Arthur and the Invisibles

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Arthur and the Invisibles

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Yahoo.com has a trailer for the US release of Arthur and the Invisibles. It looks pretty interesting. I'm excited to see it, and not just because Madonna is in it. I'm a fan of animation. Granted, this is a live-action/computer animated hybrid.

The trailer can be seen, here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/arthura ... ibles.html

Arthur and the Invisibles is due for wide release on January 12, 2007. It stars: Freddie Highmore (of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory fame), Mia Farrow, Madonna, David Bowie, Calvin 'Snoop Dogg' Broadus, and Penny Balfour. It is directed by Luc Besson.

Also, here is a link to the official site, which has the official trailer, as well:
http://www.arthur-movie.com/
Last edited by MadonnasManOne on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

This movie does look very interesting. I had no idea what the cast was...lots of A-listers apparently! I can't watch the trailer because my computer is ancient, but I will try to view as soon as possible.

And has anyone seen the posters? IMPawards.com has them up and they are just wondrous.
:pan: Love It.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

It looks like a rental for me.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

numba1lostboy wrote:This movie does look very interesting. I had no idea what the cast was...lots of A-listers apparently! I can't watch the trailer because my computer is ancient, but I will try to view as soon as possible.

And has anyone seen the posters? IMPawards.com has them up and they are just wondrous.
The posters are nice. I really like the design of these characters, and the world that they inhibit. Plus, the animation in the film looks very good, judging from the trailer.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Bumping this thread, as the movie opens, tomorrow. I can't wait to catch this. I've been seeing a great deal of promotion for it, and Madonna was making the rounds on several talk shows, today, as well as on David Letterman, tonight.

Post your thoughts on the film, if you do go to see it.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I'm seeing it tomorrow along with Children of Men! Both look amazing!
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Meh, pass. It just doesn't hold any interest to me at all.

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

First reports are in from those who have seen this movie, and they aren't very happy with it. They say there is too much going on, and the scenes are too crowded with things going on that is hard to figure out what they are trying to tell you.

I am going to see this movie with a couple of my older grandkids tonight, I will give my review tomorrow.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

Doesn't look really interesting to me. It just seems like another CGI movie in a never ending chain of CGI movies.
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

This discussion is about the thoughts of people who have seen the film. If you aren't interested in it, fine. However, this thread isn't a thread for people who AREN'T interested in it. Thank you.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Saw the trailer for it, it actually looks quite nice. Looks like a theatre-worthy film, though with my schedule I may simply blindbuy it instead.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Apparently I was the only one in the world to like this film. :P

I saw it today and thought it was really wonderful. The animation was fantastic! Freddie Highmore never fails, either. The storyline did leave a little to be desired, but the film made up for it in cute humor, great acting, and (as I said already) great animation. If I had two complaints, it would be that the end was a bit hard to swallow and the casting of Snoop Dogg was a little too mainstream. It felt like they cast him just to get more publicity. But, IMO, that disgusting man should be kept as far away as possible from our children.
That aside, it's been a long time since I've been this satisfied with an animated film. Lately, all the CGI films are primarily comedies, and tend to give the impression that we're not supposed to take the film all that seriously (if you know what I mean). This film was reminiscent (at least for me) of the old Disney films before CGI. The movie sure felt like Disney! I was totally drawn in and loved every minute of it!

MM1, Madonna's voice was great! Perfect casting!

All in all, this movie really is a must-see for anyone who longs for something more out of their animated films. I recommend it! Again I say, fantastic animation!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You stole all my thunder...............I was just going to go bonkers over how fulfilling this movie really is. The camera work on the live action stuff is really nice and when it switches to the CGI animation it is flawless. I also thought the ending was a little rushed and they tie up all the loose ends, but all in all, it was probably one of the better movies of this genre to come along in quite some time.

And, MM1, I concur, Madonna's voice fit the character like a glove. It was a surprise.

I will also urge all those who think that if it isn't Disney it is junk, to drop all that they have been thinking in a trash can, and tell mom and dad that you just have to see this movie. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it!!

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

dvdjunkie wrote:You stole all my thunder...
:D Aww, sorry. I'm glad you liked it.
Also, along with the animation comments: the design of the animated sequences were great, too! The costumes, the looks of all the creatures, and the mannerisms of the characters were all great!
Some might say that the animation felt "too crowded" (and I'm assuming this is primarily in reference to the Minimoys' underground village/kingdom) but I'm a sucker for intricate detail, so I loved it!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Well, thanks to the glowing reviews of Bill and numba1, along with MMO's main glowing interest in the film, I think I may have to take back my "I'll just blindbuy it later" comment and make an effort to see the film in theatres! :D

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

MadonnasManOne wrote:This discussion is about the thoughts of people who have seen the film. If you aren't interested in it, fine. However, this thread isn't a thread for people who AREN'T interested in it. Thank you.
Just thought I would post my opinion.
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.