Ultimate Disney Movie & Media Awards 2006 - CEREMONY

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Ultimate Disney Movie & Media Awards 2006 - CEREMONY

Post by AwallaceUNC »

<center>Image Image</center>

<i>Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the 2nd Annual UltimateDisney.com Movie [And Media] Awards. All the stars of Hollywood, TV Land, and UltimateDisney.com are gathered on the red carpet and in the hallowed seats of Off-Topic Hall to reward the best in quality entertainment from the year 2005. Now, please make welcome your host, Aaron Wallace.</i>

Aaron: Hello, everyone, and welcome to the 2nd Annual UltimateDisney.com Movie Awards, where this year, we add other Media to the fray. Jack did a wonderful job with the show last year, and I'm honored to fill that role tonight.

It was a dark year at the box office, as capes, cloaks, and a man in black ruled the roost. There was War between Worlds, Sin in the City, Revenge by the Sith, and backs were broken atop mountains, amongst a host of other Hazzards. Indeed, Hollywood looked like one big collision course, as some crashed weddings and others <i>crash</i>ed critics' predictions. Things were looking pretty Grimm.

Fortunately, the doom and gloom didn't get in the way of progress: Herbie finally earned his Racing Stripes. Reese Witherspoon walked the line while Adam Sandler walked the longest yard. Even penguins marched, while Chicken Little had a Flightplan. There were creatures all around, in fact: squid, whales, lions, were-rabbits, sharkboys, boogeymen, and a monster-in-law.

There was plenty of fun to be had, of course, thanks to Dick and Jane, and plenty of matrimony. Mr. & Mrs. Smith went on a Wedding Date while Johnny Depp got Hitched to a Corpse Bride and The Mask had a Son. A 40-Year-Old learned to Be Cool and Batman finally began. Of course, King Kong's performance wasn't as Fully Loaded as Peter Jackson had expected, but Steve Martin was around to prove that remakes and sequels really do come cheaper by the dozen.

Along the way, things really got Derailed. Constantine hoodwinked Madagascar and the Sahara while Robots inherited the Kingdom of Heaven. A Cinderella Man Bewitched Four Fantastic Brothers with his Family Stone while a Constant Gardner with a History of Violence learned to Get Rich or Die Tryin', taking a fashionable Sisterhood as a Hostage to a Beauty Shop on an Island surrounded by Dark Water. Talk about your Bad News Bears! And to think it was all Because of Winn-Dixie.

I Saw II movies starring Liam Neeson and even more that prominently featured music, but too much Potter had left movie-goers Sky High and Rent's Producers in tears. Turns out only Willy Wonka had the golden ticket in that department.

I know that's a lot to run through in a short span of time, and I've probably left you Red-Eyed and in a Fever Pitch, wondering "Are We There Yet?" Almost. If you're feeling lost, we have on hand an Interpreter and a Guide to the Galaxy to assist you and a Pacifier for the particularly obstinate. It's all even been Chronicled in a Geisha's memoirs and a Mad Black Woman's diary.

But we can't forget what went on in the world of television. Malcolm was still Lost in the Middle and it might have looked like nothing had changed in TV Land, but ABC was no longer Desperate for hit; they had 3, and when it came to Wishes, so did NBC. Fortunately, they didn't go so far as to hand an Extreme Anatomy Makeover to an Apprentice, or else Grey might be in Jeopardy. A Family Guy did Scrub his way back on the schedule, but who Everwood'a thought that the OC would fall in ratings and One Tree Hill fall prey to an Idol? Simon Cowell showed his contestants some (Will &) Grace this year, but Martha Stewart and Matt LeBlanc didn't fare nearly as well. To be sure, TV had its fair share of misfires, but we here at UD know it's a Suite Life and a Smallville after all.

Good Night, and Good Luck.

-Aaron
Last edited by AwallaceUNC on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Yay! The awards are here! What a fun and clever opening. Keep the fun coming!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

A great start to the awards. I see Madonna is even attending these awards. She's sitting right next to Amy Grant, and they are chatting it up with Mickey Mouse and Mr. Incredible!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Please welcome lord-of-sith to join me in presenting the awards for Supporting Actors and Actresses in Television & Film.

lord-of-sith: Because an actor's name is billed first, doesn't always mean that they truly steal the show. In fact, an actor in the supporting role, while having to play secondary to the lead actor, has the best opportunity to steal the show.

