Shout Factory's great customer service!

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Shout Factory's great customer service!

Post by littlefuzzy »

I had purchased the 4 SCTV volumes from Dollar General probably 2 years ago, but I didn't get around to opening them until a couple of weeks ago. I discovered that one of the sets was missing a disc, and it was a brand new set.

I emailed Shout Factory about this error on April 1st, and they sent me a replacement disc that I just got in the mail today.

That's pretty quick turnaround, indeed!

On a side note, has anyone else ever had a disc missing from a sealed set? I think several years ago, I discovered I was missing the second disc in the Supergirl limited edition, but I found that pretty quickly after I got the order from Deep Discount DVD, and they were happy to replace the set for me.

BTW, I am posting this at several forums, but I'm not spamming... I don't work for Shout Factory, yadda yadda...
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

In response to your side note, I bought a Terminator 3 set back when it first came out, and it was missing both discs. Not one, but both. I just went back to WalMart and got it exchanged.

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Will Shout release Mae West Dick Cavett Backlot USA TV Show?

Post by Deco King »

How I wish that Shout would release the Dick Cavett Mae West Backlot USA TV Special first aired in (March? ) 1976 as part of another
Dick Cavett series Box Set!
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I once bought a sealed copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Widescreen) that was missing both discs. I bought it again a few years later and it had both discs.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I never bought a DVD missing dics, but a few months ago, I bought "Malcolm in the Middle" Season 1 from Columbia House, and it had 2 Disc 1's in it, so I contacted Columbia House, sent it back, and got a replacement.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I should check my Malcolm in the Middle... Nah, I think I watched it back when I first got it, so I'm probably good! 8)

Speaking of, THERE is a series that needs to be finished on DVD! They released season 1, and then left us hanging!