Volltron Legendary Defender on Netflix

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Volltron Legendary Defender on Netflix

Post by bradhig »

I don't have Netflix and the show looks horrible. They ruined the princess by making her look like Zelda now instead of the old version that looked like Princess Aurora. They put pilots in the wrong lions and won't put the cross on Voltron's chest. This looks like typical Hollywood reboot /reimage garbage and they raped my childhood with this.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Volltron Legendary Defender on Netflix

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I inexplicably started watching this last week despite not being a fan of space robot ship shows (Transformers, Gundam, etc. take your pick). Just going to say ahead of time, that I know almost nothing about Voltron as a property before this version…. I won’t comment on which is better or worse, because I don’t know and don’t have the interest to watch older iterations.

Anyway, I knew instantly that this had to be related to the creators of Avatar/Korra not just because of the designs, but the characters/story. I’ll say it does remind me almost too much of Avatar at times, but I’d rather see a similar plot strongly developed by proven talent than the usual mess you see in children’s entertainment these days. I’ve run through the 2nd episode of the third season so far, and I don’t feel the show’s hit a slump yet, thankfully. I jumped in at a good time, too, since I read that a 5th season is about to be released on March 2nd; I also read that this show is guaranteed 78 episodes at least by Netflix, which made me happy to know it’ll still go on for a little while more.

My favorite characters are Keith, Allura, and Shiro, but they’re all great. Lance is honestly a much more likable version of Sokka (who was still funny even though I found him to be a jerk character). I’m not looking to be spoiled, but I’m pretty sure they’re setting up a Keith/Allura romance so far based on the episode where they flew off into space together to find out how the ship was being tracked. Plus, with Keith being revealed as part Galra, I can see him and Allura’s union as story echo/mirror resolution to the conflict between her race and the Galra setup in the first episode. If so, I can root for that as a legitimately good canon couple, unlike most shows of this type. They’re developing the relationship very slowly… What’s more, both characters are well-developed individually.

I'd definitely recommend this show to anyone who enjoyed Avatar: The Last Airbender. I wouldn't put it quite on par with Avatar, but this is definitely a funny, quaint show that's worth the time, imo. *shrug*
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I finished watching through the end of the fifth season this morning. This show has really advanced in interesting ways so far. I liked that they introduced the White Lion for Allura since that means Keith can eventually come back. :P

Anyway, at first I was shocked that Zarcon actually died--it was almost anticlimactic--but barely a little way into the next episode and I could tell Shiro was turning into Zarcon. They haven't officially turned him, but it seems like it's going to go that direction. I thought his interactions with Keith were a little aggressive before Zarcon had even died, but then he starts being more domineering once Keith has left and he has total control of the team again. Then ofc the moment they're transforming and he doesn't appear, and then Lance hears him saying something convinced me he's being possessed somehow. I just hope they manage a way for the character not to die, because he, Keith, and Allura are still my favorites.

I knew there couldn't be any way Lotor's heel turn was believable considering in the first ep he appeared he sent the guy who he humiliated in front of the Galra crowd off to some horrible place to be tortured after he pretended to grant mercy in front of the crowd. And then when he and Allura are competing for the White Lion, his "Victory or death!" pretty much confirmed he has the same attitude as his father. I feel like it all has been some long con, because Shiro (who is being possessed by Z imo) has been enabling him every step of the way. Maybe Zarcon's attempts to kill Lotor were all a front to get both Shiro (a young body), the Black Lion, and ideally the White Lion, too. Perhaps they set the plan in motion when Shiro was captured and he was being tested on in the 4th season. Doesn't seem like Haggar could have been in on it. Who knows.

Speaking of Haggar, she became much more interesting after the flashback showing Zarcon and Honerva. I was actually kind of rooting for her and Lotor's guards to take over the empire, and she become Empress. She's outsmarted most of the protagonists more than Lotor/Zarcon, and she'd be a much greater threat than either of them could be if she took charge. Anyway, I'm doubting the Allura/Keith thing I talked about before now. Lance has become a better character, more than just comedy relief, and I like the idea of them together, too. Well, I'm looking forward to the new episodes in June. I'm happy this series still has 33 episodes at least. They're doing a good job with this slow burn towards the end.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

They made the princess look like Elsa in Zelda's dress because she was designed by makerting people not creativity They turned Pidge in to a girl horrible because of greed and lazy people like the rest of hollywood that have no creativity anymore just reboot ,reimage , remake everything. I feel like those people that hate the Star Wars Prequels but the same way about Voltron Legendary Defender. They make every other Voltron fan while they make me suffer with this abomination