Finding Nemo Review

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Finding Nemo Review

Post by Maerj »

Jerry Beck of cartoon research has his Finding Nemo review up. There may be some minor spoilers, but you can find it here:

http://www.cartoonresearch.com/reviews.html

For those of you who don't want to follow the link or risk learning more about the film, he says that it is his second favorite Pixar film right behind Toy Story 2. He also proclaims Pixar is now 5 for 5 and seemed to be very enthusaistic about the film! Hooray!
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Hearing this relieves me a bit, as I suspected Finding Nemo may be the least of Pixar's films (not that it would be bad, but just not as good).

Glad to hear a positive opinion, but I'm still reserving my expectations a bit.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Yeah, what Jack said. ;) Finding Nemo looked good, but not as good as Pixar's other films, but I'm happy to see that it's been getting positive reviews. Here's hoping that if it IS the weakest Pixar flick, it'll still be entertaining. :D
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Disneykid wrote: Here's hoping that if it IS the weakest Pixar flick, it'll still be entertaining. :D
Let's face it - with the high quality of Pixar flicks thus far, even the weakest will still be better than 99.9% of the other stuff on the market.

Good to see it is getting positive reviews. I was not "worried" by the trailers at all (they did look fun to me), but nice to see that the film. Nice to see that comment in the review about appealling to kids and adults, which hopefully does get as far as the ears of a certain head of animation...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
maj
Limited Issue

Post by maj »

Who's David Stainton?
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

David Stainton is that new guy in charge of Disney Feature Animation who said if you make a movie for everyone, that you are actually making it for no one.
maj
Limited Issue

Post by maj »

seems a bit of a cop out attitude
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Yeah, but at the same time he is the guy who got them to make the Hunchback of Notre Dame! You don't know who to believe anymore. He may shake things up a lil bit, but I don't think that he is gonna do anything too far out.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I really can't wait to see this. Both of my kids are excited too. My 4 yr old son kept making me replay the preview from KiKi's Delivery Service over & over. The one with the light. We were cracking up!

Zach keeps saying he wants to see Nemo. He's got these cool Nemo pj's he loves, too.