DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:50 am 
Platinum Edition

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,66696,00.html

An excellent read for all those who complain about music replacements on DVD releases (such as Quantum Leap S2).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:50 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the article. It bothers me about replacement music. I would get into it but I haven't been awake long enough to get mad. :P ...I could but I don't want to ruin my day. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sometimes in bothers me, sometimes it does not. In Quantum Leap's case really there was one song they took out that really changed the meaning of the episode. Therefore, spending a couple of bucks more wouldnt have hurt.

As for WKRP, really although the great majority of music was great, I cant think of a single piece that mattered to the episode.

This being my favorite show of all time, I just want it realeased. They can put any music they want in.(As long as they dont replace the end theme music). I am still working on deciphering the end lyrics. :lol:

As for In Living Color, I dont care for dance music, so I didnt noticed it had been replaced. Them fly girls can dance to anything they want. I was devasted about the Vanilla Ice parody being missing though. Really one of the highlights of the In Living Color run.

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yes copyright issues is why a lot of shows had re-runs never put out. Like with the Family Affair tv show.

Post subject: songs in dvds
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:49 pm 
Super Genius

I know that that was one of the (many) reasons for Charmed taking so long to get to dvd. Unless the song is an absolute favorite of mine, I don't notice the difference of songs.
But to replace the theme song, that's not right. That song to Married...was just plain good. It's a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:21 pm 
Special Edition

I have the Dawson's Creek dvds which suffered from a major music change when they went to dvds. I can tell where the songs are different in a lot of places, especially the loss of the main song during the opening credits (Paula Cole, I don't wanna wait). I don't really mind about the song changes because I want my dvds at a reasonable price and I want to show to be released on dvd.