Aaron: That's right, and there's even more room for stardom in the world of television, where ensemble casts force awards ceremonies to pick one name out a group of truly deserving performers.

The nominees for Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series are:

<u>Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series</u>
Sean Hayes ("Will & Grace")
Tom Amandes ("Everwood")

<u>Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series</u>
Betty White ("Boston Legal")
Megan Mullally ("Will & Grace")

....And the winners are:

Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally, both for "Will & Grace"!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

The crowd is extremely upset about Betty White losing out to Megan Mullally. I think Betty just threw her purse at Megan!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

lord-of-sith: And the nominees for best Best Supporting Actor & Actress in a Feature Film are...

<u>Best Supporting Actor</u>
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
Ian McDiarmid (Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith)
Liam Neeson (Batman Begins)
Liam Neeson (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

<u>Best Supporting Actress</u>
Ilsa Fisher (Wedding Crashers)
Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardner)
Tilda Swinton (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

...And the winners are Ian McDiarmid for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Tilda Swinton for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Most people consider film art, but tonight, we honor the people who take scissors to it, and the fruits of their labor:

The nominees for Best Editing of a Feature Film are:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

....And the winner is:

• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Please welcome Zoltack!

As a little kid I remember my family and I gathering around the television for dinner. We would always watch game shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune trying to answer the questions or puzzles to our best knowledge. What makes a good game show anyways? Is it the loud noises and bright lights? Those may contribute, but I think the best aspect of a game show is the game show host and their personalities.

The nominees for Best Game Show Host are:
Alex Trebek ("Jeopardy!")
Bob Barker ("The Price is Right")
Meredith Viera ("Who Wants to Be a Millionaire")
Pat Sajak ("Wheel of Fortune")
Richard Karn ("Family Feud")

And the Nominees for Best Game Show are...
Family Feud
Jeopardy!
Price is Right
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

...And the winners are...

Bob Barker from "The Price is Right" as Best Host and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire for Best Game Show!
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Nothing against silent movies, but they don't stand a chance in our next categories. That's right, it's time for the awards for Best Sound and Best Sound Editing. You might think that <i>White Noise</i> would be a shoe-in for a category like this, but it's not even nominated. The following movies, however, most certainly are:

The nominees for Best Sound in a Feature Film are:

And the nominees for Best Sound Effects in a Feature Film are:
Batman Begins
King Kong

...And the winner is....

Star Wars:Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars:Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, respectively ;).
• Twitter - @aaronspod
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Come on, man. We need more wins for Narnia.

Go! NARNIAAAA!!!! Go!

*eagerly awaits the rest of the ceremony*

:tink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I've just gotten an exclusive interview with Richard Karn.

Luke: Richard Karn, how does it feel to have won the honor for Best Game Show Host in the prestigious UD Media Awards?

Richard Karn: Actually, I didn't win. Bob Barker did.

Luke: You're joking, right? Can we see the trophy?

Richard Karn: I don't think so, Tim.

Luke: My name is Luke.

Richard Karn: In that case, I don't think so, Luke.

Luke: Thanks for the interview. Ladies and gentlemen, Richard Karn, who did NOT win the award for Best Game Show Host.

Back to you, Aaron!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Nobody likes a blabber mouth, but we here at the UD Movie & Media Awards are going to give an award to one of them anyways, and one of their shows too!

<u>The nominees for Best Television Talk Show are:</u>
Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Late Show with David Letterman
Live with Regis & Kelly
The Oprah Winfrey Show
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

<u>And the nominees for Best Television Talk Show Host are:</u>
Conan O'Brien
David Letterman
Ellen DeGeneres
Jay Leno
Regis Philbin

...And the Best Television Talk Show is... "Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show. And you know what, its host, Ellen DeGeneres wins for Best Host too!

Coming Up Next: The Awards for the Movie with the Best Costumes & Make-Up. Stay tuned!...
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Oh man! I really love Regis & Kelly and wanted them to win. Ellen is going to give them the shaft at the Emmys comin up soon too again. I'm mad too because Regis & Kelly are coming to Niagara Falls and all the tickets were taken right away. I hope I can win some tickets to go see them when they come next month though.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Does anything stand a chance in the Costumes department against a movie with the word "Wardrobe" in its title? Let's see... and check out which film's make-up was the most impressive as well...

