The iPod News, Recommendation, Help, & Discussion Thread

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

anyone know any good cases for an ipod nano 3G??
~Ryn~
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

http://www.iskin.com/nano_overview.html

I have their case for my 5.5G 80Gig and it rules.
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

does anyone have this case?
http://cgi.ebay.com/for-APPLE-IPOD-NEW- ... dZViewItem

this is the case that i think i am leaning towards getting. is it any good??
~Ryn~
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

potterrules93, If you aren't going to be taking your iPod out of the case frequently, I recommend the iskin case. iSkin makes an excellent product.

However, if you will be removing your iPod from it's case a lot, I would go with one like in your link. I used the iSkin cases until recently, when I got an iHome docking station (which requires case removal). Now, I have a case similar to the one in your link (I got mine at Walmart), it is easier to take my iPod in and out of this case.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

CJ wrote:potterrules93, If you aren't going to be taking your iPod out of the case frequently, I recommend the iskin case. iSkin makes an excellent product.

However, if you will be removing your iPod from it's case a lot, I would go with one like in your link. I used the iSkin cases until recently, when I got an iHome docking station (which requires case removal). Now, I have a case similar to the one in your link (I got mine at Walmart), it is easier to take my iPod in and out of this case.
Funny. I have my iHome too and I've gotten putting it into and taking it out of the case down to a speedy science.
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

i do plan on taking it out of the case often because i have a ihome look alike..lol..i just hope the new nano wil fit into it..will it fit into something that is just about identical to an ihome??
~Ryn~
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

DaveWadding wrote:Funny. I have my iHome too and I've gotten putting it into and taking it out of the case down to a speedy science.
I applaud your iSkin skills, Dave. :clap: I am all thumbs when it comes to removing and putting on the iSkin. Maybe I need to practice some more before giving up on the iSkin completely. :)
potterrules93 wrote:i do plan on taking it out of the case often because i have a ihome look alike..lol..i just hope the new nano wil fit into it..will it fit into something that is just about identical to an ihome??
You will probably need to read your manual to be sure.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

My birthday is in three weeks, and I'm deciding on whether to ask my parents for the 16 GB iTouch, or the 80 GB iPod Classic. Which do you reccomend?
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

I personally would go for the iPod classic, because it seems more like a regular iPod/portable mp3 player, whereas the iTouch seems like a mini-computer, which is cool, but I figure if I was going to get another iPod, I would just want it to play my music and videos, play my games, and display my pics. I wouldn't really use the internet and stuff on the iTouch.
UDer #3495 :D
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

^ But see, I would be using the internet and YouTube apps alot. I think I'm going for the Touch. :)
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

PeterPanfan wrote:My birthday is in three weeks, and I'm deciding on whether to ask my parents for the 16 GB iTouch, or the 80 GB iPod Classic. Which do you reccomend?

iPod 80G. I love it!