All topics on all things Marvel.
2099net
Signature Collection

Hulk: Limited Edition Box Set

Post by 2099net »

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... did=158776
Limited Edition 3 Disc Release For The Hulk

Posted on Wednesday, September 10 2003 @ 18:38:57 BST by Garry Allen

Universal will be releasing a special 3 disc ultra-limited edition of summer blockbuster The Hulk this November 5th complete with exclusive prints and comics. While the first 2 discs will contain the same specifications as the regular special edition, this version will arrive with an extra bonus disc as well.

Hulk - The Lowdown - An In Depth Look Behind The Scenes Of The Movie - A 45 minute documentary hosted by Sam Elliot & Josh Lucas

Limited Edition 'Money Can't Buy' Prints Of The Hulkified Scene - 'You're Making Me Angry' Scene #84 interpreted from the screenplay by 4 Acclaimed Illustrators from around the World. The prints are contained within a silk covered booklet with an embossed front cover

10 Limited Edition Superior Quality Prints - 10 Unique Pieces Of Storyboard Artwork, very high quality and detail

The Incredible Hulk Marvel comic - Reprint #1

Production Notes Booklet - Will include preparation artwork from the storyboard showing scenery and character development work
Pre-Order http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/224668

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/hulkcollectorset.jpg

Should keep Australian comic book fan Loomis happy.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Really cool, I hope we get something similair!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Oooh, I envy Australia, but the first 2 discs look good enough to satisfy me so it's washing away my envy. ;)
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

I didn't see the movie, but ... is it really worthy of a 3-Disc set?
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Yes! I find The Hulk to be one of the best films of the year as well as one of the best films, period. Despite what the promotional campaign leads you to believe, this movie is a very deep, psychological drama. Pretty much all of the Hulk smashing you see in the trailers comes from the film's last half hour. I'd rank it about equal with Spider-Man, another comic film I love.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Very cool looking set. I was planning on buying this film, but I think I'm going to pass. It just doesn't seem like its going to be rewatchable.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Well, at least rent the DVD when it's released, Jack. You need to see it, if only once.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Disneykid wrote:Well, at least rent the DVD when it's released, Jack. You need to see it, if only once.
I HAVE seen it. Don't you remember, I started the Hulk thread when it was first released? :wink:

Anyway, I liked the movie. I'd give it an A-. But it just isn't something I can see myself rewatching enough to warrent buying it.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Oh, yeah, I forgot! :D I kinda agree, though. The Hulk is a great film, but it's not very re-watchable for some reason. It's one of those movies that you love when you see it, but unlike other films it's the type that you'd rather re-play in your mind than sit down and watch excessively. Still, I'd like to own it because a) I love it and b) I'll have it in my possession whenever I feel like watching it.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Limited Edition: 3 disc Hulk set in Australia

Post by Loomis »

2099net wrote:Should keep Australian comic book fan Loomis happy.
I does and it doesn't.
It is very cool-looking and of course I want it...
...so I preordered this morning :(

More money spent...

...can money buy happiness?
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

This looks really cool but I'm just going to go for the Region 1 double-disc version.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Looks like the UK's getting this set too.

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000083317
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Hard to believe us Americans are even getting a 2-disc set of the movie.The movie bombed here,and you'd Universal would wait a few years for a 2-disc set,because Universal lost over $80 million on the movie,so you'd we would get a non-special edition.But,hey.It's Hollywood.
I also hate Universal for making a full-screen of The Hulk.The movie should enjoyed in widescreen,because of the artistic feel of the movie.

G'Day!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, I got my UK edition today (it's been hanging around the local Post Office for a while now and I only had chance to pick it up today).

As you can tell from the pictures posted around the internet, the actual box looks plastic-ly and cheap. In fact, in real life once it's in your hands it probably looks even worse. But for some reason, it adds to the retro comic book feel, so I'll have to give full marks for the packaging. (It also comes in a solid cardboard box to make sure it's not damaged).

Inside are the following:

The Hulk 2 disc set in it's normal (slightly odd) aramay. As with most Universal titles over here (and I understand over there in America) there is no insert. Hey, why include an insert when you can include an 8-page "Production Notes" booklet as part of the Limited Edition set? The movie only comes with English language soundtracks, meaning that the UK edition has a DTS track.

A (small) reproduction of the original Hulk comic. The size is about the same as an aramay case. Like most of these 'reproduction' comics, it's actually not - none of the adverts etc have been reproduced, only the story pages. It's a shame when Marvel do this, because we know that they can, and do, do full reproductions themselves if they want to.

Both these items are held in the top compartment once the box is opened. This bottom of this compartment flips open to reveal another compartment that holds the rest of the set's contents.

The third disc is simply attached to the top of this compartment by a disc hub. If you don't know, this third disc contains the full 45 minute "The Hulk: The Lowdown" television "Making Of" special. Let's hope this release gives Disney a clue when it comes to releasing a Gift Set for Aladdin (or whatever Platinum-cum-Special Edition is next, should they change their minds again).

In the bottom tray of the compartment are 10 postcard sized prints of storyboards from the film's production, illustrated by many famous Marvel artists. These are actually much better than they sound, and are exceptional print quality.

Also included is a Booklet on "Don't Make Me Angry" (Scene 84 in the movie apparently - perhaps if the set included a copy of the film's script we would actually care about the scene number). This is basically 4 Marvel artists taking the original script and drawing their own comicbook version. The booklet is square bound and again the print quality is surprisingly good. Oddly, while the artists are introduced, we don't see a reproduction of the writing they were given. I suppose we're supposed to remember the scene from the film and compare the results to that.

Finally there is a smaller staple bound "Production Notes" booklet. This does feature a lot of text, but I've not read it yet. Hopefully it will include information not available on any of the three discs in the set. While this is to all intents and purposes an insert for the aramey, there are no chapter listings.

So there you go. Considering the price (I paid about £4 more than the normal 2 disc set) I consider it money well spent - if only for the third disc which I am looking to seeing enormously. I've not actually seen the film either.