RoboSapien: Rebooted

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

RoboSapien: Rebooted

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Wowwee Ltd. today announced that they have joined forces with Arad Productions to bring Robosapien to the big screen. The feature film, which will combine live-action and CGI is targeted for release in 2009.

With worldwide sales of more that 4 million units, Robosapien is the most popular entertainment robot in the world, and has become the standard by which all other Robots are measured. A beloved icon, Robosapien and his Wowwee Robotics "family" are currently featured premiums in McDonald's® Happy Meal® and Mighty Kids Meal® program.

"We are thrilled to be working with Avi Arad," said Richard Yanofsky, president of Wowwee Group. "He is the ideal person to successfully translate Robosapien's lifelike characteristics and endearing personality into a compelling and entertaining story. Watching Arad bring Robosapien to life will be a dream come true."

"The toy industry is my first love," said Arad. "And Robosapien has intrigued me since he was introduced. He has all the right elements to make a family feature film with the ability to touch people on an emotional level."

The former CEO and Chairman of Marvel Studios, Avi Arad, toy industry legend and a self proclaimed comic book fanatic, has been the driving force behind the enormously successful resurgence of movies based on comic book characters.

Arad is the producer of Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3; X-Men: The Last Stand; Ghost Rider; The Hulk; Daredevil; The Punisher; Elektra; and Fantastic Four. He is the executive producer of Spider-Man; X-Men and X2: X-Men United; Blade, Blade II and Blade: Trinity.

Arad is currently working on Bratz: The Movie, a live-action film based on MGA's popular doll line,

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19232
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This all just seems like a big marketing ploy to sell their products. I am avoiding both at all costs.
BackgroundActorman1976
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BackgroundActorman1976 »

One of my coworkers (Jen) is the main photo/body double for the lead actress in Bratz the movie
Be sure to look for me this summer very briefly in Predators