The Nanny - The Complete Series Coming In April!

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

The Nanny - The Complete Series Coming In April!

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

For 6 seasons Fran Drescher played The Nanny on the CBS network, and between 2005 and 2009 the folks at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released three of those seasons on DVD. The sitcom also starred Charles Shaughnessy (Mad Men), Daniel Davis (The Practice), Lauren Lane (L.A. Law), Benjamin Salisbury (Captain Ron), Nicholle Tom (Masters of Sex) and Madeline Zima (Californication). Fans have been craving to get all six seasons of the show on DVD...and now that is happening at long last!

Shout! Factory hasn't formally announced it yet, but a new Amazon.com pre-order listing shows that The Nanny - The Complete Series will come to DVD at last on April 21st! Priced at $149.99 SRP, right now Amazon is discounting it by 30%, accepting pre-orders for it at $104.99 plus shipping (which can be free if you choose the slowest method of delivery) and taxes (if applicable).

Note that this current $104.99 pricetag at Amazon comes to $17.50 per season if you own none of the seasons so far...and if you own the first three season sets then you're getting seasons 4, 5 and 6 for $35 each (plus extra copies of the first three seasons...which you can sell, give to a friend or donate to a worthy cause). Or, you can just ignore that this Complete Series package exists, and wait for Shout! to release the 4th, 5th and 6th seasons down the road as individual season sets...up to you!

Package art, details, and extras (if any) for The Nanny - The Complete Series have not been made available yet, but stay tuned for updates as further developments occur!

Source: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Nanny-The- ... z3OjqT20T9.

:mickana: :rock: :banana: :dance: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :clap: :clap:

This is so exciting! It feels like an eternity since the third season was released! I'm hoping the rest of the seasons will be released individually on that same day, as I have already owned the first three seasons since they started releasing them on DVD, ten years ago :o

Of course I will gladly sell my old copies of seasons 1 - 3 if Shout! includes the original broadcast versions of the episodes!
UDer #3495 :D
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Nanny - The Complete Series Coming In April!

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I had actually looked at the first three seasons on Amazon during the sales during December. I'm glad I didn't pick them up. Of course, I'm not going to buy this right away. I'll definitely wait until the price comes down since it's not going anywhere and it still airs on TV occasionally, but it's nice to know the entire series will be available now.

Besides, getting the first three seasons isn't as attractive because--although I don't like The Nanny as much as The Golden Girls or Mama's Family--this show is similar to those two for me in that the later seasons are funnier.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Re: The Nanny - The Complete Series Coming In April!

Post by Disney Guru »

Already pre-ordered mine, very excited. Right now you can lock in your copy for $104.99 on Amazon great deal.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~