Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:48 pm 
Limited Edition

MovieMusicals.net wrote:
I GUARENTEE you will NOT hate this movie! It's brilliant. Better than the recent Disney films we've gotten.

You will NOT be disappointed in buying this film!

I beg to differ. In a word, Anastasia is disposable. You'll have a good time if you end up enjoying it, but you won't die if you don't see it. It's not essential viewing. I would go for it if you have found it with two other DVDs for that price. That's a very good deal. The only way I will even possible consider buying it on DVD is if it comes out in a great Speical Edition with extras that even surpass Disney's latest 2-Discers. :lol:

1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:03 pm 
Special Edition

Like I said, I disagree. :lol:

If you like musicals, it IS essential.

If your only an animation fan, it's up to you. Like I said, you won't be disappointed in seeing it, as it is not a BAD film. It's GOOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:47 pm 

I like this movie alot. Havn't seen it in years but I bet I'll still rate it highly and was a definate return to form from mr bluth.

The animation is gorgeous too. The style and deep colours really make this film stand out. The songs make this film work. They could of been awful, but they are pretty good.

Rasputins song is easily on par with "be prepared" by Scar. And thats something.

Better recognise sucker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:45 am 
Limited Edition

The ending sucked big time. She should have kept the crown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:09 am 
Limited Edition

The soundtrack sounds nice. I should rent the film. I heard At the Beginning on the radio. Donna Lewis has an interesting voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:11 pm 
Limited Edition

I liked the film a lot, but always fast-forward through Rasputin's song (as much as I love Jim Cummings) every time I watch it. I'd still love to upgrade to DVD though, wish I'd seen it it at that cheap price at Wal-Mart!

She has a gorgeous character design. She's definitely in the Disney vein, but there's something about her that sets her apart and makes her unique.

I love the banter between her and Dimitri; not something you often see in an animated film.

It sorta made me feel cheated by the movie to know that the real Anastasia apparently disappeared forever. Then there was that lady that claimed to be her, but forensics proved otherwise (although I wonder how accurate the findings were). Such a tragic real-life story and we have a fairy tale from that? Something's wrong here. Still, the ending made sense for the film and I enjoyed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Sunset Girl wrote:
there was that lady that claimed to be her, but forensics proved otherwise (although I wonder how accurate the findings were)

I don't think they were accurate at all, IMO. I still believe Anna Anderson WAS the real Anastasia. She just knew too much private stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:42 pm 
Limited Edition

That whole dress ripping scene was ripped from Cinderella another scene that makes my blood boil. The movie set me up to believe she would be royalty again and be with Dimitri then it let me down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
Like we've never seen a dressed ripped before on screen... Sheesh! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:15 pm 
Limited Edition

She could have stayed at the party. Lousy ending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:02 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Love or riches and fame? Some people would rather just be loved by one person then be in the limelight.

The movie was about Anastasia finding out WHO she was. She found out, she was the daughter of a fallen empire and had but one surviving family member that loved her dearly. But she was no duchess. She was Anya. She wanted to be with the one she loved. She bowed from the spotlight. She disappeared again. She didn't ever want to be this great ruler or want to be famous. She just wanted to know where she came from and she did. She didn't want the attention that such a life would give her, she wanted love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

and she did so wrong :lol:

Imagine to be the King...
or queen on girls case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:28 pm 
Limited Edition

It was a let down to me. I don't think Disney would have ended it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

bradhig wrote:

Have you seen Little Mermaid? She left her family, her own species to be with the man she loved. Like Anastasia's grandmother, Triton accepted Ariels decision with the love of a caring parent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:57 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

but he was a rich guy...
or he was thinking "Finally if this girl mess it up again will not be my problem" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:02 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Isidour, the issue is love. Not money. If Anastasia wanted money, she'd stay with her grandmother. Look at that crown she had. It had to be worth millions to billions today. It was just bathing and soaking in diamonds. She could have been rich. She chose to live happily with Dimitry. Rich in love. Not to mention, JUST because she didn't stay in Paris wouldn't mean she wouldn't be rich.

"Dear Grandmama...Dimitri went on a gambling spree again, Pooka needs to be neutered, and I need new shoes. In your next letter, could you enclose $10,000 dollars in small bills? Love you so much, your granddaughter, Anastasia"

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:13 am 
Limited Edition

my chicken is infected wrote:
Sunset Girl wrote:
there was that lady that claimed to be her, but forensics proved otherwise (although I wonder how accurate the findings were)

I don't think they were accurate at all, IMO. I still believe Anna Anderson WAS the real Anastasia. She just knew too much private stuff.

Exactly how I feel. Funny how certain people were willing to believe her until they found out they'd have to share their fortune with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

bradhig wrote:

Not to mention, that's what makes Bluth superior in some ways to Disney. He takes more risks. He goes darker. He is willing to try something new, and yet still be traditional in animation. Disney ended Pocohontas with John Smith being shot and going to England and she stayed behind and many cried foul. You are the first person I have heard who was disappointed in the ending to Anastasia, but to say Disney wouldn't have ended it that way is trite. Disney does their own thing and Bluth does his. It's not about a race to see who has a better ending. It's about Bluth coming up with his own ending. Since as far as we know, Anastasia either died or hide away, it only made sense for the movie to end with her running off, to hide from fame and remain anonymous. For the people who believe Anastasia lived through that night, they believe she chose to go into hiding. Likely for her own safety. And before she died, she wanted the world to know she did make it out alive, but that's still somewhat up in the air. I have no opinon on if she lived through the massacre or not. So many stories have circulated, it's hard to tell which is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:24 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I know that love is the issue, not money. But I don´t really think that everyone would do that.I eman, with all that money you could search for him/her and ask her/him to marry you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:27 am 
Limited Edition

Didn't Anastasia hide when her entire family was assasinated. I'm not sure how many daughters the Tsar had. In Nicholas and Alexandra, the entire family was assasinated at the end of the movie.

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08