Pussycat Dolls- The Search for the Next Doll 2- Girlicious

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
James
Anniversary Edition

Pussycat Dolls- The Search for the Next Doll 2- Girlicious

Post by James »

Hey guys, I'm a bit embaressed to admit this, but I'm totally addicted to the Pussycat Dolls reality series Search for the Next Doll. I've loved the group and to mix that with a totally trashy reality show is just car-crash TV heaven! So who does everyone think will win? I'll recap who's gotten out-
Week 1- Brittany
Week 2- Jamie
Week 3- Sisely
Week 4- Mariela
Week 5- Anastacia
Week 6- Melissa S.

So it's now between Melissa R. (who is the spitting image of Nicole Sherzinger- the lead singer), Chelsea and Asia. I reckon they'll knock Asia out, because she's ugly and stupid, and it'll be between Melissa R. and Chelsea. Really don't know who'll win out of them, it's a hard ask. What's everyone else's thoughts on it? Oh, and for the uninitiated, here's a youtube package of all the PCD's hits, so you can educated yourself on there unique style of music- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPDdVwW6Cac
-James
Last edited by James on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Never heard of the show, and you are probably the only person who watches it. The Dolls are another example of no-talent, no-brains, and just a bunch of pretty faces. Let's see where they are in ten years.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I, Prince Ali, nominate Sanjaya Malakar to be the next Pussycat Doll!
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

I feel Chelsea will win. From the moment I saw her I told my sister "She's gonna be the next doll". I hope she wins, Melissa would be ok too. I don't like Asia.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I have nothing against the Dolls as performers. I like their music for the enjoyable dance/pop it is.

But I am superpissed that this show is airing while Veronica Mars hangs in the balance.
:pan: Love It.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

dvdjunkie wrote:Let's see where they are in ten years.
Coaching the ninth season of The Search For The Next Doll. :wink:
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I've already seen the Finale, and I watch the show too. I love a lot of their songs and videos as well. I get tired of hearing people who say things similar to what DVDJunkie said in his post. Everyone has different taste and I don't find it really fair to trash one group and say only negative things and praise another because somebody else might think differntly about your fav. group. James, kudos to you for posting a thread here about the show, you should never be embarassed about something you like :wink:
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Bill, obviously I'm not the only one who watches it, otherwise it wouldn't be on the air, would it? Obviously, there a straight guys who want to watch it for hot women, and girls and gay guys like me, who want to watch it because it's such great trash. Sometimes I laugh at how determined they are about this, and me and my brother and sister just look at each other laughing, because it is just the Pussycat Dolls. But it's still pretty good.
And thanks Chernabog_Rocks, for the kudos. Wasn't sure if there were enough people who watched it here, for me to post on it, but I guess there is. And yeah, I never said it was the best thing on TV, but it's great for what it is. Also, I just searched wikipedia for the winner. I won't say who it is (ovbiously), but I'll just say this- damn. Also, surprised to see that they're already getting applications out for the Search for the Next Doll 2. Guess Nicole will leave soon. Hope the DVD comes out soon, Can't wait to see the cover art, I could design such a good one for this show.
-James
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

I wonder if Nicole will have a song on her new cd that feats. the Pussycat Dolls? Instead of doing Search For The Next Doll why doesn't Robyn (sp?) take Nicole's place? She's obviously heavily involved and I've seen her on the cover of the one cd they put out that just had Don't Cha on it.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

this = hilarious.

it sums my opinion on the Pussycat Dolls up brilliantly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKDn6PxuJGQ
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I dont care much for the Pussycat Dolls either. Their music is mostly terrible and annoying.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:I wonder if Nicole will have a song on her new cd that feats. the Pussycat Dolls? Instead of doing Search For The Next Doll why doesn't Robyn (sp?) take Nicole's place? She's obviously heavily involved and I've seen her on the cover of the one cd they put out that just had Don't Cha on it.
Hmm..........she could, but then again, the other PCDs don't really add much to the songs. The PCDs songs are essentially Nicole, with the others back-up, so I don't think there'll be much difference between the albums "PCD" and "Her Name is Nicole". I know that Nicole's first single will be "Steam" (sounds sexy right?) and her second one is supposedly a duet with Rihanna, called "Willing Women" that they recorded for a deodorant called Secret. It's funny because Rihanna supported PCD when they toured the UK recently.
I'm sure that Robin wanted to be in the group, but she was probably told that she was too old. I don't know if the group would've done as well if there was an older, plastically enhanced woman in it. She featured in the Don't Cha clip though, that's probably why she was on that CD you saw.
And guys, if you don't like them, then why post here? You're opinions are fine, by all means, but seriously, why post here? :?
-James
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

numba1lostboy wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:Let's see where they are in ten years.
Coaching the ninth season of The Search For The Next Doll. :wink:
C'mon... that show will never make it past Season 2!

Everyone knows they'll be jockeying for positions as American Idol judges.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Lazario wrote:
numba1lostboy wrote: Coaching the ninth season of The Search For The Next Doll. :wink:
C'mon... that show will never make it past Season 2!

Everyone knows they'll be jockeying for positions as American Idol judges.
:lol:

I wouldn;t be surprised, though...America's Next Top Model has been on the air for seven (?) seasons, right?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

numba1lostboy wrote:
Lazario wrote: C'mon... that show will never make it past Season 2! Everyone knows they'll be jockeying for positions as American Idol judges.
:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised, though... America's Next Top Model has been on the air for seven (?) seasons, right?
It'll never happen. Trust me. :wink:

My money's on AI.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Here is a link that has a lot of info (I know it's wikipedia but it's all I could find right now)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussycat_Dolls

So they have in fact been around for more than ten years already and aren't just new to the scene, they released Sway in 2004 and had a song on the Shark Tale soundtrack ("We Went As Far As We Felt Like Going") I also have to agree with James, why are you posting here if it's all negative? You don't see us posting constant negative things in a thread about your favorite show or band. One thing that makes me mad the most is whens someone says "this is a waste of my time" THAN WHY TAKE THE TIME TO POST IT :lol: it's really ridiculous to post about something you don't like and than complain about having to have posted it when you didn't have to. Ok, my rants done now I respect your opinions and I know not everybody will say "oh they're great" or "I like them too" but why bother posting it all?
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I never knew they had released music before, but i knew they had been around for a while. Don't (or didn't) they have a burlesque show in Vegas?
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

There's a dance group that performs at Caesers Palace, they've been there since 2005 I think. They've also performed the song Big Spender with Christina Aguilera once, I think I saw the video on youtube but it was a year ago I last saw it so I could be wrong.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:So they have in fact been around for more than ten years already and aren't just new to the scene, they released Sway in 2004 and had a song on the Shark Tale soundtrack ("We Went As Far As We Felt Like Going") I also have to agree with James, why are you posting here if it's all negative? You don't see us posting constant negative things in a thread about your favorite show or band. One thing that makes me mad the most is whens someone says "this is a waste of my time" THAN WHY TAKE THE TIME TO POST IT :lol: it's really ridiculous to post about something you don't like and than complain about having to have posted it when you didn't have to. Ok, my rants done now I respect your opinions and I know not everybody will say "oh they're great" or "I like them too" but why bother posting it all?
Here, here. Definitely agree with you there. And yeah that's a pretty good link, I visit that regularly. They've also performed with other big names like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Denise Richards, and Carmen Electra, who was actually in the group for a while.
-James
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Prince Ali wrote:I, Prince Ali, nominate Sanjaya Malakar to be the next Pussycat Doll!
I, Prudence, second this vote! :lol:
That's hot.