Peanuts DVD/Blu-ray Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"And Warner Home Video has set Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown for Blu-ray release on 5/24 (SRP $24.98)."
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"And Warner Home Video has set Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown for Blu-ray release on 5/24 (SRP $24.98)."
Anybody know why that was delayed in the US? We had it day & date with the DVD here.

-Skyler
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Anybody know why that was delayed in the US? We had it day & date with the DVD here.

-Skyler
It was a Wal-Mart exclusive.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Got Snoopy's adventures last week but havent watched it yet.
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

So are they done with the decade collections? I didn't mind they were bare bones releases, but to just give up makes me mad that I invested in this. I'm thinking that the blu-ray Holiday collection will just have to be enough for me.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

chadhobbick wrote:So are they done with the decade collections?
That's a really good question and I've been wondering that myself. The time gap between the last decade release (70's Vol 2) and now certainly seems longer than the gap between any of the first three.

I really hope they keep the decades collections going, as this is one of the few TV series (although technically, it's not a series!), that I'm a HUGE fan of that has actually started to get the chronological "complete" treatment on DVD. Most of my fave TV series are only available as "highlights" episode compilations, if that.
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I think what WHV needs to do is just release the complete series of Peanuts specials, tv episodes, and movies......and just leave it at that. Release it on Blu-Ray and DVD and call it a day.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm still waiting for an official release of "The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show".
Linus Van Pelt

Post by Linus Van Pelt »

The Charlie brown & Snoopy show is already out on region 1.

Am waiting for the 1980s collection of specials, not to mention the 1990s and 2000s
gardener14
Special Edition

Re: Peanuts DVD/Blu-ray Discussion

Post by gardener14 »

I've been hoping that the two Peanuts movies that haven't been released on dvd would be released soon..."Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" and "Race For Your Life Charlie Brown." I've been waiting and hoping since the other two movies were released as a set a few years ago, but so far I can't find any information about a new release. Does anyone have a clue about if or when we will see these on dvd?
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

gardener14 wrote:I've been hoping that the two Peanuts movies that haven't been released on dvd would be released soon..."Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" and "Race For Your Life Charlie Brown." I've been waiting and hoping since the other two movies were released as a set a few years ago, but so far I can't find any information about a new release. Does anyone have a clue about if or when we will see these on dvd?
Not a clue unfortunately. I hoped we see them through Warner via their new distribution deal with Paramount but those films are not included in the deal. Now it's either that Paramount releases them themselves, through their sub-licensing deal with Olive Films, or wait til the Peanuts movie comes out in 2015.
Linus Van Pelt

Post by Linus Van Pelt »

I dont know why they stopped with the 1970 collection. I was looking forward to the 80s set.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Peanuts Emmy Collection this September!:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Charli ... tion/21057

What you need to know:

First time on DVD!!!!:
-What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?
-Why, Charlie Brown, Why?

Already on DVD, first time remastered!!!:
-She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown
-Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown
-Is this Goodbye, Charlie Brown?
-It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown
-Snoopy's Getting Married, Charlie Brown

Already on DVD, already remastered:
-You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown
-It's Magic, Charlie Brown
-Life is a Circus, Charlie Brown
-You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown

UPDATE 8/31: Target is selling the set early before the release date for a limited time!!!

Also, a reminder; Paramount will release Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back)! on DVD this October.
Last edited by Mickeyfan1990 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

Thanks Mickey! Really getting into these releases....confusing myself though on the Wiki page about all the different releases and which ones are the best to get, etc.