What Complete Season Set Did You Just Watch?

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Oh, well I guess I did just finish Clone Wars volume 1, I forgot about that one!
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Just watched Smallville Seasons 1-3
Dark Knight Rulez
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

I finished watching the first season of "24". I bought this set because it was only $20 at Sam's Club, and a few people I know suggested that I check it out.

The DVD contained a minimal amount of extras, but the show makes this a set worth owning. This set was probably the best blind buy that I have ever made and was well worth the money.

Right now I am working through:

Frasier: season 1
That 70's Show: season 1
"24": season 2
The Shield: season 1
King of Queens: season 1
American Chopper: season 1
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

King of the Hill - Season 1
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I've not actually finished a set for a long time, as I have plenty on the go. I'm actually finding all I do is watch TV on DVD now. I have a pile of film discs; perhaps over 2 foot high; waiting for me to get around to watching. (I know, you don't have to say anything).

Anyhow, here's what I currently have on the go:

ER Season 2. I also have seasons 3 and 4 waiting in the wings.

Angel S5 - I've got about half-way into this, but found my attention failing. A shame as S2-S4 have been exceptional. Looks like Studio interference did kill Angel. :(

The Lone Gunmen - Only had time to watch the opening episode of this (and kudos to Fox for including it) and I enjoyed it enormously. Looking forward to seeing more.

I also have the following on the go, viewing odd episodes when I feel like it Brady Bunch S1, Wacky Races, Flintstones S2, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Dastardly and Muttley and Round the Twist S2

Lined up I have Miracles, Firefly and Tru Calling (Though I may try and sell the latter to buy the UK set that has the filmed S2 episodes included as well).

Finally I just want to put a plug in for Joan of Arcadia - a series I began watching Saturday night and have already seen the first 2 discs. There's more emotion and drama (using the proper definition of drama - rather than just explosions or shouting) in a single episode of Joan of Arcadia than there is in most full seasons of other shows. Plus, it's funny too.

It annoys me when clever, inteligent, groundbreaking shows like this are cancelled and dull, unambitious, formulatic shows like Joey, or most of the sit-com tripe that masqurades as comedy on ABC1 over here, manage to survive. I guess, ultimately, people do get what they deserve. Thank God for DVD - without which I would never have been able to see this amazing show at all.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
shr_fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by shr_fan »

Gilmore Girls season 1

loved it, loved it, loved it :D
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.-Louisa May Alcott
The Lizard King
Special Edition

Post by The Lizard King »

CarnivĂ le Season 1
CarnivĂ le Season 2 (and sadly, the last season :()
Deadwood Season 1
Deadwood Season 2
Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2

TLK 8)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

2099net wrote:Finally I just want to put a plug in for Joan of Arcadia - a series I began watching Saturday night and have already seen the first 2 discs. There's more emotion and drama (using the proper definition of drama - rather than just explosions or shouting) in a single episode of Joan of Arcadia than there is in most full seasons of other shows. Plus, it's funny too.
I only got to see the first few episodes, but from what I, I agree with you. It's on my list to eventually own.

Good to see more Netty posts, btw. I was without internet for almost 2 days, so it was nice to come back and see that you've made some posts!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks. :)

I was only able to catch one or two of the episodes when the show first aired, and it was definitely worth the $20 that I spent on it (introductory offer for Columbia House TV-DVD club). The show alone is worth the purchase, but teamed up with its long list of features it is a must have. If you've never seen the show I highly recomend atleast renting it. The only dissapointing thing about the show is that, for some reason, it only lasted for one season. :(
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I have to agree that Joan of Arcadia is a great show. I'm working through the first season as well. I'm glad I bought. However, I tried watching the second season when it started but I couldn't get into it. I had started watching the show half way through the first season and really enjoyed it, so I'm glad I can now watch the beginning episodes, but the second season wasn't that greta to me. So I stopped watching after the first few shows.

Next week I'm planning on buying Lois and Clark and either Full House or Fresh prince of Bel-Air. Not sure which one yet.

Tabbi <3
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Currently I'm viewing Smallville whenever I can. I saw all of season one in one day on the 21st of May and since then I've been slowly watching season two.

Before that I was watching season one of Gargoyles and before that seasons 2 and 3 of The Simpsons. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

2099net wrote:I also have the following on the go, viewing odd episodes when I feel like it Brady Bunch S1, Wacky Races, Flintstones S2, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Dastardly and Muttley and Round the Twist S2
I recently watched the entire Dastardly and Muttley DVD set myself.

I also bought The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, but have yet to sit down and watch that in it's entirety.

Besides, I have a few more DVD titles coming from EzyDVD, so I'll still be busy for a while, yet.
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

Golden Girls - Season 2
King of the Hill - Season 4
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I'm almost done with Scrubs: The Complete First Season. I've watched every episode and every bonus feature except for the commentaries. It really is one of the best shows on television right now.

Other shows on DVD that I have are:
The Simpsons Seasons 1-4
Boy Meets World Seasons 1-2

I've finished them all too.
- John
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I just finished watching The Golden Girls: The Complete Second Season for the second time. :)
Last edited by Robin Hood on Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Jonathan
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

I just finished watching Friends: Season 3. On to Season 4! :D

:goofy:
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, I've just finished the Joan of Arcadia Season 1 set. And I can say, without a doubt it was the most consistantly high-quality TV series I've ever seen. Most shows have one or two episodes that aren't that good, but the lowest rating I would even consider giving to a JoA episode is 8/10. Most get a 9/10. I also loved the ambiguity of the final episode - 10/10.

But I've not strictly finished. I want to listen to the commentary on the final episode, and I also want to see the featurettes. I'm not that fussed over the deleted scenes.

I'm thankful that I could see this series on DVD (To my knowledge it has not been shown at all in the UK)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Scrubs: The Complete First Season
Bought Wednesday night, finished Friday morning!
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I know you guys will HATE me for it but

Father of the Pride .

It was one of my favorite shows and now it’s gone :( . Also the bonus epp that was only in storyboard was missing Garry Marshall, the animation and John O'Hurley but it was one of the funniest ones on the disc anyway.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Friends - The Complete 9th Season - I sort of slacked off on watching the show during this season when it was on TV. I guess that left me the impression that it was a pretty weak one. In revisiting it and seeing it in its entirety this time, I have to say that that isn't true. Season 8 was tied for the best of the whole run, imo, so it makes sense that while S9 isn't quite that good, it was still pretty strong. Despite what critics say, I don't think it was running into the ground at this point.

It's nice to see Phoebe get some serious attention outside of her funniness. That hadn't really happened since the search for her mom earlier in the show. She is the central character for the middle of the season, and that carries over to S10, even though Rachel/Joey/Ross are focal points on the bookends.

Great commentaries as usual. The bonus features were pretty good, but the "fashion" segment went on WAY too long. I enjoyed the final "Gunther Spills the Beans." There should have been another installment of "Friends in Friends" too.

Can't wait for S10's release. I'm surprised we haven't heard any announcements for it yet. I expect they'll come soon. This one might take a little longer to get out because I imagine there will be a lot of extras on it (or at least I hope).

...There was also Power Rangers S.P.D. Volume 1- Joining Forces and Bear in the Big Blue House - Storytelling with Bear, which I reviewed for the site, and Bear in the Big Blue House - Sense-sational, for which a review is coming soon.
Robin Hood wrote:I Just Finished Watching Golden Girls Season Two, For The Second Time. :D
:up: I'd like to watch them again but there are too many other TV-on-DVDs to watch first!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod