DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:34 am 
Platinum Edition

You're welcome!

The thing about the tour is that, in order to *try* to get tickets, you need to enter the ticket lottery. Meaning that, even if you want a ticket, you may not be able to get one, due to the high demand. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:22 am 
Limited Edition

Guess what guys, Toronto has been added! It's the Spice City! Officially!Check this out-
Quote:
Hi Everyone

We’re really amazed by the fantastic response to our “Spice City” competition. Thanks to everyone who took the time to get involved.

We set this up to give all our genuine fans the chance to turn their hometown into a SPICE CITY. This was all about making your own city a SPICE CITY and since we launched there have been literally millions of votes for us to play in hundreds of cities including places like Rio, Chicago, Melbourne, Manchester, Paris, Alice Springs, Baghdad, and Diss (in Norfolk England)!

But one city had to win and we are now delighted to announce the winner is... TORONTO. Thanks to everyone in Canada who voted for us to play there - we’ll work out the date over the next few weeks and let you know.

If your city wasn’t the winner this time, then keep checking back to this site and register for updates. Who knows what might happen next?

Lots of love

Excited?
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's exciting for Toronto, I guess. :roll:

I'm not bitter! The world is so large, that the odds of having them come to where we (meaning all of us) live are very small. I wonder if they will add any more dates. The thing is, it is a worldwide tour. On a U.S. tour, for example, an artist may go to 40 cities, covering a broad spectrum of the country. But, on a worldwide tour, an artist doesn't necessarily have the time to do a full tour in each country, so just a snippet of a country is chosen to go to. We can't expect any artist to go everywhere on a worldwide tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey guys, here is the official artwork, posted on the spice girls website-
And here's some info from Tommy2.net-
Quote:
Here’s a sneak peak at the new Spice Girls‘ Greatest Hits artwork (along with their new logo). They have confirmed on several separate interviews that they will be doing a couple of new, or at least unreleased tracks for the album. Believe it or not, the girls were apparently very involved in creating the cover - the jewels were not computer generated, they were real! Over 1 Million Brittish Pounds in precious stones were used in creating the SPICE logo. The S is made from amber and represents Victoria ‘Posh Spice’ Beckham. The ruby pink P is Emma ‘Baby Spice’ Bunton. Melanie C’s ‘Sporty Spice’ letter I is made from a diamond; Geri ‘Ginger Spice’ Halliwell is the C, made from sapphire stones; and the emerald E is Melanie B - ‘Scary Spice’. In a statement on the official Spice Girls’ website, www.thespicegirls.com, the girls said “We have all been involved with the design and are really pleased with it… we hope that you like it as much as we do.”

-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

Very pretty! I wish we had a track listing already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:36 pm 
Collector's Edition

James wrote:
Guess what guys, Toronto has been added! It's the Spice City! Officially!Check this out-
Quote:
Hi Everyone

We’re really amazed by the fantastic response to our “Spice City” competition. Thanks to everyone who took the time to get involved.

We set this up to give all our genuine fans the chance to turn their hometown into a SPICE CITY. This was all about making your own city a SPICE CITY and since we launched there have been literally millions of votes for us to play in hundreds of cities including places like Rio, Chicago, Melbourne, Manchester, Paris, Alice Springs, Baghdad, and Diss (in Norfolk England)!

But one city had to win and we are now delighted to announce the winner is... TORONTO. Thanks to everyone in Canada who voted for us to play there - we’ll work out the date over the next few weeks and let you know.

If your city wasn’t the winner this time, then keep checking back to this site and register for updates. Who knows what might happen next?

Lots of love

Excited?
-James

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! :o I am so outta of the loop, I can't believe that I am just hearing about this news now! I guess I should keep a watch on this thread more often! This is awesome news that Toronto won! I am so going to see the Spice Girls! :pink: :pink: :party:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 am 
Limited Edition

Ha, I'm happy for you Anthony. Got more info for you though-
Quote:
It was also announced by BBC One Controller Peter Fincham, that the Spice Girls will be performing the Children In Need single for 2007.

That's cool, hopefully they release it as a real single, and they make a clip with it too. That would be the ultimate, right? Oh, and treat this next tracklisting quote from Wikipedia as a rumour, I highly doubt that they'd include three discs, especially the disc of solo stuff, considering they all belong to different record companies and there are more successful singles to include, rather than just their first solo songs. And Spice and Beyond sounds too Dannii Minogue to be real.

