Spice Girls Official Reuion- Cancelled DVD and Tour dates :(

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

The documentary "Spice Girls- Giving You Everything" is now up on YouTube, in four parts. It's really good, I recommend all fans of music in general to watch it. It goes through their childhood, goes through their rise to fame, the highlights and downfalls of their career, and more. I'm not sure if the whole documentary is up, because even though, there's four parts, they end without talking about the split, their solo careers and the reuinion at all. Hmmm, I'm thinking there's still about 10-15 mins left, but whatever. Here they are-
PART 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07xqxgmKZj8
PART 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDoXMW4q6i4
PART 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6gHq8P3Ys
PART 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJc5n4BMrM

Enjoy!
-James
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

mikemgmve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by mikemgmve »

jeremy88 wrote:So...I thought I'd bring this nice thread up.

The Spice Girls were on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last night, and they did a great performance. I was surprised they sang the song Stop. I would have thought they would sing a new song or another older one like Wannabe or 2 Become 1. In any case, even though they liped synced they did a good show.

Anyone else catch the show?? Or just the Spice Girls?? lol
They actually performed Stop and Headlines, however only Stop got aired, surprising... but perhaps the special was cut down from 2 hours to 1 hour.

As for the girls themselves, i freaking love them, more than any other act or artist that has ever made it to my ears. They came around at a very important time in my life, and made a huge impact on my life. I can't say I'd even be around if it weren't for their happy positive music that just made me feel good again. I saw them in concert 4 times (san jose, los angeles (x2) and the first Vegas show. Each show got progressivly better, ending it with me feet from them, and having Victoria, Emma and Melanie C all sing directly to me at different parts of the show, as well as having Emma point us out before their big celebration medley. It was a perfect way to cap off my 10 year dedication to them. I'm in love with them more than ever at this point.

Also, as far as Vancouver, I believe it, and San Jose ended up being added before the LA shows (the original start of the tour) so they could do a trial run for fans, get rid of nerves, and what not. The first two shows had a lot of playback used during the shows, with the girls singing live over the playback. But by the time they hit LA, all but 1 song dropped the playback. The show is on scale with Madonna's last two tours (same tour director/choreographer), only put together in 1/3rd the time, which is incredible. The fans scream and are hysterical the entire time for them, it's like you're back in 1997 all over again. It's clear just how immense and impactful these five ladies really were to their fans.

A lot of people don't understand, but in the end, it's a shame, because they won't get to experience what the girls really did their fans. My two older sisters, who enjoy the music, but mostly because of my own love and adoration for them, actually cried at the concert, and how beautiful it all was, especially 'Viva Forever' & "Goodbye."

The girls stated when they announced the reunion they wanted to put on the biggest and best pop concert ever, and they delivered it ten fold. I will forever be a spiceboy in my heart :)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/158088 ... _amy.jhtml

The Spice Girls' triumphant world reunion tour has hit a roadblock. The group announced on Friday that dates in Australia, China, South Africa and Argentina have been scrapped due to "family and personal commitments." The last stop of the tour is now going to be in Toronto on February 26. "Sadly the tour needs to come to an end by the end of February due to family and personal commitments for Emma, Geri, Mel B, Melanie C and Victoria," the group announced on its Web site, explaining that the rest of the dates were canceled "due to the phenomenal demand for tickets in the U.K. and the U.S., along with the touring logistics for such a massive production [that] it was not possible to fit everything in." And though there is rumored tension once again in Spice World, the note ends with the good news that "as the girls return to normal family life and the kids go back to school, they are reviewing all the options, who knows what the future might bring!" ...

I read yesterday (maybe on TMZ?) that Mel C. & Mel B. (or Mel G.?) weren't getting along or something, but that's just a rumor...
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I heard that Victoria Beckham wanted to stop the tour because of her sons and will stop her musical career like for ever, and the others would have liked to finish the tour. That's what they said on German TV.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I heard that Victoria Beckham wanted to stop the tour because of her sons and will stop her musical career like for ever
...And the world breathes a sigh of relief.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:
I heard that Victoria Beckham wanted to stop the tour because of her sons and will stop her musical career like for ever
...And the world breathes a sigh of relief.
Wasn't Victoria the one who was most keen to have a reunion? And now, at the drop of a hat she expects the others to stop just because she wants to? It appears Newton's theory has been disproved. The Earth revolves around Victoria Beckham, not the sun as previously thought.

And the fact that on the video apology she says her kids have to go back to school and the family comes first is laughable. Did she not know the school calendar before hand?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

The tour was only supposed to last a month, it went on for 3, they've just ran out of time, due to other commitments they can't continue. It's nothing to do with Victoria, the media have blamed each girl at some point.

I saw them in London anyway and WOW! what an incredible show
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Bad news guys. The "Return of the Spice Girls" tour will not see an official DVD release. This is official news, it says on their official website-
http://www.thespicegirls.com
I hate this fact, but there are ways we can correct it. Here is a petition, they have got to be seriously stupid if they dont wanna release this, it would sell so much, and they would really make up for not visiting the other places they promised to, namely Sydney! Here it is, sign it.
http://www.petitiononline.com/spicedvd/petition.html
Sorry for bearing bad news.
-James
blackcauldron85

I signed it. That stinks. Why didn't they want to complete their comeback? Did they think that it was a bad idea from the start?
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

No DVD release? Why the Hell not? Especially if they've already got stuff filmed. :evil:
-Joey
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Guys, we've only got 1538 signatures. We're gonna need heaps more for this to be released, we actually have a good shot at this, think of how logical it is to release it, and if they get proof of how many people want it, they're sure to release it.
IF you haven't signed it, please do, this is the best tour the Spice Girls have done, we need both it, and their other tours, and the GYE doco on DVD!
-James
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

There's also a Facebook group you can join to get the DVD out-
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12511812820
Apparently they have 1000 members, so please join it, to show the demand for the DVD, and there's a Spice Girls Bebo appreciation page you can visit/join/add to keep up to date with it.
-James
blackcauldron85

Re: Spice Girls Official Reuion- Cancelled DVD and Tour date

Geri Halliwell Apologizes for Leaving the Spice Girls 19 Years Later
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment ... er-w485191
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was never really mad at Halliwell for leaving. Partly because she was always my favorite of the 5 (then Victoria Beckham)—I even got my mom to buy me her solo album when it came out afterwards.* I still wish Spice Girls had had at least one or two more albums while they were still on top before breaking up.

* I believe Spice Girls were the first group I liked on my own as a preteen. Before that, I was mostly a fan of whatever my mother/sister would listen to (Reba, Faith Hill, Sara Evans, Terri Clark, Shania, Britney, Backstreet Boys, etc.). Spice Girls was the first thing that felt like it was my own as a child. I remember watching their music videos on a constant loop on a free DirecTV channel. And whenever I was stranded at my grandparents’ house (my mother’s parents, who were @-holes and every visit with them was torture), I would listen to SG cassettes in the morning waiting for my mom to pick me up/rescue me, lol. And I still have that awful movie and the poster, lol. And the stickers that came with one of their albums. That was such a long time ago. Excuse my rambling. “Too Much” is still my favorite song, btw.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

I also wish they had more albums (especially more like "Spice World" or "Spice."). It's amazing when you think about the influence they had, even just after "Spice," but including "Spice World." Already iconic, to be remembered forever, after one album.

"Spice World" is pop perfection to me. Most songs on "Spice" are on-par for me to "Spice World" (Wannabe, Say You'll Be There, 2 Become 1, Love Thing, Mama, Who Do You Think You Are), with Something Kinda Funny & If U Can't Dance being just a step below, and with Last Time Lover & Naked not my favorites, but I'd still rather listen to them than listen to a lot of other music, if that makes sense.

As far as "Forever" goes, I've always been underwhelmed by it. I always wanted more albums from them like "Spice World"-- I want them to reunite and make another album (if it sounds like SW, lol). On "Forever," Let Love Lead the Way, Weekend Love, Oxygen, & Goodbye are the only stand-out tracks, with Holler & Right Back At Ya being the only 2 I care about [Holler was played a loton MTV/radio, & they're both fairly catchy]. I don't care about the other songs, they never resonated with me at all.

Oh, and Spice World The Movie = <3. I get so happy when I watch it.
blackcauldron85

The Spice Girls’ Next Project: An Animated Superhero Movie
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/spice ... 202734123/
(via animatedviews.com)

:pink: :pink: :pink: