"Heroes" Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

"Heroes" Discussion

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So did anyone watch this on NBC the other night? I love the X-Men and if you do too, this is right up your alley. It was really interesting and I cant wait for this series to unfold through out the season.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I watched it and really enjoyed it. I like it better than X Men, personally. I love the Japanese guy. :P

YETAI!
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

lol My friend loves the Japanese guy too.

I saw the show and am amazed! I'm really excited to see the rest of the season. If you check out the official site on NBC.com, you'll see there's one last 'hero' that we haven't been introduced to yet.
So far, we have:
Peter and/or his brother- Flight
Hiro- Teleportation/Time-Bending
Isaac- Sees the future through his paintings
Claire- Wolverine-esque healing powers
Mohinder and Simone don't seem to have powers

...and Nikki. But I don't fully understand what her power is...but whatever it is is pretty intense. My friend thinks she's going to turn out to be a villian of sorts. I don't think so.
My friend also thinks it's Peter's brother that has the powers, not Peter.
I think that both of them have the power, but they have to be touching to use it. That's why Peter says his brother is the only one who will understand his 'dreams.'

Also...is Claire really adopted? And what is up with her dad??
:pan: Love It.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

numba1lostboy wrote:lol My friend loves the Japanese guy too.
Suupaaa Hii-ro!!! :D
My friend also thinks it's Peter's brother that has the powers, not Peter.
I think that both of them have the power, but they have to be touching to use it. That's why Peter says his brother is the only one who will understand his 'dreams.'
The one on the ground swooped up to catch his brother, without them touching... Also, the brother slipped out and started to fall. The preview showed him in a hospital bed, so he may *NOT* be the one with the powers... If not, I predict that he will keep trying to discover his own powers, so he will be out of his brother's shadow. He *may* turn to the side of the villains in promise for super powers, or he may end up killing himself, either accidentally (trying to fly again, etc.,) or intentionally, since not only is his brother "all that," BUT he can fly, as well!!
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Well Peter said in his dream that 'sometimes he's flying, sometimes he's falling', so I think he might have flying abilties, but right now his brother's the only one with them (BTW Peter's bro is Nathan).

Cheers,
Cheers,
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Loved this show and caught both airings! Can't wait for more!

I was thinking, the first time I saw it, that they were killing off Peter to give his brother this big hero inspiration, ya know? But then they showed the clips of him in the hospital. I'm glad they didn't kill him, but then I was wondering if he didn't have powers. However, I just realized something. Remember him saying that he was hovering when he tried to get out of bed that morning?

I think some of these characters might turn out to be villains. Not a clue which.

The show reminds me very much of Unbreakable meets X-Men, which is cool. I love Smallville but I'm glad this show isn't similar to Smallville at all. I mean, except for the developing superheroes subject. This show seems like it MIGHT move a lot faster with that aspect anyway, and there's that whole conspiracy angle they're about to throw in....
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Just Myself wrote:Well Peter said in his dream that 'sometimes he's flying, sometimes he's falling', so I think he might have flying abilties, but right now his brother's the only one with them (BTW Peter's bro is Nathan).

Cheers,
I suck at names on stuff like this...

Maybe he has telepathic powers with his brother, and it was actually his brother's dream!

Or, maybe Nathan can not only fly, but *HE* has the telepathic powers, and he projected his dream to Peter (and the time that Nathan was hurt, as well...)
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I thought Heroes was way better then Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip because I really liked the story and the characters.
Yes it seems like X-Men mix up with Lost.
Now Heroes will be on my Monday must watch list!!!!

But I think that women that sees herself in the mirror will become the villain in the show.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Well, I can add "Heroes" to my growing list of disappointments for the new fall shows ("Brothers and Sisters" was the first, and the second episode of "The Class" was second.)

I personally thought Studio 60 is eons better than Heroes, mainly because during the entire Heroes pilot, I was checking the clock waiting to see when it would be over, but while watching Studio 60, I barely took my eyes off the screen and wished it didn't end when it did.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Escapay wrote:Well, I can add "Heroes" to my growing list of disappointments for the new fall shows ("Brothers and Sisters" was the first, and the second episode of "The Class" was second.)

I personally thought Studio 60 is eons better than Heroes, mainly because during the entire Heroes pilot, I was checking the clock waiting to see when it would be over, but while watching Studio 60, I barely took my eyes off the screen and wished it didn't end when it did.

Escapay
I have to wait until Friday to see Heroes, which I have recorded.. however I still hold out high hopes for it. The only new show from this season I've seen so far is Jericho which seems like it could be interesting, but it'll take a few more episodes 'til I know for sure.

I have no idea what Brothers and Sisters is about, though I've seen far too many posters for it around the city (even in the subways) to have much faith it's any good (plus the ads are so annoying)... the really good shows never seem to get any publicity. Plus the similarity its title has to Sons & Daughters which was unfairly schedueld on and cancelled by a crappy network fills me with irritation that makes my watching it even less likely. Also, I'm not a big Calista Flockhart fan (in fact, I'm not one at all).

New shows aside, I'm mostly anticipating the few returning shows I enjoy that weren't cancelled. Primarily Monk, Lost, The Office, My Name is Earl and 24... and I still curse those who cancelled Arrested Development.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

No one is mentioning all the new shows on Fox. There is Standoff with Ron Livingston of "Office Space" fame, Justice, the new Jerry Bruckheimer television show about lawyers, Vanished which got the jump on NBC's "Kidnapped" by about three weeks, and is a pretty good show. The problem now is that Fox is airing the baseball playoffs and World Series over the next month, so we won't be seeing any of these shows until after that is all over. That really sucks, because "House" has been really good so far.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

dvdjunkie wrote:No one is mentioning all the new shows on Fox. There is Standoff with Ron Livingston of "Office Space" fame, Justice, the new Jerry Bruckheimer television show about lawyers, Vanished which got the jump on NBC's "Kidnapped" by about three weeks, and is a pretty good show. The problem now is that Fox is airing the baseball playoffs and World Series over the next month, so we won't be seeing any of these shows until after that is all over. That really sucks, because "House" has been really good so far.

:roll:
Well, nobody's probably mentioning those FOX shows 'cuz it's a safe bet about 80% of them will be cancelled due to low ratings, which will almost inevitably be due to constant pre-emption in favour of sporting events. Coming from someone who's not a sports enthousiast and has no interest in watching them on television (in person is sometimes enjoyable), I personally can't stand FOX. I find it odd they never seem to realize that the shows they cancel due to low ratings are usually pre-empted for sports andd have their schedules moved around all the time. As it stands, I don't see anything new of interest on FOX this season... which is kind of a blessing, really, as if I had taken an interest in any new FOX show its probability of cancellation would've risen to 100%.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

dvdjunkie wrote:No one is mentioning all the new shows on Fox.
Well, considering the fact that this thread is called "Heroes" Discussion

Anyways, I've seen episodes of Standoff and bits and pieces of Vanished. Standoff is good, but Veronica Mars returns next week, so my Tuesdays at 9 are filled.

I hate baseball, and hate that House will be pre-empted for a month because of it...

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Escapay wrote:Well, I can add "Heroes" to my growing list of disappointments for the new fall shows
Agreed. I'll give it a few episodes before I cancel it in my mind, but the whole pilot dragged on and was really boring. Such a shame since the concept has a huge amount of potential.
Escapay wrote:I personally thought Studio 60 is eons better than Heroes, mainly because during the entire Heroes pilot, I was checking the clock waiting to see when it would be over, but while watching Studio 60, I barely took my eyes off the screen and wished it didn't end when it did.
Me too! I was like: "That's it?! I want more!". The show seems really fun, yet serious at the same time. The characters are rich and compelling and everything seems to mesh together really well! Can't wait to see the rest of the season.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I really enjoy Studio 60 and have commited to it for the rest of the season, most likely because I love Aaron Sorkin and the show's genius. Also, to Junkie: Vanished started on August 16th, the same night as Bones season premiere (a show I love). It may have started before Kidnapped, but it was created after Kidnapped and rushed through production, and imo is far weaker. Kidnapped is pretty cool, but after two episodes I'm still skeptical about comitting to it.

Anyway, my little off-topic semi-discussion is done. Back to Heroes.

Cheers,
Cheers,
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Disney-Fan wrote:Me too! I was like: "That's it?! I want more!". The show seems really fun, yet serious at the same time. The characters are rich and compelling and everything seems to mesh together really well! Can't wait to see the rest of the season.
Give it time! it was just the first episode :P Some can even agree that the first X-Men movie moved kind of slow (but I love every second of it! :D ) Just let the characters and story develop through the season. I bet it will be so addicting.

Anywho, my thoughts on Claire (Cheerleader) and her adopted father (who seems to be the villain so far) I think he found her biological parents and had something to do with them dying because he knew their daughter was special and wanted to use her for his own sick and twisted plans. But, thats just my theory. :lol:

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

I enjoyed the first episode of Heroes, and I would give it a B+. Those of you who were disappointed, keep in mind that the pilot is two hours split over two weeks. Monday's episode could bring the show into focus.

Hiro is easily my favorite character, but the others have some potential.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So we've seen episode 2 and Niki still confuses the hell out of me. It got pretty graphic too, I wasnt expecting to see all those open heads or the woman stabbed onto the stair bannister. I definately hate Claires "father". And what was up with Jackie (the other cheerleader who said she was in the fire) taking the glory for that? what a b***h. Im definately hooked and its only on the 2nd episode lol. Cant wait to see how it unfolds. :D

I love Siren!
GloomyEeyore
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GloomyEeyore »

I really like this show, I understand all of the powers, but I don't get Nikki's, her power confuses me I can't figure it out.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Yeah, I'm definitely hooked on this show now too. I can't imagine thinking the first episode dragged. However, I would have liked more out of the second episode. Still, it delivered quite a lot. I tried to catch some of Studio 60, but it didn't really "grab" me.