Quote:
Tracklisting
Disc One - Spice & Beyond

1.Make You Scream

2.Say You'll Be There

3.Who Do You Think You Are

4.Holler

5.Please

6.Stop

5.Spice Up Your Life

6.Never Give Up On The Good Times

7.Viva Forever

8.To Love You

9.Promise

10.2 Become 1

11.Too Much

12.Wannabe

13.S.P.I.C.E

14.Touching Me (Freak)

15.Let Love Lead The Way

16.Mama

17.What Do You Want From Me?

18.Goodbye

Disc Two - The B-Spices & New Sides

1.Bumper To Bumper

2.Aint No Stoppin' Us Now

3.Outta Space Girls

4.Walk Of Life

5.Adrenaline Rush

6.W.O.M.A.N

7.Spice Invaders

8.Baby Come Around

9.One Of These Girls

10.Take Me Home

Disc Three - Solo Spicial Edition (SPECIAL EDITION COPY'S ONLY)
1.Look At Me

2.I Want You Back

3.Baby When Your Gone

4.What I Am

5.Out Of Your Mind

-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:52 am 
Platinum Edition

Anthony wrote:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! :o I am so outta of the loop, I can't believe that I am just hearing about this news now! I guess I should keep a watch on this thread more often! This is awesome news that Toronto won! I am so going to see the Spice Girls! :pink: :pink: :party:

:) That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:29 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Spice Girls gig sells out in 38 seconds:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a7678 ... conds.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:27 pm 
Limited Edition

Wow. There'd better be some tickets left for the rest of us.
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:40 pm 
Platinum Edition

According to TheDigitalBits, Sony will release a Spice World: Special Edition on November 27. This should excite fans, as it'll finally be available in widescreen in R1.

Scaps

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 am 
Limited Edition

Cool, thanks for posting Escapay. :) The tracklisting for the greatest hits CD should look like this-
Quote:
Disc 1

1. "Wannabe"
2. "Say You'll Be There"
3. "2 Become 1"
4. "Mama"
5. "Who Do You Think You Are"
6. "Spice Up Your Life"
7. "Too Much"
8. "Stop"
9. "Viva Forever"
10. "Let Love Lead The Way"
11. "Holler"
12. "Goodbye"
. Tha's according to EMI. And am I the only one amazed that 13 shows for the Spcie Girls tour in London alone have sold out? 13! That's fricking amazing, I doubt this'll be the last we see of the Spice Girls.
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:51 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Escapay wrote:
According to TheDigitalBits, Sony will release a Spice World: Special Edition on November 27. This should excite fans, as it'll finally be available in widescreen in R1.

Scaps

Oh, thank god!! I can finally buy it now!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 am 
Platinum Edition

James wrote:
The tracklisting for the greatest hits CD should look like this-
Quote:
Disc 1

1. "Wannabe"
2. "Say You'll Be There"
3. "2 Become 1"
4. "Mama"
5. "Who Do You Think You Are"
6. "Spice Up Your Life"
7. "Too Much"
8. "Stop"
9. "Viva Forever"
10. "Let Love Lead The Way"
11. "Holler"
12. "Goodbye"

So there won't be any new songs on the Greatest Hits album?!? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:01 pm 
Limited Edition

Well, that's what been confirmed by EMI. There might be, there might not be. There are heaps of rumours about who's been helping them with new songs and whether there are actually going to be any, so I wouldn't get my hopes up, personally, since there's a chance there won't be any new tracks on it. But it has been confirmed that they will be doing the official single for UK's Children In Need this year. So that's at least one new song.
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Okay, it's official, the new Spice Girls single will be called Headlines, and will double as the Children In Need single. It'll be released a week after the Greatest Hits album. It's been confirmed by both Geri and Mel C in the past day, and is reportedly a classic ballad, and is fantastic. I hope the clip is good, there will also be two other new songs on the album, bringing the total to 15.
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

Yay! If there really will be 3 new songs, then I'll be picking up this CD! :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1571300 ... nson.jhtml

The Spice Girls have cooked up their first single in seven years, called "Headlines," according to BBC News. "It's a Spice Girl classic," Geri Halliwell told the news outlet. We are so proud of it. We started putting words down before we even had the finalised 'yes' from everyone." The Girls' reunion world tour launches December 2 in Vancouver, British Columbia, and will be preceded by their Greatest Hits set, due in stores November 20. ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

One of my best friends got tickets to the show in San Jose, I am SO jealous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:31 pm 
Limited Edition

The Spice Girls will perform Headlines on November 16th at the BBC Children In Need concert, and will debut their video clip for it on the 2nd of November, in the lead-up to the event.
In other news, Move Over may appear on the greatest hits release, which I hope turns out to be true, I liked that song.
-James

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next