The Chipmunk Adventure

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

The Chipmunk Adventure

Post by Prince Phillip »

Does anyone remember this movie? It was about the chipmunks and the chipettes, as the race around the whole, doing the illegal dealings of these rich people, unbeknownst to them. I remember it from my childhood, and was trying to locate it on Ebay, some months ago, but could come up with neither VHS, nor DVD, the same was true trying to locate it one the web. I finally saw it listed in the TV guide like a week ago, but unfortunately it was to come on a channel I do not receive :( . Can anyone help me? Does anyone know if this indeed was released on DVD, or if a DVD release is planned?

Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

It was released on VHS, not DVD. I don't know if they plan to or not.

One funny side note, I recall Roger Ebert not liking this film due to too much 'overt sexuality.' lol
kinghlywd

Post by kinghlywd »

Fear not, I have searched far and wide for that movie as well as An American Tail and my days of working at Blockbuster were good to me in one way, I got to order them both through them. They both are only on tape so you will have to give into buying The Chipmunk Adventure on tape as I did. Go and order them at Blockbuster or Suncoast Video. Hopefully now that Universal has been sold, they will realease both titles on DVD for the people like us who love those old cartoons!
If you gotta go, Go with a smile!
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

I just saw this tape yesterday, at a fleamarket, being sold for $5, I passed as I thought 5 was a bit much, but I must admit several times, I found myself being pulled back to that table and wondering if maybe it was worth it. My one hold back, is that I haven't seen it in like 10 years. I really liked it when I was 7, but would I like it now at 17... I don't know if this film would hold the same appeal, I mean disney is one thing, cause their aimed, for the most part at all audiences... Well if it ever comes out on DVD, I'll probably get it, or if I go back to the Fleamarket and happen to see it again, I might take it as a sign and get it. :)
Defy Gravity
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Whoever own the film's rights,tell them to put on DVD in a widescreen special edition with Dolby Digital and DTS tracks,deleted scenes,and the original publicty material,plus an audio commentary.Bring it now.

Other DVD's I'd Like:

Treasure Planet:SE
Freaked
The Secret Of NIMH:WS
An American Tail 1 and 2
Breakin' 1 and 2:WS
Howard The Duck
Dumb and Dumber:SE
Home Alone:SE (deleted scenes in trailer)
Superman 2,3 and 4:Director's Cut (Like the first did)
Superman:2-Disc SE (complete 3hr,14 min version aired in 1994)

G'Day!
BriarRose32

Post by BriarRose32 »

I got my copy on Ebay and it was in really good condition. I loved the Chipmunk Adventure when I was a kid and it is even better today. Hopefully they will put it on dvd soon!
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

The Chipmunk Adventure on DVD March 2nd?

Post by Prince Phillip »

While cruising the net, looking for any other sites that might have more info on the upcoming Aladdin dvd, I stumble across a site that said The Chipmunk Adventure would be available on March 2nd, and it had all these links to places where it could be bought online, but when I clicked on the links, they all said that The Chipmunk Adventure could not be found on DVD.

I continued to search for a little while but came up empty handed. There was a link to the chipmunk website that said the dvd was now available but when I clicked on it and got to the site, the site also said it was unavailable.

So my question is, has anyone else heard the March 2nd rumor, and can they confirm that it will or will not be coming out?

Thanks
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Weird. I'd like to know the answer to this too.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
DarthBoy
Limited Issue

The Chipmunk Adventure

Post by DarthBoy »

Who remembers this great 80's animated movie? I do, i loved it when i was a kid and rented the DVD last month as i thought it was preety good. The soundtrack was good especially the "Girls and Boys of Rock & Roll" and nify animation, it's all good fun.
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

Oh I love this movie. I have it on dvd.
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

I just watched this movie, like, 2 days ago. Very 80s, love it.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I remember Ebert's review of this movie. He hated it because he thought that it was too 'sexually explicit.' I think that was when I stopped taking critic's too seriously. :lol:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I loooove this movie! I didnt know it was on DVD!

Btw, what were his reasons for calling it "sexually explicit"?

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
DarthBoy
Limited Issue

Post by DarthBoy »

Not really, but do you think the bald henchman of Inspector Jamal is gay? cause i noticed he had only one piercing and it was on the right side. If a guy had a piercing on the right side, it means he's gay and if a guy had one on the right side it means he's straight.
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

Maerj wrote:I remember Ebert's review of this movie. He hated it because he thought that it was too 'sexually explicit.' I think that was when I stopped taking critic's too seriously. :lol:
I've seen the movie hundreds of times. How was it "sexually explicit"? I never take movie critics too seriously.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Wow! He took the whole snake dance thing waaay too sexually! Anyways, I LOVE this film! It's easily one of my fave non-Disney animated features! I have the VHS, and I will eventually get the DVD, but the fact that it is only fullscreen makes it less of an immediate priority. Same problem with the Care Bear movies, though I love them and badly want to upgrade from the VHS releases.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

xxhplinkxx wrote:I loooove this movie! I didnt know it was on DVD!

Btw, what were his reasons for calling it "sexually explicit"?
I'm not really sure. I think it was the way the lead male and female chipmunks cavorted with each other? I dunno, it just shows that critics can say really stupid things too. That's how I always looked at it.