Jurassic Park trilogy on Blu-Ray?

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Jurassic Park trilogy on Blu-Ray?

Post by Barbossa »

Reading some rumblings on various sites that Jurassic Park might finally be coming to Blu-Ray this year. Is it true? Anyone know an exact date?

Could use a break from superhero and pirates flicks and I'm actually craving a 4th movie in this series. :)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Didn't I hear they were going to make a 4th? Are they still going to?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I remember reading rumors back in '06 that they were trying to make JP4 with JJ Abrams at the helm. I doubt that will happen now, but I suppose a fourth installment with a different director is a possibility.

Still, please don't wait for that to happen before you put a trilogy on BD, Universal! These films would be amazing in high-def, at the very latest put them out in 2013 for the first film's 20th anniversary. I've got my fingers crossed we'll see E.T. come to Blu next year, for its 30th anniversary.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

There are placeholders for it at Play.com. Don't know what that means though...

I'm sure they'll be released, maybe around Christmas, or early next year perhaps...

I doubt a fourth one will ever happen, but it might. I just hope they only do it if they can include previous character(s), like Ellie, Alan etc
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

For a JP4 they must bring back Jeff Goldblum/Richard Attenborough
(or is he r.i.p ???) and Sam Neil
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

It's definitely coming soon. And I would speculate that it will come in a limited edition tin like the BTTF release (in the UK at least) with them both being Amblin/Universal trilogies.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Back in January, we posted word that Universal's marketing director in France revealed that the Jurassic Park films were likely to be released on Blu-ray in 2011. Universal here in the States wouldn't comment. But in recent days, we've been hearing reports from retailers, both here in the States and internationally, that they're now being planned for release in October. A 10/20 street date has even been reported. We've waited to comment on this here at The Digital Bits until we'd heard back from our studio sources at Universal. We can now inform you that Universal here in the States HAS confirmed to us that the Jurassic Park Trilogy is being prepared for Blu-ray Disc release, probably late this year, in time for the holidays. However, we're told that an announcement may be several weeks away, as the studio hasn't settled on a street date yet. Nevertheless, fans can rest easy knowing that the films are indeed coming.
http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Behold:

Press release:
One of the Most Thrilling & Groundbreaking Motion-Picture Trilogies of All Time Roars onto Blu-ray™ with Breathtaking
New High-Definition Picture & Perfect Sound
JURASSIC PARK
All Three Epic Adventures from Filmmaker Steven Spielberg Plus More Than Two Hours of All-New Bonus Features
Available on Blu-ray™ For the First Time Ever On October 25, 2011

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., June 27, 2011 — The wait is finally over to experience one of the most anticipated motion-picture trilogies of all time like never before when Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III debut as a trilogy set on Blu-ray™ October 25, 2011 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Acclaimed filmmaker Steven Spielberg’s award-winning cinematic franchise, based on the best-selling book by Michael Crichton, generated nearly $2 billion combined at the worldwide box office and featured groundbreaking visual effects that changed the art of movie-making forever. Now, all three epic films have been digitally restored and remastered in flawless high definition for the ultimate viewing experience. Additionally, the films’ visceral sound effects and the unforgettable music from legendary composer John Williams can now be heard in pristine 7.1 surround sound. Arriving in stores just in time for holiday gift giving, this collectible three-movie set also features hours of bonus features, including an all-new, six-part documentary and digital copies of all three films that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere. The Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy is also available on DVD, as well as in a spectacular Limited Edition Blu-ray Trilogy Gift Set which includes a custom T-rex dinosaur statue.

“From the moment T-rex first towered over worldwide movie audiences, the Jurassic Park Trilogy has electrifiedfans with its heart-pounding action and awe-inspiring technological innovations,” says Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “With this newly remastered and digitally restored edition, we continue the franchise’s legacy by delivering to home viewers spectacular picture and sound that keeps the films as fresh and visceral now as they were when audiences first experienced them.”

The Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy features an all-star cast including Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Attenborough, Ariana Richards, Joseph Mozzello, Julianne Moore, Vince Vaughn, William H. Macy and Tea Leoni. In addition to the talented cast of actors, the Trilogy features stars of a different magnitude—from the huge Tyrannosaurus rex to the vicious Velociraptor, the Jurassic Park films showcase an extraordinary level of realism and technical innovation brought to life by a talented design team which include: Stan Winston, Live Action Dinosaurs; ILM’s Dennis Muren, Full Motion Dinosaurs; Phil Tippett, Dinosaur Supervisor; Michael Lantieri, Special Dinosaur Effects and Special Visual Effects by Industrial Light & Magic.
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY™ & DVD
•“Return to Jurassic Park” – this six-part documentary features all-new interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.•Dawn of a New Era
•Making Pre-history
•The Next Step in Evolution
•Finding The Lost World
•Something Survived
•The Third Adventure

ADDITIONAL FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™

•BD-LIVE™ – Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch exclusive content, the latest trailers, and more!
•MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
•pocket BLU™: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Plus iPad®owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as: •ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
•VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
•MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
•BROWSE TITLES: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
•KEYBOARD: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.

