Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 from Shout!

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 from Shout!

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The fine folks at Shout! Factory are releasing Nickelodeon's Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 this June!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos ... on-1/15107

Thanks so much Shout! Here's hoping for more Nicktoons releases in the future!
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Let's hope these are uncut. The burn on demand Amazon discs are cut apparently, according to reviews.

And thank goodness this is not a 'best of'!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

This is AWESOME! Shout! seems like such a great company. I've got their complete Transformers set and it's great. I hope Shout! does more Nicktoons.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

Yeah, I want Rugrats on DVD.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 on DVD - June 21st

Post by DaveWadding »

A legitimate retail release! Not the Amazon CreateSpace dealies!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-...Season-1/15107
A few weeks ago we reported that Shout! Factory had, ahem, nicked the rights to various classic Nickelodeon-produced animated shows, and would be putting out at retail (using the traditional manufacturing process) some series which had previously been released only through Amazon's manufacture-on-demand (MOD) program called CreateSpace. The first of these is the May 17th release of The Wild Thornberrys - Season 1, and today we've found out that they will follow up with a June 21st street date for Rocko's Modern Life - Season 1!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Just put in my pre-order on Amazon. 13.99 for 13 episodes is really good! I'd rather slowly pay off each season than for a bundle at a huge price. I'm hoping for good sales for season 2!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

No FREAKING WAY!!!! My favorite cartoon show!!!!

I'm sure it will be un-cut since other sets by this company were, right?

The whole first season?!!!! And more seasons to fillow?!!!!!!!!
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Sounds awesome, i loved this show since i was 12 and been one of my favorite cartoons.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This is great news. I enjoyed this show when it was first on (back when Nickelodeon was still good). I just hope they release the episodes UNCUT since the show had a lot of suggestive humor that was cut (as well as a banned episode). I did not buy the BoD dvds since it was overpriced for a "best of" set.

Maybe we will get actual releases of Rugrats and Hey Arnold! from Shout!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Exciting news! This was probably my favorite show on Nickelodeon as a child and I want to be sure to support this release so the rest of the series sees the light of day eventually! :)
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Also an update on the episodes:

This past Thursday we broke the news that Shout! Factory had teamed up with Nickelodeon for a general retail release of Rocko's Modern Life - Season 1 on DVD, the first collection with every episode of the show's first season (out of four which aired). Now the studio has provided package art for this 2-disc set, and we've got a look at that for you below. Fans have been wondering about how "complete" the episodes will be on Shout!'s set. This comes up because reruns of these episodes included edits which took out some jokes, and because the original broadcasts had music which would need to be cleared for a home video release. We're looking into this with Shout!, but so far all we know is that the studio is aware of these issues and is looking at it. We're sure that they will do their absolute best, but of course this is a licensed product so not all decisions are in their hands. Stay tuned and we'll let you know if we find out anything.
Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos ... z1GnojyrpR
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Thornberries seemed like an odd choice for this line to start on, but Rocko's definitely a great way to keep it going. Also curious about when they do Hey Arnold.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

From Shout! Factory:
What’s a wallaby to do when he’s surrounded by annoying neighbors, freeloading pals, heaps of laundry and the weight of life in general? Why, turn to his loyal canine, Spunky, and dim-witted best pal, Heffer, to help him confront the trials and tribulations of modern life. Season One tosses Rocko and his pals into the surreal worlds of the DMV, the carnival, health clubs, vacuum cleaners, bath time, trash day and, of course, the ongoing battle with the cruel and petty Ed Bighead.

Stars Carlos Alazraqui (CatDog), Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Mr. Lawrence (SpongeBob SquarePants) and Charlie Adler (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)!

*Please note that the only available masters for this show are the rebroadcast episodes, some of which contain minor edits for adult content.
http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.a ... z1PS9igRYo

I really wanted the unedited version but if this is the only way to release this awesome show then I'm happy. Plus all of us need to show support by buying this DVD release so they can release the other seasons on DVD.

Rocko's Modern Life - Opening Credits
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HmEGRVUcR0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HmEGRVUcR0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no they're edited!!!!

Is there any way to see the un-edited versions somewhere...?

Though I may still buy this or ask for it anyway.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Disney Duster wrote: Is there any way to see the un-edited versions somewhere...?
One would assume only with very bad picture online.

-Skyler
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I am torn on this. I liked this show growing up and eventually want the dvd for nostalgia, but I really hate censorship of movies and tv shows.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

magicalwands wrote:Let's hope these are uncut. The burn on demand Amazon discs are cut apparently, according to reviews.
I hope it's uncut too. The censored stuff is so funny to watch as an adult. As a kid, I didn't know Heffer (mistaken for a heifer) getting fitted with an udder pump at a dairy farm and Rocko riding a jackhammer would be dirty stuff from an adult's perspective. :lol:

In one episode (of Rocko running against Mr. Bighead for position as dog catcher), Rocko saids "Now that's just damn right cruel", which impressed me as a kid. I couldn't believe he was allowed to use the word 'damn' (and as far as I know, that was the only time he used it in the series) and would have liked other Nicktoon characters to get away with using it especially Ren from Ren & Stimpy.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

According to B. Ward, there's only ONE episode edited on the new DVD and it's The Good, The Bad, and The Wallaby. What we should be concerned if wheather or not the set will include the episode Leap Frogs.