in her love life. I don't want it, cause it has been a long time coming for peace in that area, but the writers won't have anything to give her otherwise. Except if something's going on her daughter thoug, which there could be. She should get back together with Edie's nephew, that'd be good. Oh and yeah, I agree Aaron, it'd be nice to see the Applewhites again. I doubt we will, but it'd be nice.
-James
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Wow! Oh, WOW!

Great Desperate Housewives Season 4 behind the scenes of the promo and the promo video is on ABC.com, now! BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous!

Plus, how's this for scoop. Eva Longoria says that someone, "I hope it isn't me", is going to die by episode 6! Of course, it wouldn't be Desperate Housewives, if someone isn't dying. By the way, Edie is in the promo!

Go, now, and check both clips out!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/index.html
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Beautiful promo ... wonderful ... They look stunning ...

I read a while back that halfway through the season someone was to die ... So I guess it's ep 6 or 7 LOL

This might be a hint ... Nathan Fillion ... and John Slattery are not part of the regular cast ... So ... it would be one of them ...

And ... Here is something that will make some of you guys wet yourself in excitement ...

Here are the first promotion stills from episode one ...

Enjoy!
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Sexy promo! All the ladies look fabulous as always! Can't wait! Like the new J. Lo song too.