<u>The nominees for Best Costumes in a Feature Film are:</u>
Batman Begins

<u>And the nominees for Best Makeup in a Feature Film are:</u>
Batman Begins

And the winners are...

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for Costumes and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for Make-Up too!

When the UD Movie & Media Awards return: the awards for Best TV Movie and the Best Actor and Actress in one of them...
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Our next three categories put into the spotlight the phenomenon that occurs when our two subjects of the evening -- television and movies -- merge. Generally, the combination is considered to be a degeneration of both mediums, but occasionally, the results are quite positive, and the UD body has elected a few such productions that it deems worthy of recognition.

<u>The nominees for Best Television Movie are:</u>
Elvis
Kim Possible: So the Drama
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
Now You See It...
The Proud Family Movie

<u>And the nominees Best Actor in a Television Movie are:</u>
Will Friedle (<i>Kim Possible: So the Drama</i>)
Tahj Mowry (<i>Kim Possible: So the Drama</i>)

<u>And finally, the nominees for Best Actress in a Television Movie are:</u>
Alyson Michalka (<i>Now You See It...</i>)
Christy Carlson Romano (<i>Kim Possible: So the Drama</i>)

...And the winners are...

Best Television Movie - Elvis
Best Actor in a Television Movie - Will Friedle for his voice portrayal of Ron Stoppable in <i>Kim Possible: So the Drama</i>
Best Actress in a Television Movie - Christy Carlson Romano for her voice portrayal of the title character in <i>Kim Possible: So the Drama</i>

<i>Stay tuned to the UD Movie & Media Awards for the presentation of the Best Book-to-Feature Film Adaptation</i>
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome everyone's favorite Disney kid: Disneykid!

<i>Some of the greatest stories ever told come from the world of literature. The genres of fantasy and science fiction hold many of the best-loved and most imaginative of these stories. With the film medium, the chance at seeing such fantastical events unfold can become a thrilling experience. The following films were all based on popular novels that stimulated the reader's imagination and transported them to worlds that only the mind can dream up. The nominees are: </i>

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Adapted from the Roald Dahl novel)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Adapted from the C.S. Lewis novel)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Adapted from the J.K. Rowling novel)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Adapted from the Douglas Adams novel)

...And the winner is...

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, based on the classic novel by C.S. Lewis and brought to the screen by Disney/Walden Media under the helm of director Andrew Adamson!
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Ya the UD Media Awards are finally here!
I know Escapay usually does this but... Dancing Elephants!!!
:pink: :pink: :pink:

Looks like it's going good so far with an excellent introduction.

Party on!!!
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Great introduction!! I was honestly blown away!! :o :o
More NARNIA wins, pleeez!! :D

On with the show!!
:pan: Love It.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

As Aerosmith once sang, "Pink, it's my favorite color..." When it comes to our next presenter, I think we can all agree with them! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Ms. Pinkrenata!

<i>Whether integrated into the film itself or an addition to the end credits, an original song is most successful when it complements the mood of the work in which it is included. Out of the nominees in this category, we have a quirky Broadway-style revue concerning the end of the world as perceived by dolphins, a look at a magical world through the eyes of a child, as well as an imaginative and equally eerie ditty in praise of the owner of a famous chocolate factory. As the voters have decreed, all three songs do an excellent job in creating a fulfilling cinematic experience.</i>

<u>Nominees for Best Original Song in a Feature Film</u>
"So Long & Thanks For All the Fish" - Joby Talbot (<i>The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy</i>)
"Wonka's Welcome Song" - Danny Elfman (<i>Charlie and the Chocolate Factory</i>)
"Wunderkind" - Alanis Morissette (<i>The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe</i>)

<b>...And the winner is...

"Wunderkind" by Alanis Morissette from <i>The Chronicles of Narnia</i>!</b>
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thank you, Renata for that lovely presentation, and to everyone here in attendance for their enthusiastic support. Congratulations also to tonight's winners thus far and to the nominees as well, for nomination itself is truly an honor.

Now, we take an overnight intermission, in which the guests are welcome and even encouraged to gossip about the proceedings. Just keep things nice (that's an order ;)). We'll pick up where we're leaving off now sometime tomorrow!

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod