Star Wars Saga Blu Ray set confirmed to be in the works

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

rexcrk wrote:Ugh I definitley don't care for that Complete Saga box art.

I dunno I just feel like there's a MUCH better way to represent the entire saga than "little kid" Anakin V__V
It's little Anakin and Luke. Though reversing the transparency of the figures would be a little more sensible considering they're showing the Lars Homestead
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I know Luke is there too... but Anakin seems to be more of the main focus since he's facing front....
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

rexcrk wrote:I know Luke is there too... but Anakin seems to be more of the main focus since he's facing front....
Well its supposed to be Anakin/Vader's story. I don't like the Complete Saga box either.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I bet the back art will have luke be the solid one facing the front.

And also, I dont mind young Anakin. It's his story. Always was.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Just so some should know, the sound will be 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Also, 8 features that WON'T make the Star Wars set:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/8_f ... ay_box.php
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:8 features that WON'T make the Star Wars set
So much for the claim they made of "scouring the archives"...

Of the 8 items listed, I'm still surprised that they're not including Empire of Dreams or The Legacy Revealed. And I never knew about that John Williams documentary until now.

Perhaps they're all being saved for a re-release in the 3-D Blu-Ray box set. :roll:

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I didn't think we knew for sure they weren't including some of those (Holiday Special excepted as always). Didn't they include a vague "and much more!" thing in the description?

Either way, I already have "Empire of Dreams" on DVD which I was planning to keep anyhow, so... whatever.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Brenders wrote:I didn't think we knew for sure they weren't including some of those (Holiday Special excepted as always). Didn't they include a vague "and much more!" thing in the description?
True, maybe Topless Robot* jumped the gun a bit in assuming some of the big features (like Empire of Dreams) wouldn't be included.
Brenders wrote:Either way, I already have "Empire of Dreams" on DVD which I was planning to keep anyhow, so... whatever.
Same here. But I'm sure it can be offered in HD, especially as Kevin Burns' Superman documentary will be on HD in the Blu-Ray Anthology set.

albert

*there's a phrase I've never used before!
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Also, 8 features that WON'T make the Star Wars set:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/8_f ... ay_box.php
I thought Empire of Dreams and From Star Wars to Jedi were a given...I guess not. Now I have to hold onto my VHS of From Star Wars to Jedi and my DVD of Empire of Dreams, both of which I was hoping to retire when I picked up this supposed "ultimate" set (I'd much rather have these informative docs then the collection of parodies and a doc about some fans). Of course, many of us would like to see the original theatrical versions hidden somewhere in the extras too but I've given up on that battle.

Also, why not Star Tours? The Back to the Future Blus had the ride included and you better believe the majority of the Star Wars fans have fond memories of their first trip to Endor, regardless of how much they love the new one.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

That warwick Davis short is cute. :P
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

Remember that their are 3 supplemental features discs which suggests that there will be more content on those discs than just the initial stuff listed. Im sure we will get a wealth of content in addition to these new features. Did they not say they were keeping most of the material from the DVD editions plus adding new material to the set? :?

Also side note I just finished watching Episode 3. Who else thinks Padme's death was very badly executed. She lost the will to live? wtf. Padme was the strongest character in the saga with the most conviction. She would never abandon her children. I hope Lucas revises this at some point.

Also put her deleted scenes back in. Hate her sitting around for the better part of 3 hours. Show her involvement in the creation of the rebel alliance. Please! It wont be the definitive set for me until this material is restored and since Lucas restored the entire podracing scene in the DVD release of Phantom Menace there is no reason why 11 minutes of crucial deleted story material shouldnt be restored in this release. :D
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Disney Live On wrote:I hope Lucas revises this at some point.
Keep reachin' for that rainbow.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney Live On wrote:
Also put her deleted scenes back in. Hate her sitting around for the better part of 3 hours. Show her involvement in the creation of the rebel alliance. Please! It wont be the definitive set for me until this material is restored and since Lucas restored the entire podracing scene in the DVD release of Phantom Menace there is no reason why 11 minutes of crucial deleted story material shouldnt be restored in this release. :D
I feel the same way about "Star Trek: Nemesis." It had important character driven scenes that I feel, if they had been left in, would have made it a much better film and made a lot of Trekkers happy. Sadly, I doubt either film will get said extension.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

A picture was posted on another forum of the sets out of their slipcases. It looks like the Complete Saga is a book similar to the US Alien Anthology, while the individual trilogies are in normal Blu-ray cases.

I hate they went with the book for the Saga. I'm tempted to just buy the individual releases, but they don't include the special feature discs. Maybe there will be a region free UK import with "better" packaging like the Alien Anthology.

I guess this raises the question... For those that bought the US Alien Anthology how is the book packaging holding up? Also is it doing any damage to the discs? I know Blu-rays can be scratched, although its a lot harder than DVDs.
disneyftw1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyftw1 »

DarthPrime wrote:A picture was posted on another forum of the sets out of their slipcases. It looks like the Complete Saga is a book similar to the US Alien Anthology, while the individual trilogies are in normal Blu-ray cases.

I hate they went with the book for the Saga. I'm tempted to just buy the individual releases, but they don't include the special feature discs. Maybe there will be a region free UK import with "better" packaging like the Alien Anthology.

I guess this raises the question... For those that bought the US Alien Anthology how is the book packaging holding up? Also is it doing any damage to the discs? I know Blu-rays can be scratched, although its a lot harder than DVDs.
I own the US Alien Anthology set and I have no problems with my discs. You don't really get a lot of scratches on the discs with this type of packaging. Each disc has enough room for the disc to fit (sorry, can't explain very well how it works.). As for the set itself, IT'S THE HOLY GRAIL OF BLU-RAYS!!!!!!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Apparently Bill Hunts, Owner of www.thedigitalbits.com was at Lucasfilm's Letterman Digital Center compound at the Presidio in San Francisco (yes I copied and pasted here. I'm Lazy :P ) and he got to see a lot of stuff regarding the upcoming Blu ray releases of Star Wars. Some stuff He can't talk about yet he says on this link....but it sounds good

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/ ... eview.html

Oh and two quotes are worth mentioning...from the preview

one of them is probably predictable...
One thing I should confirm for you at this point: The original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy are not included on these discs. Personally, I never expected them to be. I know a lot of fans want them, but it's clear that Lucas has no intention of making them available at least for the foreseeable future. So for those of you hoping against hope they would be on here, best to start dealing with your disappointment now. I understand how you feel - don't kill the messenger.
Once again, George has apparently added a few new "surprises" into these films. I don't know what they are and didn't get to see any of them on Friday, but I was assured that there will be "new things to notice" when we watch the films
:huh:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I've got my complete saga set pre-ordered! I'm realllyyy looking forward to it.

And I'm really curious to see how George Lucas tinkers with these even more... I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers on the Internet and wait and watch and see what/if I can spot.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I knew there would be more changes, so no surprise. By the early screen shots it looks like the Lightsaber "errors" are fixed. They looked really bad on the 2004 DVDs.

A few changes I hope happens. Clean up the Han/Greedo scene in A New Hope, or change it back to Han shooting first. No "Wesa Free!" during the celebration at the end of Jedi. Also bring back Shaw at the end of Jedi, or redo Hayden. It looks bad, and although I understand why they went with the change its never "looked" right for me.

Like many, I really wish the Original cuts of the Original Trilogy would be released. I'd settle for a Anamorphic DVD release, but a cleaned up Blu-ray would be ideal. Until then I'll hold on to my non-Anamorphic DVDs, and VHSs.

Anyway I'm still not 100% sold on the Complete Saga packaging. I don't like that its not a "real" case. I don't own the Alien Anthology, so I can't really compare it to anything. Still I've heard no issues with scratching discs in the Alien set, so I hope the Star Wars one is the same quality. I was debating just getting the Original Trilogy (the Prequels are ok, but I would be fine not upgrading them to Blu-ray), but all the bonus material in the Complete Saga set is worth the extra.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

A few changes that may be spoilers to some...

Yoda is now CGI in Episode 1. There is a short video of it on YouTube that was leaked. Its not the CGI test from the Episode 3 DVD. I'm ok with this change since the puppet used was horrible. I just hope they never replace the puppet in Empire/Jedi. Also according to various sites the Lightsaber color issues have been corrected in the Original Trilogy.

Also noticed a new preorder exclusive at Best Buy. Its a Episode 3 film cell.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DarthPrime wrote:A few changes that may be spoilers to some...

Yoda is now CGI in Episode 1. There is a short video of it on YouTube that was leaked. Its not the CGI test from the Episode 3 DVD. I'm ok with this change since the puppet used was horrible. I just hope they never replace the puppet in Empire/Jedi. Also according to various sites the Lightsaber color issues have been corrected in the Original Trilogy.

Also noticed a new preorder exclusive at Best Buy. Its a Episode 3 film cell.
Here is something about what you wrote on Yahoo:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 58967.html
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney