What trailers played before the last movie you saw?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re: What trailers played before the last movie you saw?

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "St. Vincent":

Interstellar
Jupiter Ascending
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
The Imitation Game
Dumb and Dumber To
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

And once again, I've neglected to post in an appropriate manner. I swear I'll try to be more timely moving forward, but here's everything my eyes caught since July.

The Purge: Anarchy (Adv.): Fandango ad

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Hercules (3D), The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part 1), Unbroken, The Equalizer, The Maze Runner, Exodus: Gods and Kings (3D)

And So It Goes (Adv.): None

Planes: Fire and Rescue: Annie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [2D, despite the film receiving 3D release], Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day, The Boxtrolls (3D), The Book of Life (3D), Big Hero 6 (3D)

Sex Tape: What If, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Step Up: All In, This is Where I Leave You, The Wedding Ringer, The Interview

Lucy: The Expendables III, Into The Storm, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Fury, Dracula Untold, 50 Shades of Grey

Wish I Was Here: Calvary, Magic in the Moonlight, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Laggies, Kill the Messenger

Get On Up (Adv.): Soundtrack ad

Stop Making Sense: The Congress, To Be Takei, God Help the Girl, David Bowie Is...

Into the Storm (Adv.): If I Stay, The Judge

Boyhood: The Hundred-Foot Journey [:30 TV spot], The Skeleton Twins, Magic in the Moonlight, Calvary, Love is Strange, The Trip: To Italy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Adv.): None

Guardians of the Galaxy [IMAX 3D]: Mockingjay: Part 1, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Into the Woods, Big Hero 6, Interstellar [IMAX], Dracula Untold [IMAX], The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies [IMAX 3D]

The Hundred-Foot Journey: Elvis: That's the Way It Is, Magic in the Moonlight, The 2nd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Interstellar, Unbroken, Cinderella, Into the Woods

Let's Be Cops (Adv.): None

When the Game Stands Tall (Adv.): Ghostbusters (30th Anniversary)

If I Stay (Adv.): None

Magic in the Moonlight: The Theory of Everything, Laggies, The Skeleton Twins, The Imitation Game, Unbroken

Guardians of the Galaxy [Standard 3D]: Interstellar, Mockingjay: Part 1, Into the Woods, The Boxtrolls (3D), The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (3D), Big Hero 6 (3D)

Begin Again: Hector and the Search for Happiness, The Theory of Everything, Laggies, The Longest Week, Wild, St. Vincent, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

Ghostbusters (30th Anniversary): Dolphin Tale 2, The Identical, Dumb and Dumber To, The Book of Life, Big Hero 6, Mockingjay: Part 1

The Maze Runner (Adv.): None

Dolphin Tale 2 (Adv.): The Good Lie, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

This is Where I Leave You (Adv.): None

The Guest (Adv.): None

No Good Deed: The Wedding Ringer, The Equalizer, St. Vincent, Interstellar, Gone Girl, Kill the Messenger

The Skeleton Twins (arrived late): The Theory of Everything, The Homesman, White Bird in a Blizzard

Pride (Adv.): None

The Book of Life (Adv.): None

Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (Special Theater Event): No trailers, Subway ad before, 1:30 Rebels trailer after

The Boxtrolls: Spare Parts, Paddington, Annie, The Book of Life (3D), The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (3D), Big Hero 6 (3D)

The Equalizer: Fury, The Interview (Red Band), St. Vincent, Nightcrawler, Horrible Bosses 2, Blackhat, The Guest

Men, Women and Children (Adv.): None

St. Vincent (Adv.): None, unless you'd count the forgettable short film/long-form car commercial in front

Gone Girl (Adv.): None

My Neighbor Totoro: Altman, Pelican Dreams, Interstellar

The Judge (Adv.): None

Dracula Untold (IMAX, Adv.): None

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day (Adv.): No trailers, three Disney-based TV promos

Annabelle: Horrible Bosses 2, Jupiter Ascending, The Best of Me, Saw (10th Anniversary), Ouija, The Interview

Fury (Adv.): None

John Wick (Adv.): None

The Book of Life: Annie, Paddington, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (3D), Big Hero 6 (3D), The Penguins of Madagascar (3D)

The Good Lie (Adv.): None

The Wedding Ringer (Adv.): The Interview

Laggies (Adv.): None

The Tale of the Princess Kayuga: Antarctica: A Year on Ice, The Better Angels, The Theory of Everything, Art and Craft, Diplomacy

Nightcrawler (Adv.): None

Birdman: Antarctica: A Year on Ice, The Better Angels, Diplomacy, Wild
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Before The Mummy/The Wolf Man Double Feature I got these trailers for Canadian Event screenings...

Gone With The Wind
It's A Wonderful Life
In The Gallery: Vikings from The British Museum

-Skyler
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

In front of Nightcrawler:

Into the Woods
Blackhat
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

In front of Big Hero 6 (fantastic! I'll attempt to get into it in its thread later)

Inside Out (the trailer is mostly Pixar pandering instead of revelation about the plot or characters, but that's just fine for fans. Besides, it's not like we need to know too much about it before going to see the movie, right?)
Tomorrowland (I'm pretty interested, but I mean, it's Brad Bird. I also convinced my friend to give it a chance when I said the magic words. :wink: )
The Penguins of Madagascar (I never saw the movies, so I don't feel a tie to this franchise. I did see an episode or two of their show though, which was... okay. Doesn't seem like my thing, though.)
Paddington (oh, this movie is still happening, huh? I used to read those stories as a kid, but this doesn't look like anything special)
The Minions (I feel like the only person who hasn't seen these movies, and I don't really feel like changing that. Unless my hunch is correct and the Minions attempt to be Nixon's henchmen)
Annie (my opinion stays the same for this as it was for the last trailer I saw- looks good for those who want a more diverse Annie, but I have no personal interest since I'm not a fan of the story)
Some Christian rock band movie (guess you can tell how interested I am in this. :P )
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

In front of Big Hero 6 (An amazing movie while not on Frozen level it ranks in my top 5 Disney movies)

Tomorrowland: Looks promising
Minions: Garbage
Spongebob 2: See above, so pissed that they used Guns N Roses' classic Welcome To The Jungle in this trailer.
Penguins Of Madagascar: See above
Inside Out: I will see this
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of Disney's Big Hero 6 (in 3D, unless otherwise noted):

Annie (the 2014 remake; in 2D)
Tomorrowland (in 2D)
Minions
Inside Out
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

In front of Penguins of Madagascar (half of the trailers in 3D, the other half not):

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (in 2D)
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (in 2D)
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (in 3D)
Home (in 3D)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "Big Hero 6":

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
Strange Magic
Spare Parts
Hillsong: Let Hope Rise
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "The Book of Life" (this was at the second-run theater"):

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
The Penguins of Madagascar
Big Hero 6
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "The Penguins of Madagascar":

Spare Parts
Little Boy
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Home
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of the 2014 film adaptation of Annie:

Home (also being released in 3D)
Minions (see above)
Paddington
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "Into the Woods":

Minions
Tomorrowland
Cinderella
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

Saw Spongebob: Sponge Out of Water with my niece. The first Spongebob film that came out more than a decade ago ( :shock: ) was way better for heart and humor, but the traditional animation was surprisingly pretty on a big screen so no regrets.

All trailers were in 3D.

Russell Madness (Some straight to DVD animal movie about a wrestling dog with a monkey as a coach that my theater chain was showing screenings of for two days)
Minions
Inside Out (the trailer that haphazardly shills out all of the other Pixar movies first to tug on heartstrings before marketing the actual film)
Pan
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (in 3D, unless otherwise noted):

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (in 2D)
Underdogs (in 2D, but the film is still getting a 3D theatrical release; this is an Argentine animated film, which was originally titled Metegol over there)
Home (in 3D)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "McFarland USA":

Pixels
Minions
Inside Out
Ant-Man
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of Disney's live-action Cinderella:

Pan (also in 3D)
Home (see above)
Shaun the Sheep Movie
Inside Out (same as the first two)
Tomorrowland
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of DreamWorks Animation's Home (all in 2D, even though the main film was in 3D):

Minions (also being released in 3D)
Inside Out (see above)
Shaun the Sheep Movie
The Peanuts Movie (same as the first two)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I forgot to mention, but these were the trailers I caught for Avengers: Age of Ultron last week (thumbs up for sure, even if I prefer the first)

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (this doesn't look too bad, but I still haven't seen Man of Steel, nor have a strong desire to see either that or this)
Ant-Man (I was more interested when Edgar Wright was involved and when I thought that Janet Van Dyne would be more integral, but I'm still willing to give the MCU the benefit of the doubt and come over. Who knows, maybe it'll be the fun closer to Phase 2 that we deserve)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (I think that I'm the only person on the internet who wasn't totally blown away with this trailer. I'm still not)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

From the Sound of Music rerelease 2 weeks ago (Can you believe that I never saw this before? It's a very nice movie, but I think that OI'll always prefer Julie as Mary Poppins)

Minions (I still feel accomplished that I've never seen any of these movies, and I don't plan to stop that trend with this thing. It looks harmless enough at least)
Far From the Maddening Crowd (I never read the book, nor know much about it, but this looks fine)
The Peanuts Movie (A certain someone constantly heralding this as the next major thing in animation ad nausea has actually turned me away from the movie, to the point that I almost want it to fail. But this does look cute, if nothing else)

And from Mad Max: Fury Road last night (Best film of the year so far! It deserves all the praise it's received)

Spectrum (Considering how great Skyfall is, you don't need to give me much in the trailer for the next Bond outing to ensure that I'll be there. It's a done deal)
Entourage (Meh. I never saw the show, despite my mother's best efforts to get me into it, and the movie doesn't look remotely enticing. If fans are happy though, then that's cool)
San Andreas (Hey, Kalinda Sharma! I won't lie, it's weird seeing a trailer for a movie opening this week, but the film I went to has been out for a little bit now. This looks okay, I guess)