The following bonus features also appear on the both the Blu-ray™ and DVD:
•The Making of Jurassic Park
•The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park
•The Making of Jurassic Park III
•Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
•Early Pre-Production Meetings
•The World of Jurassic Park
•The Magic of Industrial Light & Magic
•Location Scouting
•Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors In The Kitchen
•The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton
•Industrial Light & Magic and Jurassic Park: Before and After The Visual Effects
•Industrial Light & Magic and The Lost World: Jurassic Park Before & After
•The Industrial Light & Magic Press Reel
•A Visit to Industrial Light & Magic
•Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
•Dinosaur Turntables
•The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park III
•Montana: Finding New Dinosaurs
•Animatics: T-Rex Attack
•The Special Effects of Jurassic Park III
•The Sounds of Jurassic Park III
•The Art of Jurassic Park III
•Tour of Stan Winston Studio
•Feature Commentary with Special Effects Team
•Production Archives: Storyboards, Models, Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Drawings
•Deleted Scenes
•Theatrical Trailers
•And MORE!
And this set will be available:

PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Why can't they release the movies separately? I only want the first Jurassic Park on Blu-Ray. I could care less about the other two films.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Why can't they release the movies separately? I only want the first Jurassic Park on Blu-Ray. I could care less about the other two films.
I'm sure given time, they will release it that way.

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

This is Universal's official Blu ray trailer of Jurassic Park Trilogy. I found this out at www.thedigitalbits.com

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TOrOTlOgflM" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Oy, im not sure I wanna shell out as much as I know these will cost. I mean, with LotR and Star Wars coming out.....sure is a great year for Blu-Ray!
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Ahh man :O

I had the whole trilogy set on dvd, but that was back when i was in 4th or 5th grade so i lost them except the 4th dvd called Beyond Jurassic Park that has backstage stuff :/
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Why can't they release the movies separately? I only want the first Jurassic Park on Blu-Ray. I could care less about the other two films.
So you do care about the sequels?

And man, I hope Universal doesn't screw these up like they do with most of their catalog titles. The first one is a childhood favorite, the sequel is underrated (IMHO) and the third is, well, just good, but nice to have included. Since I still own the DVDs from 2000, there's bound to be some improvement, but I need these to look like films. Hopefully Spielberg was heavily involved.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I haven't seen any of these films completely (I've seen bits and pieces of the first movie) but I'm probably going to get this when it comes out, as at least the first is considered a 'modern classic.'
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

ajmrowland wrote:
I mean, with LotR and Star Wars coming out.....
I felt the same way until the LoTR trilogy came out and it was basically the same as the DVD, nothing special added, and the movies were still split on two discs each, which I thought was really dumb. The extended editions would have been nice to see all on once disc each and then all of the extras.

As it is, you six Blu-ray discs and 9 standard DVD's in the set, so you aren't gaining anything buying it in Blu-ray.

I watched my Trilogy of Lord of the Rings Extended Editions and they upconvert so well, that I am satisfied with what I have and save my money for the Star Wars Box Set and Jurassic Park.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

dvdjunkie wrote:ajmrowland wrote:
I mean, with LotR and Star Wars coming out.....
I felt the same way until the LoTR trilogy came out and it was basically the same as the DVD, nothing special added, and the movies were still split on two discs each, which I thought was really dumb. The extended editions would have been nice to see all on once disc each and then all of the extras.

As it is, you six Blu-ray discs and 9 standard DVD's in the set, so you aren't gaining anything buying it in Blu-ray.

I watched my Trilogy of Lord of the Rings Extended Editions and they upconvert so well, that I am satisfied with what I have and save my money for the Star Wars Box Set and Jurassic Park.
I'm not sure you understand the Lord of the Rings Blu-ray set. The movies are still split on two discs in order to give us the highest video/audio quality available... and let's not forget that each movie has FOUR commentary tracks :wink:

As for the bonus features being just DVDs, well, they weren't filmed in HD or anything so it's not like any quality is lost by putting them on a DVD instead of a Blu-ray disc. Would I have been ok if they were just the movies without the bonus features (since I've already got the bonus features from their original run)? Yes. But this way people who didn't get the Extended Editions the first time around get a chance to see all the excellent bonus material.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Why not put the bonus features for each of the LOTR movies on a single blu ray disc (even though still in standard def)? Blu ray discs could hold it & they could've had 1 blu ray instead of 3 dvds of bonus features for each movie + the blu ray discs are more scratch resistant. You save a lot of space having a 9 disc instead of 15 disc set. Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't they have done that? I understand splitting the movies because of the space for the commentaries (though I'm not big on commentaries & would've rather had the movies on 1 disc but people would've bitched if they dropped the commentaries).
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

buffalobill wrote:Why not put the bonus features for each of the LOTR movies on a single blu ray disc (even though still in standard def)? Blu ray discs could hold it & they could've had 1 blu ray instead of 3 dvds of bonus features for each movie + the blu ray discs are more scratch resistant. You save a lot of space having a 9 disc instead of 15 disc set. Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't they have done that? I understand splitting the movies because of the space for the commentaries (though I'm not big on commentaries & would've rather had the movies on 1 disc but people would've bitched if they dropped the commentaries).
Is it really that important to have the bonus features on a single Blu-ray? Apart from being scratch resistant (DVDs have a long life if you're careful with them too), it's just as easy to use the existing discs and add those. For space it doesn't matter, since all the discs are still housed in a regular sized case.