What Complete Season Set Did You Just Watch?

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

What Complete Season Set Did You Just Watch?

Post by AwallaceUNC »

...In the tradition of Disney Movie & Non-Disney Movie! Everyone wants to post what season set they've just watched on DVD and their thoughts on it, but it doesn't really fit in the movie category. Thus, this thread is born.

Once you've watched a complete season set of a TV Show on DVD (episodes, bonus features, and all), come here and tell us what it was and be sure to add some detailed thoughts on what you thought! TV-on-DVD is hot and especially with the DVD collecting crowd like ourselves, so let's get a discussion going. (And if it's one of those single-disc volume things, I suppose that counts too).

I watched all the episodes to Full House: The Complete First Season a couple of months ago, and finally finished the last bonus feature (the House of Trivia text commentary) today. Really a great set! I absolutely love this show and am more than a little anxious for Season Two to at least be announced.

Of course it got stronger as time goes on, but the first season had a lot of edge that got lost in later years, which makes it at least interesting to look at. Of course all the huggable moments were still there and there were even a few teary-eyed moments for me. :oops: It has its fair share of corn, but it was still a strong series, even from the start, and contradictions are at least minimal when compared to a lot of series.

The audio, video, and menus are all pretty good. The commentaries are fun (though the text commentary is a bit repetitive at times) and the decision to include the unaired pilot was a wonderful one.... John Posey is no Bob Saget, that's for sure!

And of course there are the bonus pilots of <i>Growing Pains</i> and <i>Step by Step</i>. :up: Great inclusion (and the GP-FH Cameron Connection earns props too)... can't wait for both of these series to find their way to DVD, though hopefully GP gets cleaned up a bit.

Anyone else wrapped up a season set recently?

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
purplebluelove99
Gold Classic Collection

Post by purplebluelove99 »

Last night we watched Three's Company 2nd Season. And we also watched a bit of The Young Ones the complete series.
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

Last viewed was

Charmed season 1

It's been about a month or so since I watched it, and I'm pretty sure there was no bonus features.

M.A.S.H. Season 7 (Just got season 8)

No bonus features for this either as I recall.

Cheers Season 4 (Need to get 5).

Cheers has a trivia game based on that season's shows.. So far I'm 4-4 on getting them all right .
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
shr_fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by shr_fan »

Garfield and Friends vols. 2 and 3. I love this show, so I love the DVD's but I really wish they would put some special features with these things.
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.-Louisa May Alcott
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Ummmm... I just finished the complete first season of LOST last Wednesday. Does that count? ;)

:lol:
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

In the middle of Super Friends second season.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

I'm currently working my way through the season sets of Futurama (finished 1 recently, going to start 2 tomorrow). This show is pretty damn funny, even somewhat nostalgic for me (as weird as that sounds, since it's only six years old). However, it really brings up memories of watching the series premiere back then in '99.
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Just finished Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law. The episode where Shaggy and Scooby are busted for possession just cracks me up!!! :lol:

Also just finished up Stan Lee's Stripperella, a title that some of you might take offense to. But I think the writing of it's real funny, and the animation is quite. . . oh, I don't know, too cutesy for such a show (especially the second season). It's been a hoot to watch, and Pamela Anderson actually pulls off the voice rather well.

I'm really looking forward to the new Ren & Stimpy set, as disapppointing as the first one was, because it'll have a couple of my favorite episodes, including Stimpy's Cartoon.
Last edited by Sunset Girl on Fri May 27, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Paka wrote:Ummmm... I just finished the complete first season of LOST last Wednesday. Does that count? ;)

:lol:
Well then in that case I just finished the complete third season of Everwood, fourth season of American Idol, and second season of The O.C.. :P ...Actually that's not true... I missed episodes of the latter two.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
PrincessJen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PrincessJen »

just finished Dawson's Creek Season 2 two weeks back and i'm on Episode 3 of Season 3.

I like to watch 1 a week, just like i would if it were still on tv
It's up to you and me, to face our destiny. The jury's here so let's take the stand.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I just finished watching I Love Lucy: The Complete Third Season.
Last edited by Robin Hood on Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Jonathan
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

I Love Lucy: The Complete Fourth Season.
yankees
Gold Classic Collection

Post by yankees »

Just Finished Simpsons season 4

all most done with south park season 5
________
Landlords Insurance Dicussion
Last edited by yankees on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

I just watched The Second Season of Friends. I'm really bored with summer starting so I'm working my way through the series again. It's the only show I have on DVD!

:goofy:
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I'm working my way through season 1 of Charmed and season 1 of Joan of Arcadia.

Tabbi <3
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Right now I am in the process of watching:

Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete First Season
Bernie Mac: The Complete First Season
7th Heaven: The Complete Second Season
Hercules- The Legendary Journeys: The Complete First Season
Star Wars: Clone Wars- Volume One
South Park: The Complete Second Season

starting next week I am also expecting to get:

Frasier: The Complete First Season
Seinfeld: The Complete Fourth Season
Lois and Clark- The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete First Season
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

The O.C. Season 1. It's an awesome show. I can't wait for Season 2.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I just finished watching The Simpsons Season 1 that I started yesterday. Great season with memerable episodes!
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

The last one I finished was I Love Lucy S3 and am now working on S4.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Star Wars clone Wars Vol. I

I can´t wait to get the Vol. II